Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R & R Racing Multi-Gun 2008

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with outerlimits. Accuracy was a factor in this match and you had to work for it and shoot "A's" to avoid the time penalties. No 'gimmies' at this match folks! Shoot too many "C's" and "D's" (or no shoots in some cases) and watch the time penalties add up!

Got to hand it to the range staff and crew, everyone did a great job and everyone worked to keep the match running on time.

Do the stage numbers correspond to the stage descriptions posted on the website? What happened to Taran on Stage 10?

Chuck - According to one of the RO's on the stage (assuming Stage 10 was the long range stage) Taran got to the stage and asked him what weight bullets people where using and was told mixed, but it didn't seem to matter if you hit the plates. When I asked the same question as you after looking at the scores, he said Taran timed out and did not get all the longer range plates down (275 and 325 yards) - walking away saying something to the affect of next time I'll use heavier bullets.

Do the stage numbers correspond to the stage descriptions posted on the website? What happened to Taran on Stage 10?

That was the long distance stage (315-20 yard max). He timed out and left 4+ of the long distance targets up. He was using 60's.

Same complaints from the X3 match in Piru with those resetting targets. With slow 55 grain bullets you have to hit them in a small(er) sweet spot.

Don't use slow and light bullets when engaging those targets.

Hornady 55's at 3120 worked just fine for me. My rifle puked (my fault) on stage ten. I shot it in 188 clearing a double feed after every shot. However I shot stage 1 in the 68 or so going 12 for 15 on the rifle targets.

62's at 2875fps wouldn't do it. Put 11 rounds on the 275 target before I finally quit. OUCH!! Other than that, it was a great match. I really liked the scoring system. It was nice to see everyone slow down a little bit to get A's even on the "hoser" stages. Well done Robert and RJ!!

Adios,

TG

Hornady 55's at 3120 worked just fine for me. My rifle puked (my fault) on stage ten. I shot it in 188 clearing a double feed after every shot. However I shot stage 1 in the 68 or so going 12 for 15 on the rifle targets.

Hey buddy,

Glad to see you made it home safe. Thanks for stopping to check on us ;) . It was good to see you again, and look forward to shooting with you again!

Adios,

TG

How were HM and HM optics scored?

Looking at the scores it appears that they were not separated out on predominant rifle stages, at least it looks that way to me, due to there not being 2 people with 100% on any stage.

i'm just curious, because the weather down here in the south sux, and a short trip north next year might do wonders for my personality. :rolleyes:

Trapr

How were HM and HM optics scored?

Looking at the scores it appears that they were not separated out on predominant rifle stages, at least it looks that way to me, due to there not being 2 people with 100% on any stage.

i'm just curious, because the weather down here in the south sux, and a short trip north next year might do wonders for my personality. :rolleyes:

Trapr

Heavy Metal and Heavy OPTICS were scored together. One 100% per stage.

Not a bad call with the low turnout of Heavy Metal (6) Heavy Optics (5). But since the only thing holding the Heavy Optics guys back is the 20 round rifle

I would suggest they may be better suited in Tactical Optics as Heavy Optics allows hi cap 9mm and auto shotguns.

Patrick

That was the long distance stage (315-20 yard max). He timed out and left 4+ of the long distance targets up. He was using 60's.

Same complaints from the X3 match in Piru with those resetting targets. With slow 55 grain bullets you have to hit them in a small(er) sweet spot.

Don't use slow and light bullets when engaging those targets.

i had no problems on stage 10-used 55 gr NBT's going 2986 fps.

I timed out on stage 10, and only got one of the 275 targets down. Using Black Hills 55s at about 3,000 out of an 18" barrel. Part of my problem was I had it in my little mind that those things were at 175, instead of 275. I knew the correct range before the buzzer sounded, but I suffer from 'buzzer amnesia', and my brain quits functioning when it hears that sound! If I'd held on the top edge of the targets they probably would have fallen. I had no problem on stage 1 taking down all the plates, but popping a no-shoot with the pistol didn't help!

Trav, it was cool running in to you and Mike on the way out of Portland. Glad to see you made it home safely!

BTW, my wife made it out of surgery Monday morning just fine. She's still in the hospital, in some pain from the back surgery, but doing better every day. Should be home tomorrow, and I can begin my full-time nursing duties for the next month or so!

Do we have any pics coming? I wanted to take pics but......having to much fun

Rick

Here's a picture of young Jacob Klein. It was gratifying to see the young shooters.

post-11767-1216425599.jpg

Jacob was on my squad. Good kid (but don't tell him I said that)! It was a pleasure shooting with him, and his grampa!