Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK P7M8 for production

-JQ-

The P7 is on the list. Unless there is one I'm not aware of it looks ok to me. The only downside is the reduced capacity magazines. You'll only have 8 rounds in each compared to just about everyone else running 10. Makes some courses (almost all of them) really tight.

You might want to reconsider trying to use it in competition. The P7 gets very hot, under the triggerguard. After 50 rounds, it's almost too hot to hold. If you can get one at a good price, pick it up!

Seiichi

It is on the list for USPSA if I'm not mistaking, but it is not on the list for IPSC (if you ever decide to go international). Then again, in IPSC with 20 round CZ's dominating, I doubt the P7 will ever be competitive.

I had a P7M13 and really liked it. It's one of those guns you have to learn to shoot though. Accuracy was amazing (1"@25yds). Trigger is sweet. I just couldn't get used to that squeeze cocker...

The P7 takes some getting used too, but as Spook says it is superbly accurate (I now have his M13, but owned an M8 for years) and my sister loves it.

The M8 is for smaller hands, the M13 for bigger hands but you could add Nill grips to improve handling. I have yet to find a standard pistol that can give faster and closer grouped follow-up shots.

It is however 100% unforgiving to people who neglect the basic safety rule on where and when to put your finger on the trigger which let to several fatal AD's / ND's with the police in West Germany. GSG operators however loved it and "never" had problems with the squeeze cocking action.

The single stacks M8 magazines are easier on the thumb then the double stack M13's. And the M8 is more concealable than the M13 because it's slimmer frame, if that is an issue.

As for durability, replace the slide spring when you buy it and you're good to go.

Regards,

Dick

P7s are a lot of fun to shoot in USPSA Production. I've been shooting an P7 M13 since Production was started. Totally reliable and if there are any misses it isn't the guns fault. As to the gun heating up, yes, maybe 75 rounds, but since there is usually an hours wait between stages I've never had a P7 get too hot at a match.

The P7 M8 only holds 8 in the magazine, but so does does a Single Stack.

Reloads are quick with the ambi mag release and simply squeeze to close the slide.

There is also plenty of good Kydex equipment available.

:cheers:

Same experience here. Super accurate because the barrel is fixed in the frame. Super fast slide cycle. I've heard how it gets too hot to handle, but I never noticed it, even in matches. Alas, I sold my M13 to pay for an SV I bought. But some of my best production classifiers were shot with that M13. I wouldn't shoot production with an M8, its capacity is too limiting.

Single stack division isn't really single-stack, it is 1911. (weird, huh?)

We have a local shooter that uses one for Steel Challenge match. Great there. You'll want up to 5 mags for it though or you will slow the match down.

Get it :surprise: and keep it.

I prefer Nill grips on the P7M8 to make the grip thicker. Mag pouches are an issue with the M8 due to the design of the mag. (I have not found a mag pouch I like for the M8 for speed reloads) The Trigger on the P7 series has a long reset when compared to more common Production guns. VERY limited aftermarket accessories. Even Mags can be hard to find.

I like the P7M13 for production - the extra 2 rounds come in handy, much easier to reload. Lots of fun.

:cheers: - I will playing in production using an M13 this year - Hope to see you at the range......

Edited by Clyde

Get it :surprise: and keep it.

I prefer Nill grips on the P7M8 to make the grip thicker. Mag pouches are an issue with the M8 due to the design of the mag. (I have not found a mag pouch I like for the M8 for speed reloads) The Trigger on the P7 series has a long reset when compared to more common Production guns. VERY limited aftermarket accessories. Even Mags can be hard to find.

I like the P7M13 for production - the extra 2 rounds come in handy, much easier to reload. Lots of fun.

:cheers: - I will playing in production using an M13 this year - Hope to see you at the range......

In my experience the trigger reset on the P7 is very fast, have you tried the reset on a P9? That one is almost too long for faster shooting but the P9 is ideal for target shooting. For new / used mag go to the source, Germany, and try these guys: http://www.cds-ehrenreich.de/zubehoer/magp.htm

You get your favorite gumsmith to order 7 P7M8 mags and you have your minimum order amount (€ 275).

Regards,

Dick

FROM THE HOMEPAGE:

English Text:

Here you can order our actual gun and sparepart list or the goods you want by Email or you can call (+49-9963-551) or send your orders by fax (+49-9963-539)

Please do understand, that we charge a postage+printfee of 3 Euros (inside Europe)and 5 Euros (all other countries) for sending our big list by post.

Our Bank-Account:

Postscheckkonto Nürnberg: (BLZ 760 100 85) Konto-Nr. 1529 856

for international transfers: IBAN-No.: DE 4876 0100 8500 0152 9856, BIC: PBNKDEFF

Order- and terms of Delivery

Live guns (category B-D in the EU) and main gunparts are available on good value. Please send your appropriate paperwork (EU-License + EU-Transferpapers), or from abroad countries an international import certificate with your order. Orders from non EU-Countries are prone to an export license from us and can only fullfilled, if we are granted one. The costs for this will be 30 Euros for the paper- and customswork. The minimum orders in this cases are set to 275 Euros net (plus shipping and package costs). The surcharges does NOT APPLY for EU-Countries.

Delivery only in strict accordance with the applicable laws.

For ordering of "free" guns (air-rifles/pistols, deactivated guns. magazines, free spareparts, ... ) please obey your local laws. We do need a copy of your Identycard, as proof of minimum age of 18 years.

For legal reasons: We cannot deliver any parts related to guns or guns itself to private individuals in the United States of America

Right of return/Returning Merchandise:

From EU-Member-States: All our goods are in good working order and working as described. Anyway, you have the right to return the goods within 14 days after billing date, if they are not suiting your needs - provided they have not been altered, damaged or abused. We do only accept returned goods if they are in the same condition we have send them AND if they are send back FREE of CHARGE. Please pack them securely, as we do NOT refund, if the goods where damaged during return-shipment!

From Non-EU-States: We do not accept return of goods, if not otherwise agreed in advance!

Attention: Decorating guns/deactivated guns: If the plastic bags containing the small parts of the deactivated guns are damaged, WE DO NOT refund!

If you return mechandise, always give billing date AND number, as we otherwise cannot refund! As mentinoned above, there is a date-limit of 14 days - starting with the billing-date - to return goods outside from Germany (inside Germany are only 10 days).

If they arrive later, A RESTOCKING CHARGE OF 15% of the value will be deducted from possible refunds.

Terms of delivery:

Minimum orders for merchandise (other than guns and main gunparts) are 25 Euros inside the EU-member states. All other countries have a minimum order for ALL parts of 275 Euros net (plus shipping and packing). We send (where applicable) only COD, or for countries not supporting COD, only by prepayment to our bank account, or by creditcard. Let us know, how you will pay....

And remember: - Except from EU-member-countries -, we do NOT accept, returning of merchandise without written agreement in advance! For all goods (i.e. guns, magazines, main gunparts), needing an International Exportlicense, the minimum order is 275 Euros net (+ surcharge 30 Euros for Paperwork, plus shipping and packing costs)

Inside of the EU all goods (except Guns and main-parts) without any problem. For guns, gunparts ... we do need the prior agreement papers (and EU-Transferpapers) issued from your local authorithies in charge for gun-laws. If you need help, please call...

All goods are travelling on the risk of the buyer, after leaving our premises. If you like insurance, please ask, and we will inform you about the extra-costs for that service, depending of the value of the goods in question.

Please obey also our terms of sale for spareparts delivery terms for spareparts (text still in german - will be translated in the future).

All goods are our property, until they are paid in full. Availability is subject to prior sale.

Errors and Price-changes possible and reserved.

Place of fullfillment is in any way 92259 Neukirchen-Holnstein. Valid are only german sales terms and laws. The use of UN-buying rights/codecs are strictly disclosed... Should for any reasons one of the terms not conforms with the law, it should be replaced with a term as close as possible, to the term in question.All other terms should stay and are not inflicted.

We hold nearly 99 % of our offers in stock and our personal service is worth the longest travel to our place: Travelmap.

I would be happy to get your order and I will do my best to deliver the ordered goods fast.

Dealers may ask for their special conditions. But please provide proper paperwork beforehand to identify you clearly as a gundealer, as we otherwise will not hand out the dealerterms.

All prices are ex works and include VAT. On foreign orders from non EU-countries the VAT may be excluded and deducted.

Dieter Ehrenreich

- President + CEO -

We had a competitor using a P7M13 a couple of years ago. IIRC he shot it in Production

and Limited/Limited 10 minor.

Neat little gun. Extremely fast action, very accurate. Unfortunately after a few months the

slide cracked. I don't know if he ever got it fixed, never saw the gun in a match again.

Bill