Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Rocky Mountain 3-Gun - September 4-6

I could not be more upset that I can not participate in this superbly run event!

Where is the great big "crying my eyes out" emoticon!

Have a great time at Raton!

Patrick

Pat,

Believe me I feel your pain. Work schedule has hosed me on A1 3 Gun, Pistol Nats, and a couple other matches this year. RM3G was gonna be the jewel for me and just last week, a schedule change forced me to back out.

Hopefully everyone going has a great time and much luck.

Take care, Craig

No, say it ain't so!

We were just talking about re-runs of the Outzen/Gentry floor show. :roflol:

We will truly miss you dude.

Oh man, I think Jim is gonna cry... :(

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Pat, now Craig, what the heck.

What am I gonna do now. Looks like I might have to shoot seriously or something.

No one to cuddle with or get married to.

What next. Freezing rains and high winds, snow, sleet, lightning. rabbid attack bears, and elk, mountain lions.

Gonna miss you guys.

But I'm still going.

I will try to get some pictures for ya.

Ty

Well, Ty, I'm glad you're still coming, but the cuddling thing is a little scary. :unsure: I don't picture JP's Rocky Mountain 3-Gun as a real cuddly match, but what do I know? :wub: JJ still insists it's a BIG BOY match! B)

We have had about 10 cancellations this week from school, jobs, and being stuck overseas, so if you wanted to come, but weren't sure, contact us at rm3gun@yahoo.com and we'll get you in. We're still picking up sponsors, and between the prize table (Over $100,000) and the doorprizes, we're over $110,000, so you'll all win fabulous prizes and the stages are going to be a hoot!

JP Enterprises will still be awarding his Expert shooters pins. Trijicon is sponsoring the free barbeque for all shooters. Nordic Components and Burris are having a FREE AR-22 sidematch. :roflol:

As always, our sponsors: JP Enterprises, Sabre Defence, Nordic Components, LaRue Tactical, Bushmaster, DPMS, Trijicon, Triangle Shooting Sports, Ergo Grips, Brownells, Point Blank, Magpul, Springfield, Tac-Pro, R&R Racing, ESP, Glock, MGM, Warne, PWS, Safariland, Burris, STI, Buchanan Bagworks, Berger Bullets, Arredondo, Entropy, MSTN, Camelback, Rugged Gear, Truck Vault, Flash Target, Viking Tactics, DMW, Redding, Starlight Cases, Militec, Lenspens, Techwear, FMG, Eagle, Cabelas, Sportsman's Warehouse, Clark Custom Guns, Benchmade, POF, Blackhawk, XS Sights, R&R, Uniquetek, Otis, Springer Precision, and others are providing the most amazing prizes! :cheers:

The stages will be challenging, but I really think they'll be a lot of fun!

Can't wait to see you all soon!

Denise and JJ

i was reading the rules for RM3G, and noticed that compensator size for Tactical rifle was listed as 1 x 3, i asked Denise for clarification and was told that the size is for external dimensions, not effective size. Her response was if you take the comp off of the rifle and measure it it needs to be 1 x 3 max. those of us with new/current USPSA dimension comps on our rifles will be needing different ones.

Just thought I'd let ya'll know before you get there.

trapr

I am not too sure on that.....IF (and I say IF) I remember correctly, JJ was one of the guys that was ok with the length of the comp being measured off the end of the barrel.

OOPS...maybe he wasn't.....here is the link for the past discussion on comp length

BE comp length

Yes....JJ??? Denise??? Some manufactures made their comps for the 3 gunners based on the ruling from USPSA.....I know, I know...this Ain't USPSA

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

OK, we ain't gonna get going on THIS 2 weeks before THE match... :angry2:

USPSA rules say something to the effect of 1x3 inches max, with length measured from the end of the barrel to the end of the comp. stick a pencil in the comp to the barrel and measure...

IPSC rules for Semi-Auto Standard say 26mm x 90mm (about 1x 3.5 inches), nothing is said about "effective length" or length from the end of the barrel to the end of the comp.

(as a side bar, the IPSC rules do say this includes compensators, SOUND and\or flash supressors...)

So, this year, at Rocky Mountain 3 Gun, we will use USPSA's interpretation. 1x3 inches, with length measured from the end of the barrel to the end of the comp.

jj

All is well in the Tactical rifle comp universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now where did I put those copper jacketed rifle bullets?????????

Damn those people that READ the rules...........

See ya'll soon, Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

Okay, I just want to say:

When Trapper wrote me, (Seriously, an excellent call. He practices what he preaches and read the rules! :rolleyes: )

JJ is the one who told me how to answer. He hates making Tactical more open!

But, not only is that the new interpretation from USPSA, but someone from a previous RM3G had said it was measured from muzzle to end. I know people shot the longer ones last year, and if RM3G interpreted and didn't announce any change in policy, then it's still got to be okay!

I'm sorry I scared you all! (But, at least we're bumped back up to the top!) :devil:

Seriously, someone owes Trapr a drink!!! :cheers:

Denise

Trapr would cause all kinds of trouble just to get someone to buy him a drink!!!!

I have not been able to shoot a gun for 6 months due to neck surgery and I am going to one of the best if not THE BEST 3 gun match in the country so I don't care if I have to shoot open division with single action guns!

I am going to be there and having fun. :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Trapr would cause all kinds of trouble just to get someone to buy him a drink!!!!

I have not been able to shoot a gun for 6 months due to neck surgery and I am going to one of the best if not THE BEST 3 gun match in the country so I don't care if I have to shoot open division with single action guns!

I am going to be there and having fun. :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sure look forward to seeing you Don :D

We did shoot a few rounds in practice today...cant wait to shoot at the 600yd target :closedeyes:

Jim

Don, a group of us were talking about you just the other day, it'll be good to see you pulling a trigger again.

As for a drink, trust me I've had enough between the UK and Germany matches, but I might be able to handle just one more. :roflol:

Trapr

Question for the people that know the Whittington Center better than I do.

If I arrive on Tues., is there an accessable range that could be used for checking my rifle with yardage out to 500 yrds. or so? In years past I have checked my zero at the 200 yrd sight-in range but would like to go longer if possible.

Thanks

there is a sight in range, with steel targets out too 600 (I think). On non-match days you need to tell the guy at the front gate what you want to do, he will charge you $10 (i think) and show you where to go. On match days you may function fire or sight in on that range or the IPSC berms without paying, your match fee includes Whittington Center Range fees.

jj

Brian,

I usually get there two days early and when I sign in at the gate and tell them why I'm there, they give me a gate pass and wave me through - no charge. There is a 300 yard berm on the sight-in range and steel critters at approximately 400, 500 and 600 yards. We lucked out one year and got to play on the high-power silhouette range and they have a full size bison with a 16" gong at 1,135 yards. Break the shot, pull your ears off and if you're on, you can hear the hit.

Hi Don Good to hear thay yer on the mend and shooting again, but I think you should think about shootin in tactical thou!!! Larry :cheers:

Jim,

I will have to get some tips from you on the 600 yd target.

Trapr,

I have not been to Germany but they do enjoy the ale in UK.

Larry,

I think I will wuss out and just stay with open this time. I don't think I will be quite up to Tacital yet.

Looking forward to visiting with everyone next week.

I know they won't hear it enough so I would like to thank JJ, Denise and everyone else that is working their butts off.

We're looking forward to seeing ALL of you, too!

Just wanted to let everyone know, we're off this Saturday(Day after tomoorw!) early morning. We think we can get e-mail in Raton, but Enos will be more of a trick, so any last minute questions and stuff, please e-mail us at rm3gun@yahoo.com.

We'll be getting everything set up and ready for you all. We've got some challenging, but fun stages!

The weather's supposed to be pretty good. (Trying not to curse it!)

Bring you rifle sling, leave your steel bullets at home, bring more ammo than you think you need, leave that work thing at home, too!

Check-In at noon on Wednesday at the scoring shack by the Coors range.

Good grief, a week from now, you'll all be done with a whole day of shooting! AAARGH!!!! :o

Look forward to seeing you all soon!

Denise and JJ