Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 2 / Rio Salado Desert Classic

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Nice to finally meet folks I've only know by BENOS monikers to date! Hope we didn't traumatize Holy Terror...too much... ("window-licking, short-bus special" as we were) :lol:

:surprise::goof::wacko::lol:;)

Here's hoping we'll all run into one another again at next year's match!

:cheers:

barry B)

Hey thanks for letting people know. I set the computer on upload on the videos before Brian and I went to lunch and just made it back.

Videos of Taran Butler, Mike Voigt, Mark Hanish, Tasha Hanish, Yong Lee, Scott Springer, Maggie Reese and myself are uploaded.

At:

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/pages/2007_area2.html

I also started converting videos from Area 3, US Open Nationals, US Limited Nationals, Mile-Hi Showdown, Texas State Limited and the European Championships is next and will appear soon... so keep checking back next couple of days for more match pictures and videos.

<_< OK I have some video up at Google Video But with my handicap and all I cant tell you what the address is.

maybe some -one with Talent and education can put a link in when they find it.

This is some of the guys on Squad 15 start with a search in Google Video for Jamie area 2 stage 1 That should give you a page that has the fast guys on it. Boy do I look Slow --S--L--0 000WWW- It was early and the sun was in my eyes and I am a SR. But I have room to improve.

The General and Mr Glock Phan are on several most are still loading slow ....like my shooting.

Jamie

Edited by AlamoShooter

Yeah...it's almost like a trademark or something...

Ohio State hat...and beer and wings. :)

It looks like I could have used some sun-block.

Christian, great meeting you! Congratulations on your placement at the match. (Christian came over from Germany and took second in Open.)

Stupid question here. I have never been to a major match. What do you guys mean by a "memory stage"?

I watched the videos on Henning's site, and I am guessing that it just means remembering which targets you have already engaged once you advance downrange to the different shooting positions. But some people mentioned only having 5 minutes?

Stupid question here. I have never been to a major match. What do you guys mean by a "memory stage"?

I watched the videos on Henning's site, and I am guessing that it just means remembering which targets you have already engaged once you advance downrange to the different shooting positions. But some people mentioned only having 5 minutes?

Yeah, a memory stage (at least the way I look at it) is one where you can see the same targets from more than one port and you have to remember where you will engage them so as to not waste time shooting them again. I also include stages that have targets that are hidden to the point that you can easily forget they are there unless you've really had a chance to memorize each firing position. The 5 minute issue is that after the RO reads the stage description you have 5 minutes for a walkthrough. With a bunch of shooters you wind up waiting on the other people when you're trying to walk through that stage.

For the most part stages are easy and doesn't require a whole lot of memorization. At Area 2, stage 1 and 8 definitely required some time to figure out which targets you'd already shot. On stage 1 you could see some targets from 3 different shooting positions (windows). Since you want to plan your loads and preferably shoot the targets from the closest distance or in a group that requires less peripheral movement they become a memory challenge. Of course if you want to make absolutely sure you could always re-engage the targets by shooting everything you see from every window. Not that I would recommend that because it is slower, it is still better than skipping a target (-40 points). I definitely need more than 5 minutes when I'm up against a memory stage and prefer to show up 30 min early or the day before to get a grip on it. Once you fully understand what you need to do it's easy and in your walk through you plan every body movement to be as exact as possible to those specific targets. Lets say from window 2 you are shooting target #6, #5, #3 and #1. Since you got to skip #4 and #2 they become part of your memorization and you visualize and plan your body twist to see them, but move directly onto the correct target. If you have a "loose" plan it's easy to stop on the wrong target, then realize it and now you have to correct. So, strong visualization is key for memory stages.

If you have a "loose" plan it's easy to stop on the wrong target, then realize it and now you have to correct. So, strong visualization is key for memory stages.

I vouch for that! I didn't have a solid plan on several stages and looking for targets or changing your plan halfway through the stage is a good way to add lots of time to your score.

<_< The thing on Stage 1 with the first window cost me some time. My first pick was to shoot all five targets and three from the next. :unsure: But I had to go and over complicate it and decide to shoot 4 & 4 " To let my Trigger finger rest"

Boy what an Idea that was. The video shows that I engaged the target by -Aiming!- at it but did not pull the trigger.

I shot 4 & 4 just like my final plan but eat up the time too. I think if I cut some off my legs I could move on that stuff faster.

:closedeyes: After seeing all the video Its clear my match placement was All out of Points , and not Speed.

linky no worky....

I'm glad I am not the -only -one -with all the "link posting" problems That link will get you part way to the videos = www.videos.google.com in the search area put in "AlamoShooter" and that will get to the match page .

I have every stage posted with Open and Limited shooters <_< the Quality is poor in the transfer though

What other Web host makes it look better ? ?Tube?

Edited by AlamoShooter

Jaime,

You went back in time in stage #7 :o . Look at the clock on that stage as you fire the final few arounds before putting the babby down.

:goof: Is it too late for a reshoot? :goof:

That was funny = its stage #6

I will bring the laptop and or the camera to the next match so that you can /we can make a disk

The video posted is very fuzzy I tryed putting a few up on YouTube that are better.

JF

Edited by AlamoShooter