Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hope I'm not letting a cat out of the bag but I was at Cherokee a couple of weeks ago and...........The GA section coordinator and Atlanta area club leaders had a meeting after the match to address the previous post's question. I don't know what the heck they decided on I left after I got finished shooting. I did however ask a highly reliable source "the question" and the inference was that Riverbend Gun Club will do the honors in 2008. No clue about when though. I'm guessing mid-June. Probably wrong but that's my guess. Another guess--definitive info will soon be forthcoming. :)

I hope I'm not letting a cat out of the bag but I was at Cherokee a couple of weeks ago and...........The GA section coordinator and Atlanta area club leaders had a meeting after the match to address the previous post's question. I don't know what the heck they decided on I left after I got finished shooting. I did however ask a highly reliable source "the question" and the inference was that Riverbend Gun Club will do the honors in 2008. No clue about when though. I'm guessing mid-June. Probably wrong but that's my guess. Another guess--definitive info will soon be forthcoming. :)

Thanks, for the info , I sure hope they decide May would be better, or should I say cooler. :rolleyes:

Riverbend Gun Club (awaiting final approval from the board) in October. Traditional format (RO's on Fri. Competitors Sat./Sun)

Roger,

Where is Riverbend Gun Club? Thanks,

Jack,

http://www.rbgc.org/index.htm

988 River Bend Gun Club Road, Dawsonville, GA 30534

http://www.google.com/maps?li=d&hl=en&...ville,+GA+30534

Banks

Action Pistol

Notice to all Competitors!

As a reminder, +P ammunition and hollow-point ammunition can no longer be used at Action Pistol events at RBGC.

Ammunition should be standard velocity and lead, jacketed, or plated bullets only.

This was copied from the Riverbend website. Does this still apply to open shooters with 125 JHP's during the GA State match?

TIA

Action Pistol

Notice to all Competitors!

As a reminder, +P ammunition and hollow-point ammunition can no longer be used at Action Pistol events at RBGC.

Ammunition should be standard velocity and lead, jacketed, or plated bullets only.

This was copied from the Riverbend website. Does this still apply to open shooters with 125 JHP's during the GA State match?

TIA

The action pistol part on RBGC's website is not the USPSA action pistol. It is a club run match. As far as I know and have been doing since RBGC started USPSA matches......I have been shooting 125 and 147 jhps. I would disregard that rule for USPSA as all of us have already been doing.

Riverbend Gun Club (awaiting final approval from the board) in October. Traditional format (RO's on Fri. Competitors Sat./Sun)

Roger,

Where is Riverbend Gun Club? Thanks,

Up close to Dawsonville.

It is absolutely beautiful up there especially in October. Look at it this way, you pay a fee to shoot the match and get to take the wife and kids to the see the fall colors for free! I would also advise everyone of the wisdom of an early lodging reservation.

Charles Bond

We are hoping it will be the last weekend in October, the match will be run by Mark Leeber and myself Peter Oliver, our normally monthly match is the 4th Saturday, so we are hoping for the same weekend.

The JHP issue is only for the Action Pistoleers, no such RBGC rule, just to that disipline.

We currently use the Cowboy bays (11 in total) but may have the tactical range open by then we will see.

It will be standard format, Friday RO's & select few shooters, then 1/2 day Sat/Sun or all Sat or Sun.

Mark is just awaiting fianl approval from the board at RBGC. but as it is out and on here I thought I would chime in.

Peter Oliver

Good Afternoon and Merry Christmas!

Indeed, RBGC Practical Shoters is planning on hosting the 2008 Georgia State match at River Bend Gun Club. River Bend is in Dawson county on about 400 acres of rolling hills; October is perfect in that neck of the woods! I am waiting on the Board of Directors of the club to give me a final OK on one issue. I expect to have an answer mid-January at which point everything will become "official". We do have a contingency plan that I do not think we will need to use. The tentative plan now is for ROs and a limited number of shooters to shoot Friday the 24th and the rest of the folks to shoot Saturday and Sunday in half day formats. At this point that is about all I can tell you as the rest is still undecided. We will have a web page up with local hotels and restaurants as well as all the other details once everything is set.

Thanks!

Mark Leeber

Mark and Peter,

It would be nice to be able to shoot the match in one long day. For some of us, who's work schedules don't allow 2 days off in a row. Would that be an option for some?

Thanks,

I think thats what they mean.

You shoot all the stages in half a day. Either Sat. morning or Sat. afternoon or Sun morning.

Thats the way it was this year.

• 2 weeks later...
So that would be Oct 24-26 right.

Chris C.

So.... Is Oct 24-26 correct , or are we still waiting on confirmation from USPSA?

Also has date been set for the GATOR CLASSIC? I would like to make both of these Major Southern Matches.

Yes, the proposed dates are the 24-26th. I will know for sure by the 16th of this month. Stay tuned...

Mark

So that would be Oct 24-26 right.

Chris C.

So.... Is Oct 24-26 correct , or are we still waiting on confirmation from USPSA?

Also has date been set for the GATOR CLASSIC? I would like to make both of these Major Southern Matches.

I don't understand why they would schedule it on the same dates as the Gator Classic was last year. I am sure they must know the dates will be similar this year? :blink: I wanted to shoot both matches but if it is on the same dates then get the RV out we goin to luuuusiana ;)

Edited by KGentry

• 4 weeks later...