Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glockworx vs. vanek trigger kit

dagz

What really works?

Share your experience, comments, inputs.

Thanks!

I can't really comment on the Glockworx, I've never shot a gun with one, but I can tell you about the Vanek trigger. I purchased a Vanek Grandmaster kit approx. 2 months ago for my Glock 34. I use this gun for IDPA competition. It has been nothing short of spectacular. It's not crisp like a 1911 trigger, but mine breaks at around 2.5# and is extremely consistent. No malfunctions of any kind even with hard primers. Not only is the trigger kit nice, but Charlie will take the time to answer any of your questions and has always replied to my calls or e-mails promptly. Class Act !!

Edited by baerburtchell

I have used a Vanek trigger in my G22 open gun for about 2 years.....2.5 lb, crisp and very fast. I just purchased the Glockworx trigger but have not shot it yet in my G24 open gun. My first impression is, less crisp, but I have a stock ejector in it right now. I have an adjustable ejector on order to remove the over-travel which should crisp it up a lot in my experience. Trigger pull with the Glockworx is 3lb, but I think it might drop a bit with reduced takeup (there some 'bounce' in the trigger that affects the reading on my pull-gauge).

I ordered a Glockworx trigger about 3 months ago but have been hesitant to install and try it because I don't believe it will be production legal. The trigger safety is trimmed way beyond factory. The trigger bar looks nice and will have less pretravel due to the addition of the added tab. I have two Vanek triggers that are truly phenomenal. I have tried to copy what he does but cannot. I get close but he has some secrets up his sleeve. His triggers are the crispest I have felt. I can get mine smooth but not as crisp as his. I put my vote for a Vanek trigger. Combine a Vanek trigger with a lightened steel striker from Lightning Strike and it is sweet. Charlie has awesome customer service and always answers his phone to help if you need it. I called him the other day to get a replacement trigger bar for my G34 that i am shooting Nationals with because I sanded the face of the trigger to remove the uncomfortable ridge that is on the stock trigger. I was in fear of getting bumped to open. He sent me one right out for a small fee of course but he did it quickly to make sure I had it in time to install and test. I had Ralph Sotelo's triggerkit before Charlie's. It was smooth but mushy and would double on occasion. I think Charlie's kit is the shit. I plan on hanging on to the Glockworx to try in a G35 if I ever get one.

If you do a search, you will find a wealth of information on the topic.

Personally, I prefer the Vanek trigger. Charlie Vanek is a USPSA shooter, stands behind his product 100%, can be reached with a simple phone call, and works the best.

I can't speak on the others triggers but I can tell you my experiences with Vaneks triggers. I bought 3.I installed them in my G34, G17 and G21. All have and are giving great service. The G34 I use in USPSA and IDPA, The G17 I use in IDPA as I do the G21. All his triggers are breaking right at 2.5 lbs. The more you use them the better they get. I have found though that you'll need to buy a few Wolff trigger springs. The reason is that if you do as I did which was to run in the front set screw you are "preloading" the trigger causing a lil more stress on the spring. Anyway, I'll only use Vanek triggers from now on..my 2 cents.

I have a Vanek GM kit. If I could do it again, I'd probably get the regular kit. I'm not sure the GM kit is worth the extra $95 over the regular kit. The only difference seems to be the custom striker. Note that it's NOT a lightened striker. Charlie told me he doesn't believe in lightened strikers...

My other observation is that I would get lots of light primer strikes on CCI primers. I changed to the stock glock striker spring and the problem went away. I'll put Vanek's pring back when I've shot up all my CCI primers...

VERY light trigger pull. Not crisp, but light.

• 2 months later...

I just got a GlockWORX trigger with skeletonized striker on my G17 Open Gun. Before that I had an older Sotello trigger on there. Wow! Huge difference!

The pull went down to 1.75lbs. Way more crisp and much less overtravel than the Sotello.

I tried a Vanek on an SJC Open Glock this past weekend and it was very similar to the GlockWORX; maybe a little lighter, but with a little less feel... My impression was that it felt more like pulling the trigger on my airsoft gun!

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I have used a Vanek trigger in my G22 open gun for about 2 years.....2.5 lb, crisp and very fast. I just purchased the Glockworx trigger but have not shot it yet in my G24 open gun. My first impression is, less crisp, but I have a stock ejector in it right now. I have an adjustable ejector on order to remove the over-travel which should crisp it up a lot in my experience. Trigger pull with the Glockworx is 3lb, but I think it might drop a bit with reduced takeup (there some 'bounce' in the trigger that affects the reading on my pull-gauge).

I now have GLOCKWORX triggers installed (G35 limited gun, G24 9mm open gun) and found these triggers to be comparable to the Vanek trigger I used in my 40 open gun. Charlie's trigger has more pre-travel, though he does include the pre-screw which I have not played with. Trigger pull is comparable in the 2.25-2.75lb range. I would recommend either trigger without hesitation.

I currently use Vanek production triggers in my G34 and G17, after using triggers from another vendor for a year or so.

Suffice to say, Charlie's triggers have excellent balance between crisp and light, IMO, with all safeties intact and working as Gaston intended. They do everything I expect them to do and I'm extremely satisfied, so I'm not inclined to look further than Charlie's name in my address book and get on with the shootin'. B)

Charlie will take the time to answer any of your questions and has always replied to my calls or e-mails promptly. Class Act !!

Above quote from a previous poster, let me add that this is a HUGE help for anythign, my G17 was acting up, (not due to his trigger) but he helped me track down an out of spec firing pin and was very patient on the phone and emailing.

I've never had anyone eleses trigger in a Glock, and this is my 1st, but Charlie is just a joy to the shooting world.

Have a Vanek #1 kit in my G22. His customer service is almost unheard of these days. Explained everything over the phone to me and was just great to deal with. The kit is superb too. Breaks at about 1.9 on the trigger scale. Would highly reccomend him to anybody looking for a Glock trigger. No experience with the Glockworx.

My .02

I tried a glockworx trigger from the president of glockworx alec (he shoots comps in my area and is local to me) and it was amazing....Not to mention he is a super nice guy and answered all my million questions I threw at him....He told me the $200 trigger that I was messing with was breaking at 1.5 lbs.....I can believe it....I never though a glock trigger could feel that good...

I have both the Glockworx and a Vanek drop in kits. Both companies are great to deal with and each kit has it's own special touches. Both also support USPSA.

Glockworx:

No pretravel

No overtravel - adjustable

Modified polished trigger bar w/ added tab in trigger area

Modified trigger safety

Firing pin plunger is polished

Comes with both regular and reduced power striker springs

Come with modified firing pin plunger spring

Custom trigger spring

Comes with allen wrench to adjust overtravel

LWD 3.5lb connector

Vanek drop in:

Stock like pretravel but a very light and smooth trigger

No overtravel - adjustable

No modification to trigger safety

Modifed polished trigger bar

Modified polished firing pin plunger - lots of beveling - very nice

Comes with reduced power striker spring

Modified LWD 3.5lb connector

Production legal

Did I mention the trigger is light and smooth?

These are just some of the things I noticed.

I have used both kits in my Limited Glock. I like them both for different reasons.

Edited by PLINK

Anyone try Man Mountain Engineering's trigger group? I know taran uses it in his production glock and reported he loved it. As I just purchased a G-35 for production, there are many choices. It seems like the ol chocolate or vanilla question as there is no definative answer because everyone has their own preference.. for me, the more it feels like the rest of my guns, the better. I want something light crisp and no pretravel or take up. sorry.. guess I want a single action~! :D

With the Glockworx or the Vanek, is the trigger housing drop safety still active? With all of the pre-travel removed, the ledge either had to be extended or the trigger bar modified for this final safety to work.

You are correct.

Vanek has made a modification to the ledge to assure the trigger bar does not fall. Part of the instructions for the new trigger has you test all the safeties to make sure they are in working order.

I liked the new Super Kit #1 so much, I ordered another for my second Glock.