Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Our cat Elezar

sargenv

Well, after several months of deteriorating progressively worse, my wife and I decided that it was time. I'm going to miss my little bundle of fur. I was introduced to him approx 11 years ago when I met my wife and we moved him down here in 1998 when my wife moved from BC to California to be with me. He was 16 years, 5 ish months old. He had a wonderful life. I've had a lot of good times with Elezar, some trials and tribulations, but that's what havng a pet is all about. I'm really going to miss our "Fat boy". He was a great kitty, never turned down a chance for a tummy rub or a head scratch. He was especially fond of my wife but would always come around as my wife and I sat down to watch tv. He'd jump up on the couch between us while we watched tv. He was about as great a cat as could be expected. I'm really going to miss him and my wife is beside herself that he's not here anymore. Goodbye Elezar. :(

post-1780-1191558018.jpg

Edited by sargenv

Thanks everyone. All I can say is yep, we have many pictures of him and my father in law's gf made us a needlepoint picture of him a few years ago that we'll always cherish. Thanks one and all for your kind words.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I had 2 loveable cats that were sisters, and I raised them from 6wks old! One (Scoopy) died 3 yrs ago at 17, and her sister (Bee) is still alive and well at 20+yrs!!! She too, was a fatty, but now she is skinny as a rail. She also jumps up to her space on the couch between my wife and I when we watch TV. I know the end is coming soon, but she seems to still be happy & healthy, bless her little kitty heart.

Thanks for sharing your story. Elezar is frolicking and happy somewhere in kitty heaven!

Larry

Siamese cats have been a part of my family for nearly 35 years. We bred two.... sold and gave away many...and loved them all.

We never had less that 2 in our home- - - - and bed -----at any one time.

For the uninformed-- they are much more like a dog than a cat.. Meeting you at the door.. retriviing toys just for fun-- etc.

Last year we had to put down the "queen mother" of the 3 generation process.... at age 14 due to lung cancer... leaving us with only her son... who became a real problem as soon as his mom was gone.

He yelled for weeks - - - - every night------- roaming the house looking for "her" (and only a person who knows Siamese cats---knows what their cry sounds like--- and can understand)... He had never been alone in his life !

Well a month ago he had to be be put down due to congestive heart failure... after 4 months of vet bills and pain....so now we are headed into a long cold Michigan winter with no "kitties" on board for the first time in nearly 4 decades......

I think he died from a broken heart.

Siamese cats really rock... and are unconventional as hell--which is why I like them. More like a person than a cat. They actually talk. But anyway, they ARE long-lived. We had one that lived to well over 20-something. Amazing. They seem to be a good longevity investment in a pet.