Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 S&W IDPA Indoor National Championships

Hi everyone,

IDPA has just given us the honor to host the first IDPA Indoor Nationals. You can expect the same great stages and format from last year's S&W IDPA Winter Championships but with the prestige of national championship status.

Dates: February 21-23, 2008

Website: www.matches.smith-wesson.com (no updates posted yet, but check back within the next couple of weeks)

If you have any specific questions please feel free to email me at jgoloski@smith-wesson.com but please check the website for information first. :D

All the best,

Julie

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

A problem I have is my brother is not classified yet and our club only holds IDPA classifiers in January.

He really wants to go with me to this match (and I'd like him to come and shoot!).

I'd like to send in his entry form along with mine as soon as possible to assure a spot, but we won't know his classification until January. (The match will probably be filled by January I'd assume.)

What can I do?

Would they allow his early registration (to hold a spot) and we would supply his classification to them once he gets it?

Or is he just out of luck...

The match is for all shooters, All IDPA matches are novice shooter friendly. I can't answer the question about your brother though. Maybe you can find another club that has a classifier? Or if you voulenteer to set one up they might run it as part of a monthly match???? usually if they have an extra bay a club has no problem with you doing 99% of the work :)

A problem I have is my brother is not classified yet and our club only holds IDPA classifiers in January.

He really wants to go with me to this match (and I'd like him to come and shoot!).

I'd like to send in his entry form along with mine as soon as possible to assure a spot, but we won't know his classification until January. (The match will probably be filled by January I'd assume.)

What can I do?

Would they allow his early registration (to hold a spot) and we would supply his classification to them once he gets it?

Or is he just out of luck...

Write to Julie. She will know.

The match is for all shooters, All IDPA matches are novice shooter friendly. I can't answer the question about your brother though. Maybe you can find another club that has a classifier? Or if you voulenteer to set one up they might run it as part of a monthly match???? usually if they have an extra bay a club has no problem with you doing 99% of the work :)

Per the IDPA rule book:

At the IDPA National

Championship, only those shooters classified as Marksman or

higher are eligible to attend.

Since this match has "nationals" status, I wonder if this rule will apply?

Hi everyone!

To answer some of your questions! I hope to have applications posted either this week or next week at www.matches.smith-wesson.com. I will post here when they are up and available.

Regarding the question about classification and belonging to IDPA. You must be classified and belong to IDPA in order to compete in the match. We also have a minimum classification of Marksman in the match. I hope that helps answer your questions.

Best wishes for a wonderful week!

Julie

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Julie!

You can count on Team Michigan and one exile currently living in Iowa to make an appearance!

It is nice to see that moving to Iowa did not impede your common sense, Chris. :rolleyes: It was good to see you at Nationals and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bill Burton

Hey everyone!!

Check out www.matches.smith-wesson.com and click on the Indoor Nationals Logo for applications and information.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Julie

Looking over the match information, it appears there are changes from past years but a little unclear.

1. Is there no Armory tour and gathering (food/drink) on Friday night?

2. Is there no dinner at the Sat. night awards ceremony?

3. Are the demonstrations by advance reservation only?

More information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Because this is now listed as an IDPA Indoor National Championship will you also have to have meet the criteria of shooting in two IDPA sanctioned matches to be able to get a slot?

Thanks

Good Point! I'm sure Julie can help here.

Looking over the match information, it appears there are changes from past years but a little unclear.

1. Is there no Armory tour and gathering (food/drink) on Friday night?

2. Is there no dinner at the Sat. night awards ceremony?

3. Are the demonstrations by advance reservation only?

More information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi everyone!

Answers:

1. The Behind the Scenes Armory Tour is not available this year. The Springfield Armory is remodeling. We have moved the New Product Shoot to Friday Night and have added a shooting demonstration by S&W Champion Jerry Miculek on Thursday night.

2. We are moving up the time for the Saturday evening Awards Ceremony to allow competitors who wish to drive home that evening the opportunity to get back sooner. We will be offering hor d’ovueres. Information regarding the banquet and special events will be included in the acceptance letter for those squadded in the event.

3. Demos and seminars will be on a first come first served basis at the event. We will not be scheduling competitors for these events this year.

Have a great week!

Julie

• 2 weeks later...