Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you getting your wife for Christmas?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She got an M&P 9mm for her birthday and giving two guns in a row seems so, well, boring.

Probably a pair of Dillon electronic hearing protectors, a gift card to her favorite clothing store (Chico's), and who knows what else.

She hinted she wants new tires for the car but that isn't a gift...that is an expense. I'm smarter than to fall in to THAT trap.

Last year the $100 gift card to Chico's turned in to $270. I think this year she'll get a $50 card. She'll probably turn that one into $400 but what the heck.

I suggested that we put a spending limit on our gifts to each other this year and was told "no way". Not sure if that means I have something nifty coming or if I am expected to do something... :wacko:

This may not work for everybody, but for someone 'practical', here's what I'd want:

I want h-e-l-p -- ANYTHING that lessens the workload at home after a 12-hour work day -- housekeeping help, GOOD take-out for dinner, find/pay some teenager to run weekend errands, mow the field occasionally (projects that need to be done, but don't necessarily need me to do them), or do kennel chores so I can enjoy some R&R time with the other half knowing that there isn't a huge pile of work still waiting for me when I get back home.

Free time, even unstructured/unscheduled (translate: not necessarily accompanied by a gift card for something) is absolute bliss.

I'm getting my bride a new vacuum!

I figure it'll make her life a lot easier around the house!! :cheers:

This is NOT a good choice for a Christmas gift!

If you want to make her life easier then you should vacuum the house. <_<

I have had great luck with a company called "Red Envelope" . They are on the web but also send out a catalog. When it shows up, for her it is like the Blue Press for me. It is mostly jewelry but the kind you can wear everyday.

a series of little gifts that are sweet and show that you remember things are nice.

I did something like this for Valentine's day last year - hid them all around the house, and sent her on a treasure hunt. She really enjoyed it ;) Things don't have to be big or expensive to show you care about her, and that she's on your mind... although diamonds, lingerie, perfume, and the like never hurt... ;)

gnew macbook pro...

Actually, that's kind of what I'm thinking about for mine... ;)

I'm getting my bride a new vacuum!

I figure it'll make her life a lot easier around the house!! :cheers:

Hey, dude.... You're going to have it easy, now... You can officially stop working out, and start chowing down on all your favorite nasty crap.

Cause you're not going to live past Christmas... :lol:

As men in a relationship you all should know that three things that you can't go wrong with are diamonds, great lingerie and an ounce of her fav perfume....that should score you some major points..

Hugh Hefner says to never give lingere to women as b-day or Xmas gifts.

I made a decision. I am going to get her a new motorcycle jacket. She is often cold on our rides, so I think that a 3/4 length jacket is the way to go. Not an IPR present, but I think she will like it. All I have to do now is find out what size she wears and actually find a jacket. You guys are full of great suggestions. Thanks.

As men in a relationship you all should know that three things that you can't go wrong with are diamonds, great lingerie and an ounce of her fav perfume....that should score you some major points..

Who you going to believe, Hef or Tightloop...come on now..

Hef has many "wives" 1/4 of his age. :surprise:

I'm going with Hef.

Hef has many "wives" 1/4 of his age. :surprise:

I'm going with Hef.

Ahhh Now, if you are going to start quoting stats...remember, they are like the Bible and you can interpret them any number of ways..I bet you my one marriage lasted longer than any and all of Hef's...Trust me, Tightloop knows this sh*t...

OK, after being married for 24 years, she probably has what she needs in regards to material things, so.....

Get a BIG stack of post-it notes and:

write I LOVE YOU on about 500 of them

hide them in her pockets of her jeans, sweaters, in her shoes, in the glove box of her car, in all of her purses, in her datebook in several places....

well, you get the idea, she will be finding them for months, and every time she will smile and remember how much you love each other!!!!

OK, how was that????

NEVER thought you would hear that from me did you????? :devil:

OK, after being married for 24 years, she probably has what she needs in regards to material things, so.....

hide them in her pockets of her jeans, sweaters, in her shoes, in the glove box of her car, in all of her purses, in her datebook in several places....

well, you get the idea, she will be finding them for months, and every time she will smile and remember how much you love each other!!!!

OK, how was that????

It does make one wonder if you are a Troll posting under Zhunters login.... :lol:

OK, how was that????

Wow, I thought I was doing good with a pair of Uggs, a kitchen aid hand mixer, and some jewelry.... :P Glad my wife doesn't read the forum...... :D

OK, how was that????

It does make one wonder if you are a Troll posting under Zhunters login.... :lol:

NO troll here, to verify, I had 3 rules, but dropped one :devil:

OK, how was that????

NO troll here, to verify, I had 3 rules, but dropped one :devil:

Which one? Which rule was dropped? Age, Enhancement or Other.........

OK, how was that????

don't forget to sign the notes, you don't want here to get confused.

lynn