Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Brave One

AikiDale

I could care less about the roles the antis play in the movies - what is more offensive is that is when a media or political person advocates laws preventing those of us without staff, bodyguards, handlers and advance teams from possessing the tools to do for ourselves what they pay others to take care of.

I probably should post this under "What I Hate". Once again we have an anti gun person playing the role of a shooter.

I didn't know she was antigun. When are these people going to wake up!

Maybe Rosie ODonnell would have been a better choice, both are into girls, but at least

Rosie is Mad all the time... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't recommend seeing Shoot 'Em Up, either.... We went in just looking for some mindless violence (which the movie delivers in spades), and the whole ending of the movie is an anti-gun message <_< F*** You, Hollywood....

I could care less about the roles the antis play in the movies - what is more offensive is that is when a media or political person advocates laws preventing those of us without staff, bodyguards, handlers and advance teams from possessing the tools to do for ourselves what they pay others to take care of.

Good point. Sylvester Stallone recently made many comments critical of civilian gun ownership. Then someone posted his comments along with PDF copies of his CCW permit application. Sad to hear about first Sly & now Jodie :(

Well, me and the wife saw it last night, and loved it.

I was hoping in one hand....and sitting on the other.... that there wouldn't be an anti-gun undertone (or even worse an outright message). I was shocked at the end to find the hope hand filled up faster.

Not one single anti-gun message in the whole thing.

She played a decent part, as did the supporting role of the police detective.

Thinking back, I can only remember one part where I found myself calling "BS". When she first bought the gun, and the guy was showing her how to use it, she was instantly able to lock the slide to the rear with no practice, and send it forward using the slide-catch. I've never had a female student be able to do that on the first try, and a good portion of the male ones can't either.

I would consider line 4 above to be a spoiler, since it describes events at the end of the movie. Perhaps a spoiler warning and some blacking out are in order?

edit: I didn't mean to suggest that you need to delete your whole post, just to edit the part that might give away part of the ending.

Edited by RobMoore

Note that when post, in the "Insert Special Item" drop-down menu, there is a "Insert: Spoiler" option.

Mouseover this to see how it works:

Everyone dies at the end of this movie when the giant mouse swallows the earth.

But where did the giant mouse come from?