Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What slide lightening cuts do you like?

Adam B

files to large..no luck

I just got my Brazos gun and I love the slide cuts so much, I might buy a brazos' cut slide for my ltd. gun. He sells em at a pretty reasonable price on his website. just feels kinda funny putting his slide on a gun not built by him..

I really appreciate good metal work. Brazos has a very clean look but racy as heck. Bedell has made some stunning guns and on average they are extremely sexy guns. EGW racing stripes are just plain cool. Gans does really cool work as well. Cheely is doing some very creative cuts that look awesome. There are quite a few out there doing really nice looking cuts

I wanted something of my own, something that would be very difficult to duplicate, something that would be functionally driven but still look good. So far the response has been all positive.

post-7366-1196860736.jpg

post-7366-1196861014.jpg

Edited by HSMITH

I wanted something of my own, something that would be very difficult to duplicate, something that would be functionally driven but still look good. So far the response has been all positive.

Howard, yours look great as long as we can't see you in the picture :ph34r::goof:

I would like to see more from Venry, Radical seems very appropriate. If you have a Radical gun please post pictures!!

Howard-

Thanks for the "promo". Yes, I have done a few "swiss cheese" cuts, and even some "Beretta stylle" full cuts on customer's request. Normally, it gets discussed with the customer and the dreams (nightmare??) come true. I am partial to lots of "internal" lightening, like for IDPA where they can not show externally. Also externally where it can not be readily detected either. :cheers: Here are some internal and external lightening jobs, that are not so apparent but are effective.

Various102.jpg

This is an effective lightening ploy that does double duty on Open guns. Tri-Top, "Radical style ejection porting, and custom machining of comps. Lots of slide "shaving" too.

Various092.jpg

This are Conceal Carry pistols, made very, very light. The red Hi-cap is Officers Model size with a titanium frame and stainless slide coming in a 18 oz. complete. It is "V" ported with two barrels: one in 10 mm and the other in .45 ACP. The other one is my own carry "chopped" single stack with a sub-officers size frame and Commander length slide, in .45 ACP. Both guns have extensive internal and external slide lightening that is not that readily apparent.

You want swiss cheese ?? You'll have to get one of my customers to volunteer that. :devil:

My pics are in Gallery under 5" fat free. My own design.

So questions for crowd, I don't like holes that are visible from shooting position. I like a flat top slide with as low as possible front sight. So during recovery I track flat top down until I find the front sight.

Most everybody seems to be taking all weight off the front? IS is just for looks or don't like the holes in rear of the slide.

Will the radically cut slides flex during recoil?