Phone:940-692-3846

All Divisions Recognized

$130.00 / 65.00 JR. before March 1

12 Stages - 310+ rounds

Limited to first 280 entries

Laser Engraved Crystal Throphies and Prize Table

Using USPSA Self Squading

Food on Range

Looking for RO Staff - very good RO Package!

Schedule: Shoot Friday all Stages with half Hour Stage Times or Shoot 8 stg Saturday and 4 stg Sunday.

No Entries accepeted before Jan 1 2008

Edited by scorch

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you would see some of the most accurate shooting to date.

If I'm missing the sarcasm, I apologize... :D The DoubleTap match is fast and furious... If you slow down to shoot all As all the time, you're gonna get voted off just as quick! :D

I bet you would see some of the most accurate shooting to date.

If I'm missing the sarcasm, I apologize... :D The DoubleTap match is fast and furious... If you slow down to shoot all As all the time, you're gonna get voted off just as quick! :D

Sorry XRe, Never been there. Didn't know it was all speedshoots.

Sorry XRe, Never been there. Didn't know it was all speedshoots.

Not all "speed shoots" per se (which is a term that implies a stand and shoot sort of short course). No, they're typically 25-32 round field courses, but the dimensions of the berms mean that all the shots are generally within 20 yards (typically 15 or closer), and are more in the "hose and go" type of format. Robert does a good job of keeping it mixed up with creative props and stage designs - even the couple of speed shoots that he throws in are interesting. But, its a high hit factor match (at least, it has been the past two years).

Contrast that with the FL Open, which is a relatively low HF match, and involves a lot of longer shots - the two are sort of good complements to each other, really ;)

Gonna see if I can make this one. The likelihood is small but want to shoot with Grandmaster XRe. ;)

Dude, its a solid match, if you're back in time... You won't regret going.

Edit to fix a stupid typo <_<

Edited by XRe

Dave,

I'm not concerned with the quality of the match. Mostly it's being able to get a flight back to NC Sunday afternoon/evening. I already figured that someone would be going to the prize table for me. I'll give it a serious look on plane flights though.

Rich

I'm not concerned with the quality of the match. Mostly it's being able to get a flight back to NC Sunday afternoon/evening. I already figured that someone would be going to the prize table for me. I'll give it a serious look on plane flights though.

Doesn't look like a flight back would be too much problem, and you have various options (at least, assuming Raleigh....)... ;) The prize table works easily for having someone go for you - if its like last year, it'll be a bucket raffle for everything but the match winners....

Our group out of MO has shot it the past two years and plan on it again for '08. Like XRE said, if you like hoser field courses with some props and gimmicks tossed in to make it interesting, DT is the match to be at. I would about go as far as say it's the most fun match to shoot anywhere.

Craig

• 1 month later...
That's what I'm thinkin'. Basically if the 4 stages on Sunday are done by noon or 1pm, I can drive the 2 hours to either OKC or Dallas Love and take Southwest back to Raleigh.

The wheels are turning.

Rich

Rich,

It is very easy to do just that. As a matter of fact depending on your Sunday flight time I have made the last two years awards and prize tables as well.

Barry,

Keep me posted if you decide you can swing it.