Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Tactical customized by Miller Custom!

Tokarev

Here are some photos of my Rock Island Tactical after being worked over by Miller Custom in Illinois. About the only things left that are factory Filipino are the frame, slide, barrel and firing pin. And the grip screw bushings! Scallops to the frame and mainspring housing courtesy of Rogers Precision of Arizona.

Range report ASAP!

S1030193.jpg

S1030192.jpg

S1030191.jpg

S1030190.jpg

S1030189.jpg

Edited by Tokarev

That looks waaaay nicer than the pimp-gun you used to have.

This pimp gun's got a little more done to it than the last one I had. Plus it's chambered in a manly .45 and not that little girly 9mm!

This will be my primary IDPA gun and my back-up Single Stacker. I sent Robert a couple boxes of the nasty Federal 185 JHP to make sure it'll feed with that stuff.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys!

Very impressive. Of course it does not hurt to have Robert and Chuck collaborate

on your 1911 project. Is that a S&A magwell?

Yes, that's an S&A mag well that's been scalloped to match the front strap.

If this is the gun I am thinking of.......Don't be talking about his old Pimp Gun.. Th new owner is a mean asshat and thinks poorly of those who badmouth the shiney toy... B)

Yes, Merlin. I do believe Jasmap is referring to the 9mm blaster that I sent your way awhile ago. All joking aside, that freaking thing was an absolute bullet hose and never failed to miss a beat. Virgil's the MAN when it comes to non-.45 1911's!

If this is the gun I am thinking of.......Don't be talking about his old Pimp Gun.. Th new owner is a mean asshat and thinks poorly of those who badmouth the shiney toy... B)

LOL. I forgot that a crazy Texan bought it. It was pimpish but it ran like a scalded dog. Tokarev does like pretty guns.

quote: "This will be my primary IDPA gun and my back-up Single Stacker. "

If you mean single stack division, It won't be legal with that rail, I don't think. I might be wrong, and maybe that's not what you meant, anyway.

Hard Chrome rather than bumper chrome????

Seriously though, It is very nicely done. Hope to see it this Sun.

Hopefully I'll be out there. Lately we've been getting hammered at work and I haven't been getting home until late--or early depending on your perspective.

Got this and some new mags to try.

If you mean single stack division, It won't be legal with that rail, I don't think. I might be wrong, and maybe that's not what you meant, anyway.

The rail will be legal under the new rules.

That's great news! Now I can get that Kimber Desert Warrior I've wanted since they came out! :D

BTW, will DOH be legal under the new rules? Thanks.

rnr

That's great news! Now I can get that Kimber Desert Warrior I've wanted since they came out! :D

BTW, will DOH be legal under the new rules? Thanks.

rnr

Yep....no DOH and no full rail or full dustcover but only a certain length (I forget the exact length).

Just a little update for anybody that might still be following this thread; I've got about 400 rounds through the gun now since I got it back from Miller Custom. Accuracy is greatly improved with the installation of a new tight barrel bushing. The gun feeds semi-wadcutters, ball and JHP without issues.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Robert's work. The trigger's a little heavy for a "game" gun but I'll see if I can't fix that as soon as I pull the gun apart for a good cleaning.