Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate hippies...

prkprisoner

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's labrador? :lol: I think anything that helps reduce our dependency on foreign oils like cellulose based ethanol is only the gateway to harder fuels like hemp :o I drive a Toyota SUV that gets around 14mpg. Yes a friggin FJ-Cruiser gets $#itty gas mileage! Yet the real hippy-mobiles are the VW TDI, 60mpg, turbo deisel and its one of the biggest pollutants on the road today. Hippies today are just poor people who like mind altering chems, a free ride and of course free love. the hippies of yesteryear are now Yuppies running multi billion dollar technology co's like Apple's Steve Jobs. I hate to say it, but the polar ice caps are melting, global warming is a reality, and if you want to live long enough to not have your face eaten off from the holes in the ozone layer, We all might consider living a little Hippier than we want too. Besides the Free Love part sounds fun, if you have a razor and some soap. :P Bonghits 4 Jesus! :yawn:

Hippies today are just poor people who like mind altering chems, a free ride and of course free love. the hippies of yesteryear

The hippies before they were called hippies were beatniks..... and the adults who were offended by them basically classified a beatnik as a "bum with sunglasses".

Every generation had it's non conformists.... at least the hippies had some fun while they were at it.

My "favorite" one lately is all the damn green organizations telling us that we shouldn't be using plastic bags at stores anymore <_< WTF?? Weren't they the ones that insisted we should be using plastic bags (made from wonderful recycled materials!!!!!) instead of paper, since we were killing off the rain forests to take our groceries home? Oh, hold it, now the landfills are filling up with those same (non-bio-degradable, mind you) plastic bags, so we should go back to killing forests??? <_<

I just got my lunch at a grocery store, and the person in line in front of me used some canvas bags. Trouble is, she bought about 10 frozen dinners, which are all packed in cardboard and plastic. Whatever she saved in paper or plastic from the bags she more than wasted in the packaged meals!

Drifting slightly back to the topic...

Funny thing is it was the hippies that really started the homebrew movement.

I think that was the home GROWN movement :surprise:

This thread makes me thing Of Cheech and Chong :lol:

Jim

I like seeing the fat hippies in the tiny little hybird cars with a "smog" saver sticker on the bumper....seems to me that a fat hippie riding around in a small hybird would produce his own "smog" S:smell M:my O:own G:gas......... :mellow:

Gee I thought if you stuck stuff in a bag they arrested you for shoplifting, I get paper bags they stand up in the truck,.

The latest twist on bags now is "Knot it" they have some catchy rhyme but supposedly tieing a knot in your plastic bags is the new way to save the planet. Is this nation wide or only a Hawaii thing ?