Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poor club website communications

Merlin Orr

Ain't that the truth! 300 miles isn't just around the block! That would cost me almost $22.00 bucks in gas at the 38 to 40 mpg my car gets on the freeway with gas being $2.79 a gallon here. :surprise: Not the way to keep people coming back now is it? :angry2:

Just got back from a 300 + mile drive - wasted gas and time.

If a club cancels a match they should post it on their website in the area that says - match cancellations -maybe?

Crap.

Merlin, I feel your pain. .. I would start ranting if I keep going...

Just got back from a 300 + mile drive - wasted gas and time.

If a club cancels a match they should post it on their website in the area that says - match cancellations -maybe?

Crap.

Damn, glad I overslept. Rain out or just???????????.---------------Larry

Around here local match cancellations typically take place on the shooter e-mail lists that you have to subscribe to (TXIPSC, TexasSouth, CTRPC, ...) since most MDs can fire off an update e-mail at 7am instead of trying to update a club website that maybe only one or two people have the code to.

The downside is if you aren't on one of those lists, you get hosed.

I guess when we sighned up last time and filled out the email address block on the sighn in sheet I was just wasten ink.--------Larry

In my experience, it's pretty rare that will get you anything but that day's match results, and much of the time not even that. :unsure:

Heck, in many cases, I'm out of the house before a notice comes out anyway... :( Helps to have the phone numbers of the MDs or someone who knows what's going on (or shred's handy Internet cell phone...).

Definitely sucks to make a drive like that and not get to shoot :(

Around here local match cancellations typically take place on the shooter e-mail lists that you have to subscribe to (TXIPSC, TexasSouth, CTRPC, ...) since most MDs can fire off an update e-mail at 7am instead of trying to update a club website that maybe only one or two people have the code to.

The downside is if you aren't on one of those lists, you get hosed.

Well then..... It appears that all of my pissing and moaning is my own fault for not being on the TXIPSC mailing list.... That problem is now rectified!

I hate it when I am mad at some dumbass only to find out he... is me..... :blink:

You guys cancel a match because it rains?

Sometimes we git just a lil' too much rain here in Texas.

Here's the entry gate into one of the local ranges in the DFW area.

I don't see a problem in the picture. I thought in TX everything is bigger? Don't you guys have BIG trucks?

Just kidding, that is a lot of water. Good for swimming & fishing, bad for running & shooting!