Our new Great Dane puppy

chp5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL! Get a BIG SUPER DOOPER POOPER SCOOPER!!!!!!

Dog bombs the size of a frisbee......

I did a claim on a house once with a beautiful Great Dane named....Merlin. Same as my name with the same spelling. I told the owner "sometimes I feel as if I am treated like a dog myself." The owner replied...So you life a life of pampered luxury huh...

He went on to show me "Merlin's bedroom" - about 16 x 24 with an attached bath. ( A 2 million dollar home) The dog had his own queen sized bed - the toilet had no lid so the dog always had a supply of fresh water to drink... Tons of toys and chew things...

I should have it so good. I assume you will give your pup his own room when he reaches his "teens?" :D

They are great dogs. We had a 128 lb. bridle female for seven years. We lost her to bloat surgery last month.

The one thing I wish we did was socialize her more. She really liked things that squeaked (Toys, kids, cats etc.) and would try to remove the squeaker. :surprise:

You will be shocked the first time your mower hits a dog bomb. (zinnnngggg)

I laughed for an hour.

They really are the Greatest of dogs, IMHO...the only thing Greater than A Dane...is MORE of them! :lol:

Congrats - looks like a beautiful mantle merle there! :wub:

Oh, and practice your standard responses to these ubiquitous questions...

• Q - "So, how much does he eat?!" A - "Why, are you missing a child?"
    Q - "So, ya' got a saddle for that thing?!" A - "Why, no, I taught him to carry me in his mouth..."
    Q - "Does he like little dogs?" A - "Why, yes, he thinks they're squeaky toys..."

(Here's our two mantles!)

TonguesAWaggin.jpg

They really are the Greatest of dogs, IMHO...the only thing Greater than A Dane...is MORE of them! :lol:

Congrats - looks like a beautiful mantle merle there! :wub:

Oh, and practice your standard responses to these ubiquitous questions...

• Q - "So, how much does he eat?!" A - "Why, are you missing a child?"
    Q - "So, ya' got a saddle for that thing?!" A - "Why, no, I taught him to carry me in his mouth..."
    Q - "Does he like little dogs?" A - "Why, yes, he thinks they're squeaky toys..."

(Here's our two mantles!)

TonguesAWaggin.jpg

Great looking Danes. Give us details on them (age, gender, weight, etc). Thanks.

my favorite dumb question is "does he bite"......like if he did would I take him out in public and let him be around people.

The answer is, he bites one person a day, and he hasn't bitten anyone today. :rolleyes:

Someone once said, God gave men dogs so that one day we'd have to cry!!

Trapr

my favorite dumb question is "does he bite"......like if he did would I take him out in public and let him be around people.

YOU may not be that stupid, but there are plenty who are.

Great danes are awesome doggies though.

Cute new "kid", Cy :D

Thanks Dave. We also have a Welsh Corgie. She's not quite sure what to think of him.

img2592sv2.th.jpg

I'll have Samson fixed when the time comes. The female Corgi would really hate him if we didn't have him fixed :blink:

She's not quite sure what to think of him.

If she's not sure now, wait six months!!! :o

The female Corgi would really hate him if we didn't have him fixed :blink:

Square peg, meet round hole... ;)

The female Corgi would really hate him if we didn't have him fixed :blink:

Square peg, meet round hole... ;)

Yeah - I don't want to loose the Corgi!

The last thing I need is a 150 + pounds of horny dog running around. You could lose friends quickly like that!

• 5 weeks later...

Well, we've had Sampson for 4 weeks now.

In those 4 weeks, he went from 12 pounds to 30 - which is 4.5 pounds a week. You can almost see him grow daily. He's tons of fun and housebreaking is going very well.

img2614ae9.jpg

img2612jy9.jpg

Edited by chp5

The answer is, he bites one person a day, and he hasn't bitten anyone today. :rolleyes:

Someone once said, God gave men dogs so that one day we'd have to cry!!

Trapr

Here's a couple of my favorite dog quotes

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ~Roger Caras

If dogs don't go to heaven when they die, then I want to go where they went ~ author unknown