Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HSMITH mags and Shooters Connection

ogiebb

ordered some of Howard's mags a few weeks ago and all i can say is WOW!!! they are all nice and polished numbered,drilled for witness holes and everything!!!..it fits a loose 20 rounds and if i wanted i can probably squeeze 1 more round, but dont want it to be too tight to cause reliability issues. its just so nice not worrying about mags anymore and just shoot and pay attention to the match..Chuck's and Mike's customers service is also top notch asked a few questions about springs and some stuff , No Bad attitude just pure info about the stuff im buying....thanks guys :cheers::cheers::cheers:

ordered some of Howard's mags a few weeks ago and all i can say is WOW!!! they are all nice and polished numbered,drilled for witness holes and everything!!!..it fits a loose 20 rounds and if i wanted i can probably squeeze 1 more round, but dont want it to be too tight to cause reliability issues. its just so nice not worrying about mags anymore and just shoot and pay attention to the match..Chuck's and Mike's customers service is also top notch asked a few questions about springs and some stuff , No Bad attitude just pure info about the stuff im buying....thanks guys :cheers::cheers::cheers:

How do you order and what is the site address

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the compliments!! Gonna have to go look for a bigger hat if this keeps up....

Chuck is the man!!! And a model of how to conduct business in a community as small as this one is. If he has it or if he can get it, I buy it from him, period, and it has been that way for a couple years before we ever talked about selling anything of mine.

We are using the Dawson +1+ pads on all the 40 mags and the regular +1 on the 9mm and super mags. Dawson told me the +1+ wont work on 170 mags and the extra room isnt an issue in open anyway. We do them all with silver pads for stock but you can get the colored pads in the sets if you dont mind waiting. Well it seems they are selling faster than Howard can make them so there is a list that is filled first in, first out. Its worth the wait though.

We are using the Dawson +1+ pads on all the 40 mags and the regular +1 on the 9mm and super mags. Dawson told me the +1+ wont work on 170 mags and the extra room isnt an issue in open anyway. We do them all with silver pads for stock but you can get the colored pads in the sets if you dont mind waiting. Well it seems they are selling faster than Howard can make them so there is a list that is filled first in, first out. Its worth the wait though.

I have two of the SNL pads on 170s 9mm with spacers STI and they work perfect and load 29+1. Both make the jig too.

Edited by JThompson

I have two of the SNL pads on 170s 9mm with spacers STI and they work perfect and load 29+1. Both make the jig too.

I am sure there will be some instances where they will work. I am just going by what Dave Dawson told me himself. We just cant guarantee they will fit the gauge like the 140's so we use the regular +1 on open mags. Just makes more sense. But if somebody wants to use the +1+ and doesnt want a gauge guarantee we will do it.

Do you get 29 reloadable for a 170 in 9mm?

Jim, there are VERY few STI 170's that will fit the gauge with the SNL. Current production 170's won't fit, they are for the most part spot on with a Dawson +1 or Grams 2.5mm.

Keller, the re-shaping of the mag to eliminate the spacers makes a 29 round guarantee difficult. I will guarantee 28.

Bob, followers are stock, customer can choose slide lock function or not.

AWLAZS, that question is better posed to Chuck, give him a call tomorrow if he doesn't see this.

Thanks again all!

• 3 weeks later...

HSmith has been so helpful since I joined here, that instead of buying my tuned mags from dawson or Brazos for my new used

Brazos Open gun, I will be ordering Hsmiths .38/9 mags to go with it as soon as my pocket heals from the initial sticker shock of the the new open blaster.