Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to shoot in Phoenix?

Well, just got the news that my lovely employer has decided to close the St. Louis office. Gotta love corporate America. :angry2::angry2:

As a result I have found a new job in Phoenix. I imagine there are plenty of places to shoot there but I frankly don't know any. Would appreciate any suggestions as well as any general info on the Phoenix area. Been there for work a couple times but not enough to get a real feel for the place.

Thanks!

Oh my, you're about to move to shooting heaven.

I shot at Ben Avery on a business trip there and loved it. Rio Salado is close as well, and I'm sure the locals will chip in, but you won't be lacking for venues to play at.

I lived in the Phoenix area for several years the best place I have ever shot at is Rio hands down. It is very well organized and you get to shoot next to some of the best shooters there is. Just being able to shoot in the presents of Rob L. is bound to make you better. Another excellent spot is the Phoenix Rod and Gun Club they have both IDPA and IPSC

Phoenix R&G clubFor indoor shooting there is shooters world in downtown Phoenix Shooters world at the time they had IDPA on Tuesday nights, I’m not big on IDPA but in the middle of summer it nice to shoot in the air-conditioning!

Well, just got the news that my lovely employer has decided to close the St. Louis office. Gotta love corporate America. :angry2::angry2:

As a result I have found a new job in Phoenix. I imagine there are plenty of places to shoot there but I frankly don't know any. Would appreciate any suggestions as well as any general info on the Phoenix area. Been there for work a couple times but not enough to get a real feel for the place.

Thanks!

Put a smile on it - it's a good place. :-)

Rio Salado Sportsmans Club -- riopractical.com is a good start.

East side of the valley.

They have the occasional shooting match - USPSA, ICORE, Steel, 3-Gun, High Power, Clays, etc., etc., etc.

Edited by Viggen

Send Jasmap a PM he live there somewhere. I think there are like 5 matches a month.

Jason

Closer to 10 or 11 pistol matches per month at Rio - if you include the monthly 22 pistol match.

If that's not enough there are more within 45 minutes driving time.

As Viggen said, check out www.riopractical.com.

Locally we have Rio Solado which has 4 USPSA matches each month, Tuesday Night Steel (every week), IDPA, a SS/PROD/REVO Match, a .22 match, Rob Leatham's Drillmaster's, Subgun matches, shotgun, highpower, etc.... Rob Leatham and Angus Hobdell and Nils Jonasson shoot here as well as several other great shooters.

There is also Phoenix Rod and Gun Club, Ben Avery, and a few other great local facilities. Pima Pistol is also available on the Northside area of Tucson.

You're coming to shooter's heaven.

Wow. Guess I will file away the draft of my flaming email to my soon to be ex-employer and bring them a box of donuts instead! I was just happy thinking the outdoor shooting season would be way better than here in MO.

Thanks for making a generally crappy weekend way, way better!

Wow. Guess I will file away the draft of my flaming email to my soon to be ex-employer and bring them a box of donuts instead! I was just happy thinking the outdoor shooting season would be way better than here in MO.

Thanks for making a generally crappy weekend way, way better!

Oh and I forgot that we shoot year round.

Rio has been hosting Area II for years and it also hosts the Western States Single Stack Classic, Spring Steel, etc...

• 3 months later...
I wonder if they have any coffee in Seattle?

:D:D:D

dude!

i am the match director of the tuesday night steel. 52 weeks a year rain or shine. send me an e-mail and i will dial you in on the wher's and the what's.

blunt10@gmail.com

Don't forget Scottsdale Gun Club for some indoor matches, and Scottsdale is also Dillon's base.

Rio Salado is where the Matt Burkett DVD's were filmed - at least for pistol, including IPSC Strategies.

Edited by NMCOpen

C'mon now, did your employer really close its doors or is that just

what you told the wife, And then the only job you could find was in

Arizona ????? Ya right !!!

SHHHhhhhhhhh........ :P

Yeah, it has been rough. I was shooting after Nils Jonasson last Tuesday. That guy looks like he is working a .40 chaingun. Try to excercise the visual patience needed for a barely C class shooter after that! :bow::bow:

C'mon now, did your employer really close its doors or is that just

what you told the wife, And then the only job you could find was in

Arizona ????? Ya right !!!

SHHHhhhhhhhh........ :P

Yeah, it has been rough. I was shooting after Nils Jonasson last Tuesday. That guy looks like he is working a .40 chaingun. Try to excercise the visual patience needed for a barely C class shooter after that! :bow::bow:

Welcome to AZ. I'm sure you're very happy with your new shooting situation. I know I love it here.

Hey..can somebody tell me about the Ben Avery? I have a buddy that lives within 10min. of that range.

Flex, it's a very well known and nice facility. It allows several disciplines and has a public range. If you're coming out here then it should be a good place to go but in my opinion Rio is still the place to go for USPSA. Also, just check Rocket's link...it tells alot.

Looking for a local range report. Anybody shoot there? How is it on a scale of suck...to great ?

When I was out for the A2 I thought I heard that they only shot into the back berm (at BA)? If so, does it still work out good? Anything else?

I'd like to get my buddy talked into shooting. Being so close to Ben Avery would be a plus.