Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having to pee early in the morning when I could have slept in.

Vagus

It could be worse. My dad had bladder cancer, so they removed his bladder. They did make a small bladder using a section from the small intestines, but he essentially has no bladder control. He wakes up every 2 hours throughout the night due to leakage. He can more or less control it during the day, but not at night.

I hate waking up to pee 20 minutes before my alarm is set to go off.

Good grief, what a bunch of cry babies. Wait until you are my age and have a prostrate the size of a watermelon. It will take you at least 20 minutes to pee. Figure three times a night...that's an hour with your thingy in your hand...

Depends are a great idea,

Having to pee in the morning is not the same as frequent urination, but irregardless I do not have diabetes as of a few months ago.

Sorry about everyones large prostate and family members with urinary problems.

The point was more along the lines of - if getting up in the morning to pee is the worst thing I can think of, then I have it pretty dang good.

Which is true.

Needing to get up in the night to urinate is one of several symptoms for a prostate issue.

Possibly BPH, possibly something worse.

You need to have your PSA checked.

Prostate cancer is no joke.

Tony

Edited by 38superman

I think it's tactically sound to drink a big glass of iced tea right before bed time.......

Then I'm definitely waking up sometime during the night........totally without warning.

Just try sneaking up on me......... :ph34r:

Needing to get up in the night to urinate is one of several symptoms for a prostate issue.

Possibly BPH, possibly something worse.

You need to have your PSA checked.

Prostate cancer is no joke.

Tony

Getting up to pee is also a symptom of a full bladder. :surprise:

But I am glad this thread can be a public service announcement of sorts -

Prostate cancer is very serious, and all men should be aware of it. It actually starts with out any symptoms and is only sometimes discovered with a PSA which is done routinely. PSA doesn't always find all prostate cancers and digital exams usually only find cancers that are more advanced. :unsure:

Symptoms to be worried about are frequent urination, increased urination - especially at night, difficulty starting and maintaining a steady stream of urine, blood in the urine, and painful urination, difficulty achieving erection, and painful ejaculation.

These are very similar to symptoms of Benign prostatic hyperplasia which effects nearly half of all men between 50 and 70 - over 90% over 70 years of age. iirc

I had bypass surgery a couple of years ago and the Dr. gave me a water pill to take because my leg was swelling where they harvested veins for the bypass grafts.

to make a long story short. don't take a diuretic before going to bed :surprise:

dj

Nothing makes me more upset.

Especially when it's cold outside :ph34r:

Oohhh a cold floor... Grrrr.

Or a dog sleeping at the bottom of the stairs..... :ph34r:

Getting dressed to go outside on a cold night to walk to the loo....

And dog lying at the bottom of the stairs isn't as big a deal as finding what the dog left lying on the floor....

getting old sucks, but getting up to pee is old news. Why do you think they keep that pot under the bed in old days. Way better than trekking out to outhouse.

Don't turn the light on it wakes you up, but pissing in dark can leave mess. So sit down relax then stumble back to bed and you'll be asleep before you hit the pillow.

Why do you think they keep that pot under the bed in old days. Way better than trekking out to outhouse.

I did that in Iraq almost every night. i wasnt going to get out of bed, put on my body armor and helmet to go take a piss.

Now the bathroom is about 3 feet from the bed.

I'm with Justin. Every night and instead someone takin' a free shot at me, I'll happily fill an empty water bottle (or two).

Rich

+1 - the water bottle trick definitely beats putting on 50+ lbs worth of "stuff" just to take a leak.