2008 S&W IDPA Indoor National Championships

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone!

I sent out email confirmations this week. If you did not get one, that does not necessarily mean that you didn't get in to the match. Check your junk mail folder first or send me an email. I have received several emails from individuals who did not receive confirmation when their email was sent out.

We hope to send confirmation letters out in the mail next week.

Thanks and best wishes to everyone for a most wonderful holiday!!!

Julie

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!!!

The S&W IDPA Indoor Nationals Clothing Order Form is now up on the S&W Website (www.matches.smith-wesson.com). You can also access it by this direct link. http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWes..._order_form.pdf As a competitor in the event you will receive a long-sleeve match t-shirt. We will have very limited clothing for sale at the event so please place your order by no later than January 23, 2008. You will be able to pick up your order at registration. All updates to the website are listed by date and in red text. We ask that you check the site often for any important information.

We are also proud to announce another exciting event held immediately after the Indoor Nationals on Sunday, February 24, 2008. Smith & Wesson, SureFire and Crimson Trace are proud to present the first Light & Laser Invitational. 9 of the best shooters in the world will be competing for $5000 in this made for TV match filmed by the talented Jim Scoutten and Shooting USA. All the courses will be low or no-light conditions and mounted lights and lasers are specifically allowed. Click on the Light & Laser logo at www.matches.smith-wesson.com to learn more about the event. The overall winner of the IDPA Indoor Nationals will also be awarded a wild card slot to compete in the Light & Laser Invitational. View the topic posted by Phil Strader, one of 9 champions invited: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58797

If you have any questions about either event, please don’t hesitate to contact me. We look forward to seeing you in February!

All the best,

Julie

jgoloski@smith-wesson.com

We have made updates to the Indoor Nationals page at www.matches.smith-wesson.com with a newly posted waiver and liabililty release form and additional match information. Speed up the registration process at the match by printing this out and bringing it with you.

Also, if you would like commemorative Indoor Nationals clothing, don't forget to have your order in by January 23rd!

We do have a limited number of slots available due to cancellations on Thursday and Friday morning. If you are interested in competing or know of someone who is, please have them send in an application.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me. We look forward to seeing you in February!

All the best,

Julie

• 1 month later...

Did we miss something? Is this still the "indoor" nationals as opposed to the "outdoor" nationals? Or is this match this year's IDPA Nationals. There's a full slate of regionals scheduled, but no Nationals yet. Normally, the IDPA Nats is one of the first matches scheduled... isn't it?

Sorry for the slight thread drift. Just seems odd.

Did we miss something? Is this still the "indoor" nationals as opposed to the "outdoor" nationals? Or is this match this year's IDPA Nationals. There's a full slate of regionals scheduled, but no Nationals yet. Normally, the IDPA Nats is one of the first matches scheduled... isn't it?

The IDPA Nationals is NOT official until the contract between IDPA and Guthsville is signed. Should be done soon.

Match was excellent and challenging. Congrats to Bob Vogel for HOA with a 134.55, SSP MA division champ.

I ended up 7th SSP MA.

The DC winners:

CDP: David Olhasso, 159.96 (32)

ESP: Rob Leatham, 146.96 (37)

SSP: Bob Vogel, 134.55 (25)

ESR: Jerry Miculek, 184.99 (56)

SSR: Craig Buckland, 209.77 (34)

My favorite, stage 5 named The Wrong Floor, was the "Elevator" stage.

You're standing in an Elevator, on the signal you hit the door open button with your strong hand.

The door slides open just like an elevator to reveal 3 charging targets you need to engage before they reach you and disappear. You then engage other threats on the floor avoiding no shoots.

Complex mechanical stage that worked flawless.

Awesome... :cheers:

Match was excellent and challenging. Congrats to Bob Vogel for HOA with a 134.55, SSP MA division champ.

I ended up 7th SSP MA.

The DC winners:

Big congrats Bob! I had a feeling that he'd win big after chatting with him last week. :cheers:

Anyone know where ALL THE SCORES are posted???

:surprise:

I ended up 7th SSP MA.

The DC winners:

Big congrats Bob! I had a feeling that he'd win big after chatting with him last week. :cheers:

Yeah, anyone know where the results are????

Anyone know where ALL THE SCORES are posted???

:surprise:

I ended up 7th SSP MA.

The DC winners:

A review of history, and some shirts I got from being there, the first few S&W IDPA Indoor matches were called, "S&W IDPA Winter Nationals". Then it was changed to "Winter Championship" to please the owner of IDPA. So, its not really the "first" Indoor National. No disrespect to Julie Goloski intended, she is a really just the best thing that has come to S&W and IDPA. Sorry for going off topic.

Checking on the S& W website does nothing. The IDPA website kicks back to match announcements.

We, that shot the match on Thursday and Friday, would appreciate knowing our scores and the final results.

Peter Goloski was the MD. Aren't posting the scores in a timely manner part of running a good match?

The IDPA Winter Nationals???? Usually, a national level match has results posted ASAP.

Is it me, or are we missing something here? :angry2:

Does anyone know where the results are posted?

Its the norm for this match. You would think the IDPA owner would have this up on his website by now, let alone S&W.

Checking on the S& W website does nothing. The IDPA website kicks back to match announcements.

We, that shot the match on Thursday and Friday, would appreciate knowing our scores and the final results.

Peter Goloski was the MD. Aren't posting the scores in a timely manner part of running a good match?

The IDPA Winter Nationals???? Usually, a national level match has results posted ASAP.

Is it me, or are we missing something here? :angry2:

Does anyone know where the results are posted?

This was a great match! Very challenging and exciting stages and very well run. The elevator was very impressive! I was surprised at just how low the low light was in a couple of the stages. I guess it made me focus more on my black on black sights!

We were told the results were to be posted on Julie's web site but I don't see them there yet. I hope she didn't have an emergency delivery! :blink:

PS- anyone know why they asked what kind of sights we were using at every stage? I never saw that before.

This was a great match! Very challenging and exciting stages and very well run. The elevator was very impressive! I was surprised at just how low the low light was in a couple of the stages. I guess it made me focus more on my black on black sights!

We were told the results were to be posted on Julie's web site but I don't see them there yet. I hope she didn't have an emergency delivery! :blink:

PS- anyone know why they asked what kind of sights we were using at every stage? I never saw that before.

They didn't want folks swapping out top ends (or complete guns) to get the best sights for each stage.

As 48% of the stages were low or no light stages, they wanted to make sure you were not swaping out iron sights and/top end for night sights when needed. Also prohibited was charging front sight with flashlight just before Shooter Ready.

Honestly, that sounds so ridiculous to me.

As 48% of the stages were low or no light stages, they wanted to make sure you were not swaping out iron sights and/top end for night sights when needed. Also prohibited was charging front sight with flashlight just before Shooter Ready.

We appreciate the offer...

It's very nice that others shooters are so willing to help out, but isn't the responsibility of the organization to produce a full and complete match; which means posting scores if not interim, then certainly final scores once they are official? :angry2:

I snagged the complete results from the awards banquet last night. I know how much it sucks to wait for your scores. If you really want to know where you finished before they are posted, let me know.