Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Michael Moore

John Dunn

I know he's been flamed here in the past, but his Oscar acceptance speech was just disgusting. It was encouraging that he was booed off stage.

It would be nice to cheer for a hometown boy made good, but I can't in this case. I was born in Flint, Michigan and his film Roger and Me gave a very accurate depiction of the trauma of the GM plant closings and the massive ignorance of Flint's elected officials. I even thought some of the spots on his show TV Nation were well done. But to call the reasons for this war fictional? I can only hope he decides to be a human shield somewhere or goes to live in a communist nation he so obviously yearns for.

John,

I saw & heard it, and I concur wholeheartedly with you........ "Somebody that we don't need to talk about on the SHOOTING forum" is a self-serving urchin. I would love to get 15 minutes locked alone in a room with him......... it would be 15 minutes neither one of us would ever forget!

The "touch of class" of the show was in Steve Martin's closing. The last words he spoke on the telecast were, "I hope all of the young men and women overseas who might be watching, enjoyed this...... it was for you."

I don't care what anyone in this country thinks about if we should or shouldn't be in this war, we are IN it, and our fighting men and women need to know that the country is behind THEM, no matter what. Sorry bout the rant, but that's my $.02

God Bless each and every one of those men and women who are putting their lives on the line, and may their families find peace in this time of such great anxiety for them.

Jeff

The best thing to do to "Somebody that we don't need to talk about on the SHOOTING forum" is to let him shoot his mouth off. He'll dig his own grave soon enough, and be forgotten not soon after.

The sad part is that some good people gave their lives in the last couple days so that a scumbag POS like him has the right to stand up their and whine. They won't fight for this country but they sure as hell will enjoy the freedoms from somebody else's sacrafice. Hopefully he gets the Hanoi Jane treatment along with the rest of his kind.

Mr Moore talks about fiction but from what I have heard about the piece of crap documentary that he won an Oscar for that is the fiction. He talks about a fictional election but all of the recounts show Bush won. He is only pi**ed off because the recounts were stopped by the Supreme Court before they could figure out a way to get Gore to win. :angry:

I happened to see it as well - it was truly disgusting. (The second time my TV's been on in a year.) What a "classless" piece of crap.

Now Peter O'toole, on the other hand, was a class act.

be

About the best way to have an impact on this guy is to boycott all his films and the folks who produced it. He will still have the Oscar, but he will still be a Hollywood jackass.

Everyone who is worth a shjt should move out of Kalifornia so they won't drown when it falls into the ocean. Hopefully during my lifetime so I can see it.

it is hard to understand how SO MANY idiots can live and work in the same place. This falls into the same kind of irrational behavior as the citizens of this country paying such really stupid prices for tickets to pro sports games to enable the pro athletes to act like they do, with no accountability, huh, just like the people in Hollyweird...must be some similarity there somewhere.

As a Unionista I enjoyed "Roger and Me, but he opened my eyes during an interview not long after. During the interview he basically said that the reason he wore New Balance sneakers was not because they were American made, but because they fit his wide feet. It seems like a small thing, but that planted a seed in my mind about just how sincere he was about what he portrayed on film and video. After watching his TV show a few times, it became very clear to me that he is a classic sh*t-stirrer. He doesn't seem to care about what he puts on the air, but he does seem to care if it agitates people. He also loves to embarass people in order to make a point, which I find needlessly cruel.

I am proud we live in a country in which he feels free and safe enough to offer his oppinion publically. I couldn't help but wonder just how fat he would be if he lived in Iraq....probably not very, since to be fat, you have to be well-off (generally). I don't think people get rich and fat in the middle east making movies that stir the feces. They usually get dead.

I only saw the snippet on the news but that was enough for me. Steve Martins comment about the union guys stuffing him in the trunk was kinda ironic if unintentional. Moore supposedly went on a rant backstage and claimed only 5 people booed or something like that. Sounded like a lot more than that.

You think you've got problems with your name? Heck, a "pinto":

1) Is the name of a horse;

2) Is a type of industrial strength "super-flatulence" beans;

3) Is the name of a car which explodes when hit from the rear;

4) Sounds like "Where are you?" in Cantonese;

5) Means "small penis" in Brazilian slang (and how did they find out?)

:blink:

James Woods just blasted Moore on the tonite show. It was fantastic, Woods called him a bleep bleep chicken shit bleep bleep. On top of that he accused him on doing it just for money. I always liked Woods but now I'm a fan for life. He started out talking about his dad who was a hero in WW2 with several purple hearts and gave his life for the country.