Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Kingdom

kschwan

Went Sat night to the Sneak peek of "The Kingdom". Great movie, lots of action. The opening scene is graphic with the explosions and the last 30 Min is action packed.

They have a strong cast but no one really dominates on the screen, with exception of Jamie Foxx but he really doesn't get that much more time. (Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper, Jennifer Gardner, Jeremy Piven, Jason Bateman)

Great story, not going to reveal to much at this time as I don't want to spoil anything.

Also the opening credits gave a timeline of Saudi Arabia, pretty cool and I know I did not know all the detail that they pointed out.

I recommend

Went Sat night to the Sneak peek of "The Kingdom". Great movie, lots of action. The opening scene is graphic with the explosions and the last 30 Min is action packed.

They have a strong cast but no one really dominates on the screen, with exception of Jamie Foxx but he really doesn't get that much more time. (Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper, Jennifer Gardner, Jeremy Piven, Jason Bateman)

Great story, not going to reveal to much at this time as I don't want to spoil anything.

Also the opening credits gave a timeline of Saudi Arabia, pretty cool and I know I did not know all the detail that they pointed out.

I recommend

So is this a must see? Sounds good. But I might wait for the DVD.

Thanks for the info

Some of The Kingdom action was filmed on the Red Mountain Freeway (202) here in Mesa, AZ. I had to detour on

some surface streets to get to our weekend matches. It was weird seeing exit signs out there in Arabic. On a sad note the

project was marred by the tragic deaths of two crew members. It was a tough time for them here. Hope their work is

well received.

Jim

I am pretty sure this is the film that used, in a addition to Red Mountain Freeway, a lot of sets built up at Williams AFB. I saw a street scene in the previews that looked just like the sets they had up at Williams.

-ld

You are correct.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this one tonight. Very graphic and realistic portrayal of brutal acts of terrorism. Not for the kids but definitely an excellent movie that stayed away from taking sides. Excellent unbiased view through the eyes of both saudi terrorists and FBI agents. This one leaves you with a lot to ponder.

First movie I've seen in a while where the audience was silent at the end - and not because the movie sucked so bad they were stunned into silence :lol: Good flick... Some typical Hollyweird gunfight stuff noted (like, car doors being bulletproof and all...), but overall pretty well done.

First movie I've seen in a while where the audience was silent at the end - and not because the movie sucked so bad they were stunned into silence :lol: Good flick... Some typical Hollyweird gunfight stuff noted (like, car doors being bulletproof and all...), but overall pretty well done.

Dave, I felt like this myself at the end. The character development was so good that I found myself stunned when one of the characters was killed.

Just came back from watching this one. WOW!! Really liked the story, settings, props and character presentation. However my wife (who gets motion sickness by sitting on a rocking chair!) left the theater ready to throw up. I don't know what is it with this fashion of movies as filmed through a handycam.

The timeline of Saudi Arabia and the relationship to the US at the begining was excellent.

However my wife (who gets motion sickness by sitting on a rocking chair!) left the theater ready to throw up. I don't know what is it with this fashion of movies as filmed through a handycam.

Well, I don't usually get motion sickness, but this was worst than Blair Witch project. We had to leave about an hour into the movie.

Oddly enough, I really don't care how the movie ended. We left right after the SWAT style entry and where Pivens was about to loose his lunch. Maybe I didn't make it long enough for the hook.

Really well done. The movie did not get out of control for a action film. Well worth the price to see it on the larger the at home screen.

One thing, is it me or is anyone else getting tired of see cars do an end over end during a car crush/explosion?

• 2 weeks later...
However my wife (who gets motion sickness by sitting on a rocking chair!) left the theater ready to throw up. I don't know what is it with this fashion of movies as filmed through a handycam.

Well, I don't usually get motion sickness, but this was worst than Blair Witch project. We had to leave about an hour into the movie.

I am glad to see that the wife and I weren't the only ones affected by this stupid camera shaking. There no reason for it, especially in the scene when they are in the airplane bound for Saudi.

Good movie, but it would had been a lot more enjoyable without the camera shaking.

Hi Guys... I've really been looking forward to seeing this movie! :D I haven't had the chance to get there yet and appreciate the reviews!! It only makes me want to see this movie more now!! But was the camera shaking really that bad? :unsure: Is it all through the movie or just a few scenes?

Thanks again! sg

I did not notice it all that much.However I like to sit on the top row so the effect is not as bad there.I love stadium seating.

Thanks for the info! :) I will sit towards the top now... knowing it won't be as bad. And I agree... love the stadium seating as well. ;)

I saw it today - loved it. You really couldn't tell it was a Michael Mann film, which is a great thing in my book.

The intensity of the movie is what really got me. The last 20 minutes of the film were just stunning and I have a new appreciation for Jennifer Garner as an actress (I had zero before.) The other thing is that none of the characters seemed to me to be over-the-top in terms of on-screen personalities. The film started off steady and ended solidly.

It is fun to think about how things might be different today if we had the mindset expressed by Jamie's character at the end of the film.

I saw it today - loved it. You really couldn't tell it was a Michael Mann film, which is a great thing in my book.

The intensity of the movie is what really got me. The last 20 minutes of the film were just stunning and I have a new appreciation for Jennifer Garner as an actress (I had zero before.) The other thing is that none of the characters seemed to me to be over-the-top in terms of on-screen personalities. The film started off steady and ended solidly.

It is fun to think about how things might be different today if we had the mindset expressed by Jamie's character at the end of the film.

I saw the film last week and agree with your last statement and what the terrorist said to his grandchild. We need to think this way if we and our love ones are to survive.

That would be because Peter Berg directed it, Mann was one of the producers.....

Good point, but Mann's presence alone often exudes enough cheese to make a Packer fan say "...I think you need to back off." :)