Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Big "C"

Bwana Six-Gun

I work in a retail Wine store. About four years ago we had a young man come in looking for a part time job while he went to college. He was clean cut and appeared to be the kind of person we were looking for, so we hired him. In less than a month he knew where everything was and what it was like. He worked his ass off and made a real contribution. Fast Forward to last year. He graduates with a business administration degree and goes to work for an electrical suply company and then gets an offer to work in the wine business again. He takes it, big jump in salary and now he can afford to get married to a lovely, caring young woman that he ahas known for years. One month into his marraige, he starts feeling uncomfortable and his wife insists he see the doctor. BOOM! He has testicular cancer and loses one of the jewels, and then finds out that it has spread to his lymph nodes and lungs. He now undergoes chemo and radiation treatment a couple of times a month and goes in for chemo next week 9-5 Mon-Fri to have them pump those chemicals into him for 9 hours everyday for for five days straight. That just sucks. I'm 57 yrs old and have smoked for 40 yrs and drank like afish for the last thirty. I have high blood pressure and nothing else. Why is it that the good get stuck with this crap! He doesn't desreve this. He should have a full life ahead of him with lots of kids and grand-kids. LIFE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Sorry to hear about your bro. You know its like how those guys who are a piece of crap all thier life and seem to catch all the brakes and live forever and then the good people who try to do the right thing get delt a piss poor hand. For all the good people out there your riches await you in heaven and will last an eternity. And the bad dudes, well its short lived.I do agree with you though, I hate hearing about people having to go through the cancer thing. I just doesn't seem fair.

I definitely feel your pain. I took care of a Chinese student who was all of 24 when he came to America. Kid grew up in one of those ugly pi$$ poor areas in northern China but worked his butt off and got approved to come to the US to study engineering. Develops pancreatic cancer while attending school in Florida, runs out of money trying to get treatment and comes to St. Louis to see an herbal healer who unfortunately does him no good.

We took him into our home and cared for him for the last three months of his life. In his last week he told me that he had never even kissed a girl. He died in a foreign land of a horrible disease having never experienced any of the joys of life. He became my brother and those were the last words he kept repeating to me the night before he died.

Cancer sucks beyond words and the loss of anyone in the prime of their life is tragic beyond comprehension even now, almost six years to the day that he passed.

You, your friend and his family all have my deepest sympathies.

prayers for your friend..

My cousin is in his last few weeks with cancer..he and I are close in our loves of photography, custom gun, knives and great food.

he served his country in Vietnam and times like this I feel lost.. :(

Life is a risk..and everyday needs to be cherished..tell your loved ones you love them..and make a new friend everyday.

My brother was diagnosed with testicular cancer when he was 39. He had been living in Ecuador and started complaining about pain in his groin and abdomen. The Docs there told him he had "colitis" and treated him for that for several months. Well, I meet him at the SHOT Show in Vegas and he is obvioulsy in pain. So, I convince him to come home (here) and see our Doc. Thats when they discover the cancer. Lymph nodes, lungs, and brain (the cause for the "migraines" he was having). He underwent surgery and several sessions of chemo. Some how Lance Armstrong found out about him and started communicating with him - which really helped him moral-wise. Apparently, if there is a cancer to get, this is the one because of the high cure rate. Anyway, he is 45 now and cancer free.

Edited by Jack Suber

• 1 month later...

Yeah it sucks but the cure rate on testicular cancer is VERY high. Though I'm not a big fan of having that 5%-10% hanging over my head. It was semi mentioned in a couple of posts I made about the great care I got from the nurses while in the hospital. I too was diagnosed with testicular cancer 11/26/07 and am going through the same kinda of thing as your friend.

I am glad to hear he is doing well. It seems that everyone I have told knows at least 1 other person that has had it and doing well.

This is a great web site with a TON of support information.

http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/index.php