Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beer, and travel...

BDH

Having spent 4 years in Germany and travelling Europe recently, and being exclusively a beer drinker, I have found a taste for many different beers.

Coming back to the US and specifically North Carolina I have been having a difficult time finding the right beer for me. Weizen beers tend to add a lot of weight if you drink in quantities (as I do). And I do not have any local brew pubs so I have had to find something I can tolerate.

I don't consider myself a beer snob, but many others do. :cheers:

What is funny is that I am a beer snob 90% of the time. The other 10% I drink baltimore's original BOH. Its not good, it is cheap, but its only a block away to get a case for $10

I am going to have to go looking for some of these other beers.

I am lucky the bar I go to in Ann Arbor has around 90 microbrews on tap and hundreds more in bottle. My favorites are : Stone Brewing, Bells, Founders, Great Lakes, Dogfish, Rogue, the list goes on and on. My favorite beer overall has to be the Arrogant Bastard Ale from stone, Are you worthy? I also love Rogue's Imperial Stout from the Cask.

I am also a big fan of Great Lakes Brewing, and more so of Rogue, but I do think 'I am WORTHY' so I'm gonna find me some Arrogant Bastard Ale and give it a try. Thanks for the tip... ;)

Having spent 4 years in Germany and travelling Europe recently, and being exclusively a beer drinker, I have found a taste for many different beers.

Coming back to the US and specifically North Carolina I have been having a difficult time finding the right beer for me. Weizen beers tend to add a lot of weight if you drink in quantities (as I do). And I do not have any local brew pubs so I have had to find something I can tolerate.

I don't consider myself a beer snob, but many others do. :cheers:

The only problem with micro brews is that it seems like it's hard to find it in a lot of rural areas. Maybe you can find some in Durham or Raleigh? Maybe in an area with a lot of tourists?

Well, there are several micro breweries in the triangle area. I have yet to go to any and do taste testing. I missed an opportunity (because of my back injury) to go to the local beer fest last year. I intend to go to the next one and have a great time! $30.00 get's you in the door, and you get to drink as much as you want. Some of my friends went and said it was a blast.

Well, there are several micro breweries in the triangle area. I have yet to go to any and do taste testing. I missed an opportunity (because of my back injury) to go to the local beer fest last year. I intend to go to the next one and have a great time! $30.00 get's you in the door, and you get to drink as much as you want. Some of my friends went and said it was a blast.

I live in southern NJ, last year I went to a beer fest in Atlantic City, it was really cool.

If you do get a chance, make sure you go to the beer fest, you'll have a good time. When you go, check out the local breweries you have in the triangle area, they will probably have something you like. Also, check out some stuff from out of the area, some of the brewers from California and Pa have some really good stuff.