Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post Office lost a Prioity Mail letter!

midvalleyshooter

AARRrrgghh, well I have used Prioity Mail dozens of times and always the service worked great. But recently I bought a shotgun and sent the funds with a USPS money order by Priority Mail with delivery confirmation and it has not been delivered after 10 days. I filed a claim for lost mail and they are going to look for it. Also after 60 days if the MO is not cashed I can get it re-issued, so I should get my money back eventually. The seller is very patient and says he will hold the shotgun for me.

I am just PO'ed while my letter with the MO is under something somewhere or got caught and mangled in a sorting machine..... :angry2::angry2::angry2: .....!!!!

Keith

I had this happen to me with same dollar figure for a scope. The seller was absolutely livid and didn't believe that I'd sent the check until it actually showed up one day. I think it took three weeks or some crazy crap. Give it some more time. USPS *is* that screwed up.

I was waiting on a MO this week for a pistol I sold when I realized that I mistakenly gave the buyer my home zip code with my work address. Totally my fault, but the USPS came through and the MO found its way to me about 4 days later than it should have taken. The buyer was understanding so everything worked out fine.

I have an overnight (not priority, but Express Mail) letter with a match registration take exactly two weeks to make it to my PO Box. The competitor got the shoot time he sought and, since he was a federal agent, I suggested he talk to his fellow feds in the postal inspection service :).

I have an overnight (not priority, but Express Mail) letter with a match registration take exactly two weeks to make it to my PO Box. The competitor got the shoot time he sought and, since he was a federal agent, I suggested he talk to his fellow feds in the postal inspection service :).

Rob,

Trust me, they don't listen to us any more than they listen to anybody else :huh:

The Postal Service is slipping further and further into the toliet with each passing day. The most amazing thing is how deep that toliet is. I wish I would only be as accountable as the Post office is. That would be great and life would be much less complicated.

My issue with the USPS is not the occasional screw up, which happens, but the fact that no one is responsible. When you ask how a screw up happened, all you get is the deer in the headlights look and a " I don't know" answer. I have told this story before so forgive me. I bought a new car. Credit Union sends me a check. USPS sends the letter to a town a 100 miles away, and delivers it to an individual who was not listed on the envelope and did not live at the listed address. The "stranger" re-mailed it back to me and I received it about 10 days late. When asked how something like this could happen, the only answer is "I don't know".

I had a big issue with the previous postmaster over flat rate boxes. He insisted they could not have tape on them. Even when I provided him with copies of his own regulations, he didn't want to admit it. He finally decided to "allow" me to receive boxex with tape on them. Very big of him.

Gary

deleted reference from a rebuttal.

Fedex provides real-time on-line tracking; the postal service on tracking has a distinct lag and is therefore not as useful for immediate confirmation of delivery.

If Fedex goofs they Fedex a refund check to you the next morning, and don't make you fill out a form for the refund. I had a Fedex package mis-delivered. Fedex sent the driver back right after I called, redelivered the package, and Fedexed me the refund check without even asking. Care to guess if the post office would do that?

Fedex does not enjoy the equivalent of the postal express statutes that grants the USPS a monopoly on certain classes of mail.

Fedex allows drop-off in a package box with a credit card and no pre-existing account.

Fedex is not allowed to print their own license plates.

Fedex has to earn the right to exist. The postal service's right to exist is protected by law. Fedex can go bankrupt; the USPS can't.

I have, however, not yet encountered a rude employee at either Fedex or the USPS.

When $$ is not as important as getting it their quickly, I use Fedex. When convenience or price are more important, I use USPS.

===================================

My apologies, Rob, for deleting a small bit of text from your post. The remaining part still seems to make your point quite well.

A reminder of the Hate forum rules:

General or supportive-related comments are not prohibited; however - rebuttals are specifically prohibited.

If you cannot contribute supportively, please do not reply at all.

Edited by ima45dv8

I think it's funny when people beyotch about USPS in one breath and rave about getting bullets in stuffed-full flat-rate boxes in the next.. not that that's happening here..

Yes, I love getting tons of lead in one box for cheap. I hate having to do a dance to prove that its their rules that state that they have to deliver it.

I've had typically good luck with the USPS for most things. I hate when the to ladies deliver my LEAD with out a hitch but the one guy has to moan about it. SHould have seen the look on his face when I told him the 5 foot nothing, 100 and nothing blonde just delivered 4 full boxes with out a word! :cheers:

Well EricW was right. After almost 2 weeks my priority letter was delivered with the MO inside and my new shotgun is in the hands of Fed Ex on its way to my FFL. I did call the Consumers Affairs dept of the Postal Inspector to report the problem. Then in a few days as if by magic a slightly tattered envelope arrived. My MO's only go by Fed Ex in the future.

Keith

By the way my planned revenge involves lots of HEAVY bullets shipped in Bulk mail boxes......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Keith

I got my mailman the other day. 5 flat rate boxes contining about 12K bullets - I think they were like 60 lbs each and my house in on a hill with a sloped driveway!

Last summer, it was 5K of surplus .308. I know he hates me.

Last summer, it was 5K of surplus .308. I know he hates me.

What? A supplier actually shipped ammo by USPS?

The running joke when I go to the Post Office:

"Anything liquid, fragile, or potentially hazardous?"

"Nope, I shipped all my radioactive waste last week."

AARRrrgghh, well I have used Prioity Mail dozens of times and always the service worked great. But recently I bought a shotgun and sent the funds with a USPS money order by Priority Mail with delivery confirmation and it has not been delivered after 10 days. I filed a claim for lost mail and they are going to look for it. Also after 60 days if the MO is not cashed I can get it re-issued, so I should get my money back eventually. The seller is very patient and says he will hold the shotgun for me.

I am just PO'ed while my letter with the MO is under something somewhere or got caught and mangled in a sorting machine..... :angry2::angry2::angry2: .....!!!!

Keith

Keith

That stinks.

I know a lot of the Benosverse does not like Paypal for "political reasons", but it in my opinion, it is the fastest and safest method of payment, can't get lost either.

Jay T

I know a lot of the Benosverse does not like Paypal for "political reasons", but it in my opinion, it is the fastest and safest method of payment, can't get lost either.

Jay T

Paypal's terrific for buyers! For sellers on the other hand --- not so much.....