Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Indiana Section and State Championship

I had a great time! I want to give a hearty "Thanks" to everyone involved. You people really know how to put on a match. I didn't do nearly as well as I would have expected from myself....BUT...I did win a C-MORE as a door prize and while that is cool I don't think it will work well on my M&P. I will be putting the certificate up for sale on the classifieds later. Again, thanks all!

How did you find out about the door prize? email?

Congrats on the c-more...

All donated door prizes were given out during sign in. We did a blind draw based on your competitor number. Not everyone received a prize.

Prizes were awarded to all staff members as well.

We had the Door Prize gun, the raffle gun, which were drawn on Sunday.

Once scores are final, HOA will be notified about winning one of the other donated guns which were from Shooters Supply in Louisville, Detonics and gunsmith Chris McCoy.

Then plaques will be sent out for class winners in recognized divisions.

Thanks to everyone involved and all the shooters. I would especially like to thank Bob Miller of Miller Custom who built both pistols with the donated parts we got him. He offered to do one gun build and then Caspian sent along a frame as well so he said he would do two for the match. He didn't have all the parts for the guns until about a week and half ago.

STI, Caspian, Nowlin, Chris Patty (CPWSA), Shuemann all donated parts for these to guns to be built. Bob also shot the match with staff on Friday, really his first USPSA match, I think he is hooked now. And he is taking orders!!!

Kevin Siddle from Detonics was also there, and they donated a Detonics Service Master that will be given to HOA in L10. Kevin shot the match on Saturday.

I want to thank Dominic for help of getting sponsors and setting up the website. Dominic's contact with Ron from Shooters Supply got us 4 of the guns for the match, thanks.

I always ask this, but if you have the time please send the thank you's also to the sponsors, the more they hear from us the easier it is to have them help support the prize tables for these events.

Thanks

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great match, but man was it HOT!

Does anyone have a video of the bowling ball stage? ...I have to show that to a couple guys.

Darren

see if this will work, all went well until I got inside the hallway...oh well.

th_Coreystage4.jpg

Edited by steel1212

We drove over 800 miles, endured brutal heat, and it was well worth it. I would do it again in a skinny minute. We throughly enjoyed the match. Congratulations to all involved for making it happen. There was a lot of pain and suffering involved in producing the match and I for one greatly appreciate the efforts. We are looking forward to next year.

T&T :cheers:

This was my first Indiana Sectional, but not my first visit to Silver Creek. I have been there for Kentucky Sectional's and Area 5 matches. I am still impressed with the stage props and the designs using windows, ports, stairs, and a sliding wall !!!!!!! (and this year I FINALLY hit both shoot targets on that wall)

My compliments to the match director, stage designers, stat's crew, range staff and anyone else I forgot to mention. The hard work showed.

Diana made a very wise decision in talking me into shooting the Saturday AM session. I was only well-done at the end of the day. Saturday PM or Sunday would have cooked my goose, as well as some other parts. Diana found that most of the ports favored her height (or lack of height) EXCEPT for Stage 8, Crossways in Clark County. There she had to try shooting on tip-toes to get high enough to aim over the port. She wasn't complaining, except about my taking a picture of that ballet pointe shooting stance :D

I had the pleasure of being squadded with Proff & his son Teepy. Teepy will be a factor in Junior Class VERY SOON. Diana commented that Teepy acts like any other kid, right up until he gets called to the line. THEN he is all about the shooting business.

As a REVOLVER shooter, it was challenging to face five 32 round field courses, 2 28 round, 1 22 round and 2 12 round stages. The challenge was keeping my pants UP with all the moon clips on the belt! :surprise:

Most stages had several ways to deal with the problem. When I figured it out properly, I had good runs. (good by my standards, anyway)

When I didn't....as on Stage 5 and on Stage 9, my scores showed it. The Texas Star on Stage 9, partially hidden inside the doorway, was not one of my finest moments. (but I did get to shoot lots and lots and lots of bullets at it)

A good time at the range, with good people. Thank you for putting on a fine match.

Well a hearty Thank YOU to all who had anything to do with the Indiana Section match.

This was my 3rd Major match in 6 weeks and all 3 were TOP NOTCH !!!!!

I do have 1 complaint though...................

Flex was supposed to be squadded with ME, but somehow got out of it !!!!!! :surprise:

I'll get him next time though.

At was good to see old friends, and now some new ones too! :cheers:

Thanks again. Great match, good job.

Hop

What an outstanding match. I think the stages and props were some of the best I have seen. Great job on the match to all the staff. My performance was probably my worst in a couple or yrs but thats ok. I'll be back at in a couple days after a small break. Just a bump in the road.

Had a awesome squad, everyone worked their butts off and it made the day go smoothly. We had 11 guys and all the stages went fast.

Congrats to all the winners

Thanks to all the staff for working the match and putting up with all that heat. One heck of a match.

Flyin

I know everyone always says great match on the morning after (because you have fun, thats why we are in this game), but this really was a great match. Many of the stages challenged the brain matter, and I'm not sure that I was up to the task. I just do not how these people keep coming up with these challenging stages. Anyway, thank you very much, for butt busting work for me to enjoy. Great squad mates, althuogh Chris, and Bill, and Dave,Hunter, and I knew would be. Airdale, thanks for hauling my tired dehydrated but around, and other help.

thanks again Dave, and staff--JWBooth

I had a great time! I want to give a hearty "Thanks" to everyone involved. You people really know how to put on a match. I didn't do nearly as well as I would have expected from myself....BUT...I did win a C-MORE as a door prize and while that is cool I don't think it will work well on my M&P. I will be putting the certificate up for sale on the classifieds later. Again, thanks all!

How did you find out about the door prize? email?

Congrats on the c-more...

No, Got it at registration.

Flex was supposed to be squadded with ME, but somehow got out of it !!!!!! :surprise:

Hop

He still fears the wheel. If he squads with wheelies too much he gets the revo itch and talks about shooting nothing but wheelguns. I feel bad for him in a way, he has a weakness for the wheelgun. Don't take it personal Hop. :goof:

Hop

He still fears the wheel. If he squads with wheelies too much he gets the revo itch and talks about shooting nothing but wheelguns. I feel bad for him in a way, he has a weakness for the wheelgun. Don't take it personal Hop. :goof:

Chad said he'd let me carry his range bag. How could I pass that up?

(There was a no-show on that squad that had all the guys I rode to the match with. So, they put me there.)

Missed ya Hop.

Redmist...did your reloading press break or something?

I really enjoyed the match except for the heat. It ran very smooth and professional. IN has developed into one of the best state matches around.

I would have liked to see interim results posted on the range each day.

Five scoring corrections have been identified and forwarded to the Rhino. Final scores will be complete when he updates the database and completes the final upload. Thank you for your patience.

..... 5 mistakes out of 2,550 scoresheets (0.0019%) sounds like Rhino did a kick-ass job to me ! B):cheers:

I have received several inquiries about plaques. Once results are finalized, plaques will be ordered and sent to the address on the application of the various winners. I will also post the list of winners here on the forum and on our match website.

This process should not take any longer than 1 - 2 weeks.

According to my calculations, plaques will be awarded to each of the following:

Limited Division

High Overall: Matt Cheely

Indiana Champion: Chris Land

First Master: Timothy Calhoun

Second Master: Michael Foley

First "A": Chris Land

Second "A": Chris Keen

Third "A": Randee Uy

First "B": Austin Bradley

Second "B": Ryan Zamberlan

Third "B": Roy Neal

First "C": Jeff Semones

Second "C": Jim Moore

Third "C": Tracy Iradi

First "D": Jeff Gordon

Second "D": Brian Stewart

Third "D": Tom Cooper

High Senior: John Himler

High Junior: Trent Podnar

Production Division

High Overall: Robert Vogel

Indiana Champion: Andrew Metts

First "A": Andrew Metts

First "B": Greg Panzl

Second "B": Matt Hopkins

Third "B": William Hall

First "C": Mike Armbrust

Second "C": David Lee

Third "C": Brian Fox

First "D": Dean Francisco

Second "D": Rick Blankenship

Third "D": Kevin Striegel

High Super Senior: Ron Buchnat

High Senior: William Smith

High Lady: Mary Ann Cooper

Open Division

High Overall: Clint Upchurch

Indiana Champion: Steve Marsden

First Master: Thomas Moore

Second Master: Jeff Matsche

Third Master: Steve Marsden

First "A": Martin Toy

First "B": Dundee Uy

Second "B": Chris Lattin

Third "B": Pete Briggs II

First "C": Darren Mulford

Second "C": Brent Roberts

Third "C": Bill Gallahue

High Super Senior: Max Bedwell

High Senior: James Smith

High Lady: Jane Ball

Limited 10 Division

High Overall: Matt Griffin

Indiana Champion: Jacob Martens

First "B": Remo Hinlo

Second "B": Steven Roesch

First "C": Jeremy Parker

Second "C": Kyle Jackson

Third "C": David Kitchen

High Senior: Dan Olschefski

Single Stack Division

High Overall: Tony Hawkins

Indiana Champion: Tim Colby

First "C": Terry Porter

First "D": Joel Quimby

High Senior: Ed Putnam

Revolver Division

High Overall: Chad Rausch

Indiana Champion: Jack Jawor

First "A": Sam Keen

First "B": Pat Scott

High Overall winners are ineligible for class and category awards. Class award winners are ineligible for category awards.

Edited by davidball

According to my calculations, plaques will be awarded to each of the following:

Limited Division

High Overall: Matt Cheely

Indiana Champion: Chris Land

First Master: Timothy Calhoun

Second Master: Michael Foley

First "A": Chris Land

Second "A": Chris Keen

Third "A": Randee Uy

First "B": Austin Bradley

Second "B": Ryan Zamberlan

Third "B": Roy Neal

First "C": Jeff Semones

Second "C": Jim Moore

Third "C": Tracy Iradi

First "D": Jeff Gordon

Second "D": Brian Stewart

Third "D": Tom Cooper

High Senior: John Himler

High Junior: Trent Podnar

Production Division

High Overall: Robert Vogel

Indiana Champion: Andrew Metts

First "A": Andrew Metts

First "B": Greg Panzl

Second "B": Matt Hopkins

Third "B": William Hall

First "C": Mike Armbrust

Second "C": David Lee

Third "C": Brian Fox

First "D": Dean Francisco

Second "D": Rick Blankenship

Third "D": Kevin Striegel

High Super Senior: Ron Buchnat

High Senior: William Smith

High Lady: Mary Ann Cooper

Open Division

High Overall: Clint Upchurch

Indiana Champion: Steve Marsden

First Master: Thomas Moore

Second Master: Jeff Matsche

Third Master: Steve Marsden

First "A": Martin Toy

First "B": Dundee Uy

Second "B": Chris Lattin

Third "B": Pete Briggs II

First "C": Darren Mulford

Second "C": Brent Roberts

Third "C": Bill Gallahue

High Super Senior: Max Bedwell

High Senior: James Smith

High Lady: Jane Ball

Limited 10 Division

High Overall: Matt Griffin

Indiana Champion: Jacob Martens

First "B": Remo Hinlo

Second "B": Steven Roesch

First "C": Jeremy Parker

Second "C": Kyle Jackson

Third "C": David Kitchen

High Senior: Dan Olschefski

Single Stack Division

High Overall: Tony Hawkins

Indiana Champion: Tim Colby

First "C": Terry Porter

First "D": Joel Quimby

High Senior: Ed Putnam

Revolver Division

High Overall: Chad Rausch

Indiana Champion: Jack Jawor

First "A": Sam Keen

First "B": Pat Scott

High Overall winners are ineligible for class and category awards. Class award winners are ineligible for category awards.

To all above :cheers:

I have had the pleasure of being involved with the IN state matches for several years. Dave and Jane are the best. They draw together some of the finest and hardest working folks I know. The only complaint I have is. I had to say Kosciusko about a hundred times. But stage 2 was a run and gun fun filled stage. I had a great team and even greater shooters.

I want to thank all of the hard working squads that came through our stage. I know how hot and tired you were. But you all worked together and kept our stage and your match moving along. I hope to see you all on the range somewhere. And most of all at the IN State next year.

Mike Thompson

Stage 2