Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where Do You Buy Your Reloading Supplies

triggerpresser

I get most of my stuff such as bullets, powder, primers from my local gun shop. However, I bought my press, accessories, scale, etc. online either off Ebay or directly from Dillon. I bought my 650 brand new off Ebay for a really good price.

Pete

TNTreloading.com

PA based. They have an extensive gunshow circuit in the Mid-Atlantic region, Richmond Va, Charlotte NC, and others...........they bring literally a semi-truck load set-up.

I pick-up quantity pricing on primers and powder with no HAZMAT.... and Star FMJ bullets in bulk at the Richmond, Va. show every three months or so..........

TR

• 1 year later...

I order my bullets from Cabelas, with their shipping policies you can't get any cheaper out here in Hawaii.

I've also gotten Zero bullets from Angus Hobdell at GhostHolster.com he's still got his "Special" prices going on as of 6/11/05

Also have ordered from Tom Stidham at MasterBlasterBullets.com...good service and his bullets work.

Powder and Primers from local gunshop when he gets a large enough order from us reloaders together.

Brass from eBay! Cheap once fired deals from Range scroungers. My club runs local "Open Days" at range and I get brass from casual shooters who don't reload.

Local PD THROWS AWAY!?! their .40 S&W!!! (AWW, Dad, do we have to go dumpster diving again?) LOL!

Cleaning media is bought from Petco

Hi, I was just wondering what your cleaning media is, since Petco is a pet store? The only thing I thought of was kitty litter (I've owned cats for years). If this is indeed true, does this really work? :blink:

Thanks

you can get ground corn cob from Petco that works pretty well for cleaning media.

I get my stuff from:

Brass and bullets for my limited gun from Midway

Zero Bullets for my 38SC from Chuck at Shooters Connection

Primers and Powder from Powder valley.

Handgun Supplies:

Brass: free from an unnamed source

Bullets: The local range sells zero's for a great price out the door if I want jacketed. For

Lead I order bulk with one of the clubs to get quantity pricing and free shipping.

Powder/Primers: Locally at another range

Rifle Supplies:

Brass: Midway or Reloaders Nest

Bullets: Georgia Precision Shooters Supply, Reloaders Nest, Sinclair, Direct from

Manufacturer if I'm ordering BR bullets...

Powder/Primers: Locally at the range where I shoot.....

Shotgun Supplies:

Hulls: Free anywhere I can get them, I have thousands and thousands already...

Wads, Powder, Primers, Shot: Ballistic Specialities, or Ballistic Products, local range

has a very good selection of these as well with very

competitive pricing....

In all fairness there are 3 ranges within 30 minutes of my house that I shoot at regularly and 2 that I don't shoot at very often.. One carries shotgun and pistol reloading supplies. Another carries every powder out there and primers but no bullets or brass. Then the third place has a club where I can order all of my hard cast bullets.

Thread back from the dead!!!!!!!!!!

My jacketed bullets come from Midway or E-Bay, I cast my own lead.

Powder and primers from gun shows or if the timing is bad, from Powder Valley.

Brass from E-Bay.

Gun stores aren't an option around here unless you really like to drive.

All my shooting gear from Chuck.

We put together a bulk bullet order through our club to help cut down on shipping costs. Otherwise I buy all of my powder and primmers from a local distributer who is a core shooter and supporter of shooting in our area (Thanks Squishy).

• 1 month later...

Powder and primers from local stores

Berry’s preferred plated bullets from cabelas $61.84 per thousand with shipping

.40-135 and 5.3 grns bullseye seated to 1.120

.40-165 and 5.3 grns bullseye seated to 1.120

Shot in XD Service 4" bi-tone with polished barrel

Reloading equipment from Cabelas

Holster, mags, etc from pistol-gear.com

Tournament range bag from I-shot

The prices for powder and primers are better at cabelas than in the stores in Southern Cali., but the hazardous shipping fees from online suppliers are too much to make it worth buying in smaller quantities.

The 135's seem to shoot nice and soft, and the accuracy seems much better than winchester white box. Does anyone else use bullseye or Berry's?

Powder & Primers, local shop @ $14.99/each

Bullets - Shooters Connection

Brass - eBay

The amount of powder and primers that I'd have to buy to not only save on the hazmat fee but also freight costs completely negates any savings I'd have over finding them at a lower price.

For a low quantity person reloading 9mm mousefarts, it doesn't take much powder or the best brass! :lol:

Here in Salem, OR we have a Sportsman’s Warehouse, and if I need it now that’s where I go I also buy my Powder and Primers from them Hazmat fees chew up any savings. Midway USA gets a lot of my business on dies, ammo boxes and such. When it comes to IPSC specific stuff, gun parts and such I use Chuck at Shooters Connection, or Brownells.

I buy powder and primers locally.

Bullets from Dillon.

Brass - I have a deal at one of the local ranges. I pay scrap price for any and all Brass. I will then sell what I don't use or use it for trading stock.

Powder & primers: Gunshow

Bullets: Berry's & Masterblasters

Brass: Depending on what's available in the local indoor range I may end buying from the internet (e-bay, Scharch Brass, Brass Man Brass, Southern Belle)

HATE RELOADING!

Bullets: MG's bulk ordered with my buddies from whomever has the best deal (most recently, Action Shooting Supply, on line). Occasionally gun show specials for practice rounds.

Primers: Gun shows because the price is reasonable, the entrance fee is a whole lot less than hazmat and shipping, and it's fun to browse the tables. If I need primers on short notice, my rod and gun club sells them for a bit more than the gun show dealers. I prefer to get a couple sleeves all of the same lot number.

Powder: I buy from vendors at major matches, usually getting enough of the same production lot to last me several months. No hazmat or shipping makes up for the slightly higher prices.

Brass: I scrounge, or order from the Brassman.

Last time I came back from a Reno match, what with travelling with and buy for friends who needed reloading supplies, I was glad I didn't have to explain to some CHP patrolman why I had 32# of powder and 30K primers in the trunk, along with the three guns and several hundred leftover rounds. :rolleyes: