Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need to have a gun refinished and hardchromed?

PistolPete

Here is the deal, I have an SV Limited gun that I haven't used in quite some time. For whatever reason there is a small amount of surface rust on the gun as well as a bunch of scratches from being used over the years. I want to get this gun refinished and have all the scratches removed as well as have the gun hardchromed. Can anyone recommend someone I can send this out to get this taken care of?

Thanks,

Pete

I just had a Para refinished by Tripp. His turn around was just over a week less shipping time, the work was absolutely fantastic and their customer service is tops.

Needless to say, I'm quite disappointed! J/K.

Tripp is outstanding.

Edited by Sethmark

OK I get the drift. Hardchrome, go Tripp. But.....

What if I wanted to get a gun reblued? I've got one in the safe passed down from my mother that I'd like to get cleaned up and reblued. Any suggestions?

I've seen local well established gunsmiths do extremely nice hot blue refinishing.

What's funny about this post is I contacted Brazos as I have a few of his guns thinking he might do it for me and he said to, get this, send it to Tripp.... HAHA what a riot. I have an email into him and will obviously be sending this out to him asap.

Thanks everyone,

Pete

What's funny about this post is I contacted Brazos as I have a few of his guns thinking he might do it for me and he said to, get this, send it to Tripp.... HAHA what a riot. I have an email into him and will obviously be sending this out to him asap.

Thanks everyone,

Pete

I got the same responce from Brazos. Virgil will get to do my open blaster too.

Thanks everyone,

Pete

I got the same responce from Brazos. Virgil will get to do my open blaster too.

You can basically count the number of big name shops that specialize in hard chrome on one hand. Most all custom smiths contract this out (unless they happen to be one of those shops), so hats off to those who help you avoid the unnecessary cost of a middleman.

XYZ Company, for instance, offers hard chrome as one of their refinishing options. You ship your gun to them. They ship it to someone else. Unless you have performance issues or a surface blemish that the only XYZ can deal with to your satisfaction, go right to the source.