Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

stupid accidents around the house

zhunter

Working on guitars, as I have for years, you discover the many benefits of super glue. One of them is indeed closing up wounds quickly and efficiently. How efficiently? I had a surgery last year that required 18 stitches inside my abdominal wall. For the corresponding incision on the outside, I got, you guessed it, super glue. Nary a stitch, and it held long enough for my skin to heal itself shut. Wondrous stuff.

As far as not working on garage doors, I agree wholeheartedly. While installing my own garage door opener, I loosened the wrong spring. It knocked a hole in the ceiling of my brand new garage {my first house ever, dammit}, and the door fell and cracked the similarly new driveway. I ended up paying someone to come over and give me crap while he fixed it. Embarrassing, as well as damned stupid. Lesson learned.

Now go see the good doctor so you have no excuse for next month! :P

No voodoo in NM, right. But they got all those Indians, some of those old time shaman and stuff, serious bad juju. Your gonna need more than super glue, better get some ears of corn, bat ears, eagle feathers and mouse turds and stuff. Cheap wishey works too.-------------Larry

There are a lot of topics on whick I'll bust Jim's chops, or challenge his expertise --- hey, we're friends, after all --- garage doors/openers/springs isn't one of those. We had a garage in the last house -- at some point the door opener died. I call Jim and he sends one of his guys over to install a new opener. While the installer's there, he looks around, adjusts the door, recommends safety cables for the two extension springs (at a whopping $6. each about 5 years ago) and installs 'em. Long story short -- two years later as I'm getting out of the truck one of the springs lets go, and something gets knocked off a shelving unit in the vicinity and flies across the garage. Turns out to be a can of spray paint that was up on the shelf --- I'm really glad it wasn't part of the spring....

I am pretty handy but there are two things that I don't mess with....lectricity and garage doors....don't ask me how I know :D

On the subject of super glue for closing skin wounds:

First it works fine just make sure you have a clean wound that you are closing. I have ripped open a lot of infected wounds on day three and four to clean them out.

Second the type used for suturing is actual different.....it is either octyl or butyl cyanoacrylate vs super glue being ethyl cyanoacrylate.

I have been using loctite brand super glue for bad cuts that should get stitches.

You can close the wound and cover the area with a few layers of glue to keep it all in place.

The real band aid glue is the same stuff at twice the price...for half as much.

good luck Z....Marrubium vulgare :P

Jim

I read somewhere they use it to chase grasshoppers away from gardens. :devil:

Now GentlemanJim can take that doll's hand (the one with the uncanny resemblance to you) out of his big shop vise....

they don't do voodoo in NM :devil:

Says who?

Right now I have my new single stack on a raised platform on my reloading bench surrounded by preserved bat wings and essence of Sedro Woolley. :devil:

Hope the finger heals quickly....we want to see a fair fight to the last target....fair being a relative term!

And this from a denizen of the City Different. No wonder I stay away from there. Also stay away from anything mechanical before a shoot, which reminds me, maybe a Navajo Healer would bless my reloader. Good luck with the thumb.

The Dr. said, It will be a slow healing process because of the location of the deepest part of the cut, which is right on the inside of the bend of the thumb.

I may be able to practice about a week before the WSSS at best.

NO excuses tho, just part of life.

The Dr. said, It will be a slow healing process because of the location of the deepest part of the cut, which is right on the inside of the bend of the thumb.

This might be the time to figure out if you can get really good at shooting weakhanded.....

This might be the time to figure out if you can get really good at shooting weakhanded.....

I start tomorrow

But, loading mags is a serious issue at this point.

I look at it as an opportunity to build on a weakness

Who cares about your thumb....what's the news with the hot Dr's assistant!! :cheers:

Who cares about your thumb....what's the news with the hot Dr's assistant!! :cheers:

The Dr. was out of the office on a family emergency and HILLARY was not in a great mood, so I did not waste my final strike at a bad time. I decided to show patience and wait for better circumstances.

The Dr. was out of the office on a family emergency and HILLARY was not in a great mood, so I did not waste my final strike at a bad time. I decided to show patience and wait for better circumstances.

How could anyone be a great mood at any time bearing the same name as you know who? :rolleyes:

How could anyone be a great mood at any time bearing the same name as you know who? :rolleyes:

TRUST me, she is HOT!!!