Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Area 8 Championship

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to let everyone know that the match is starting to fill up. Right now there are less than 20 slots left on Saturday and not a whole lot more on Sunday. Plenty of room on Friday and if none of those dates work for you, we can accomodate a limited number of people who would like to shoot with the staff on Thursday.

The stages and other match information are on both the Area 8 webpage: http://www.uspsa8.org/Area8Championship.htm and the East Huntingdon webpage: http://www.geocities.com/EHPSA/

The stages should offer something for everyone. There is a good mix of longer and tougher shots as well as a couple of really fast stages. We're looking forward to the match and working hard to make sure you have a great time.

Get those apps in soon!

Ron Rodgers

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the Custom Limited Gun that is being raffled off to benefit the USPSA Junior Program:

Junior Program Gun Raffle

Tickets are $5 each and are available to everyone.

Thanks go to the following for their generosity:

Caspian Arms LTD for donating the frame kit, slide and magazines.

Bar-Sto Precision Machine for donating the 40 S&W Bull Barrel.

Mark Waldo, for donating the blue job.

EGW for donating the Magwell and any other small parts needed to finish the gun.

And especially Kevin Greeley for donating his time to build the gun.

The TechWear USA '08 Area 8 Championship is just two months away. We currently have 255 registered competitors. I know Match Director Ron Rodgers has put together a great staff and East Huntingdon Practical Shooters have designed some excellent stages. (At least the clown has not been resurected. lol ).

I would also like to mention the sponsors that have committed support to the TechWear USA '08 Area Championship.

TechWear USA as the Event Sponsor, EGW as the prestegious Perennial Sponsor. Division Sponsors; Springfield Armory (2), Glock, STI. Stage Sponsors; CorBon, Safariland, SVI Infinity, Starline Brass, Bar-Sto Precision Machine. Target Barn (Also Target Suppier). Match Donors; Lee Precision, Para USA, Roze Distribution, C-More, Unique Tek. CED Chronograph Sponsor.

We are working on adding additional Sponsors.

I would also mention those that contributed to USPSA Jr Program raffle gun. Caspian Arms, Bar-Sto Precision Machine, EGW, Kevin greeley for building the gun, Mark Waldo for the Bluing of the gun.

Alan Meek

USPSA

Director Area 8

Thanks Alan, I was looking at the EH website. I got another one for you, how about GPS coordinance to the club house?

According to Google Earth it looks like clubhouse is located at:

40 08 24.62 N 79 35 54.92 W

As Turtle said, we have 255 registered already. Saturday is full and there are only 6 Sunday slots remaining. I think Friday will start to fill faster once the Sunday slots are gone, so don't wait too long to get your app in!

We're looking forward to the match and working hard to make sure you will have a good time at East Huntingdon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got pics of that clown that they had. The shakey bridge fits in the back of my truck (our REAL shakey bridge, not that solid platform that Ron has at EH). And, that cart rides in there too. (Hmmm...I have a 5hp motor that might mount up).

Once those stages get approved...anything can happen to them. <evil laugh>

I've got pics of that clown that they had. The shakey bridge fits in the back of my truck (our REAL shakey bridge, not that solid platform that Ron has at EH). And, that cart rides in there too. (Hmmm...I have a 5hp motor that might mount up).

Once those stages get approved...anything can happen to them. <evil laugh>

Only 5 hp? Gettin soft are you? :roflol:

An email went out early this week passing along some match information to those already registered.

There is an error :ph34r:

Registration opens at 7:30 AM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday - not at 10 AM. So don't worry about coming out a day earlier to check in.

Sorry about the goof. A correction will be sent out shortly.

Ron Rodgers