Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beer, and travel...

BDH

One of the reasons, I like traveling to different areas is to sample the local brew. In Ecuador, it was Brahma (sp?)... and in Missoula it was Moose Drool from the Big Sky Brewing Company. Plus, you gotta love their slogan... "We Make Water Fun"...

The only thing better than traveling and experiencing the different brews, is when one of your friends ships you a case of it without your knowledge!! :wub: I'd say more, but I have a nice, tall 16 oz aluminum bottle calling my name... ;)

Big Sky sponsored a stage at Nationals in Missoula and gave shooters discount coupons. We scored on a growler of Moose Drool for the awards ceremony.. Take that wuss-beer companies!

Brian,

I'll make sure to bring you in Cheval-Blanc a bottle or two of Birra Menabrea, finest italian brew since 1846 ... :cheers:

What, no Peroni? :o

I'm a fan of Moretti myself. :)

Best Beer in the world is Bavarian Beer.

Hefe-Wisen

Like mothers milk!!! cheers.gif

Sorry, but I'll take an American brewed Pale Ale, thank you. Actually, I just drained a fine bottle of Clipper City's Loose Cannon Hop3 (cubed). East coast breweries have it together.

My wife is from Italy. When visiting the Inlaws I drink wine!

For work I am in Bloomington IN a few times a year and make a point to stop at the Upland brewery and drink a porter

Yeah, and a stop at Lenny's for a stromboli and no trip to Bloomington is complete without a stop at Big Red Liquors.

Yeah, and a stop at Lenny's for a stromboli and no trip to Bloomington is complete without a stop at Big Red Liquors.

Does the 'Broad Ripple Brew Pub' still exist? It has been a lot of years, but I did spend a certain amount of time there (or was that TD Alibi's I was thinking of?).... :cheers:

Brian,

Peroni (IMHO) is a so-and-so beer: a somewhat good commercial one, but definitely not special.

Dave,

Moretti is a really good beer, that I used to drink a lot before discovering Menabrea.

They (Moretti) have several different brews, and they all taste great, but Menabrea is a niche product, and it is clearly head and shoulders above all other italian beers (again, IMO).

Does the 'Broad Ripple Brew Pub' still exist? It has been a lot of years, but I did spend a certain amount of time there (or was that TD Alibi's I was thinking of?).... :cheers:

Absolutely. The wife and I stopped there for a drink a few months ago during a bike ride.

Peroni (IMHO) is a so-and-so beer: a somewhat good commercial one, but definitely not special.

Luca, sorry, ONLY Italian brew I could name off the top of my head (and my usual drink at the US 'knockoff Italian resturants'). I'll tell ya what... give me an idea what you would like to drink from the US, and we can do a 'swap' at Cheval-Blanc... ;)

I am not a hefe-wizen fan myself.

I am a big fan of the ultra hopped beers that the east coast breweries are putting out now. The 120 minute, 90 minute IPA's from dogfish head. The Serum from DuClaw, The clipper city one is not bad.

Then I do like the belgian beer style like three philosophers.

I am a big fan of the ultra hopped beers that the east coast breweries are putting out now. The 120 minute, 90 minute IPA's from dogfish head. The Serum from DuClaw, The clipper city one is not bad.

I love Dogfish's 90 minute, it's great.

There is an awesome ultra hopped beer from California, the beer is called "Pliny The Elder" it is brewed by the Russian River Brewing Co. from Santa Rosa, Ca.

Pliny is available in Pa, you can probably get it in MD.

Pliny The Elder is the first (and only) Russian River beer I've ever tried, and it's damn good. It's one of my favorite beers. Another beer that I love is "Storm King Stout" from Victory Brewing Co, Downingtown Pa. Storm King is a type of stout called Russian Stout or Imperial Stout. A good Russian (Imperial) stout is much stronger than a normal stout, it is sort of like a well balanced, spiked, black coffee, taste everywhere. If you love strong beer, you should give Storm King and Pliny The Elder a try.

Absolutely. The wife and I stopped there for a drink a few months ago during a bike ride.

Probably my second favorite place in Indy!! My true love would still be the Slippery Noodle Inn!! :wub::wub::wub: In fact, Deb and I should probably grab a room in Indy some Saturday night, and spend some time at the Noodle. ;)

Amen brother, amen. I just picked up a Clipper City sampler of their Heavy Seas line that I can't wait to get into.

I am lucky the bar I go to in Ann Arbor has around 90 microbrews on tap and hundreds more in bottle. My favorites are : Stone Brewing, Bells, Founders, Great Lakes, Dogfish, Rogue, the list goes on and on. My favorite beer overall has to be the Arrogant Bastard Ale from stone, Are you worthy? I also love Rogue's Imperial Stout from the Cask.

"Fizzy yellow beer is for Wussies"

Stone Brewing

:cheers:

Edited by RHall

I am lucky the bar I go to in Ann Arbor has around 90 microbrews on tap and hundreds more in bottle. My favorites are : Stone Brewing, Bells, Founders, Great Lakes, Dogfish, Rouge, the list goes on and on. My favorite beer overall has to be the Arrogant Bastard Ale from stone, Are you worthy? I also love Rogue's Imperial Stout from the Cask.

"Fizzy yellow beer is for Wussies"

Stone Brewing

:cheers:

Great breweries you mentioned, I'm a big Arrogant Bastard fan myself.