Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

peanut butter

mgcchkn

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I will go grab me a spoonful right now....

The things you can do with Peanut Butter! It's delish melted on chocolate ice cream. Elvis got it right with the peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwich. Simply paired with saltine crackers and an ice cold glass of milk, it's heaven. But one of the most inspired, and usual, peanut butter taste sensation is to put it on a hamburger. Yup, that's right. Bacon with very lite mayo on the bottom bun, peanut butter on the top bun, sandwiching a well seasoned bit of beef burger. And somewhere on these forums I remember reading a tribute to the peanut butter marshmellow sandwich. I haven't tried it but maybe next week (after an extra 30 minutes on the treadmill), I'll have one!

:D

Edited by carinab

Think I will go grab me a spoonful right now....

The things you can do with Peanut Butter! It's delish melted on chocolate ice cream. Elvis got it right with the peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwich. Simply paired with saltine crackers and an ice cold glass of milk, it's heaven. But one of the most inspired, and usual, peanut butter taste sensation is to put it on a hamburger. Yup, that's right. Bacon with very lite mayo on the bottom bun, peanut butter on the top bun, sandwiching a well seasoned bit of beef burger. And somewhere on these forums I remember reading a tribute to the peanut butter marshmellow sandwich. I haven't tried it but maybe next week (after an extra 30 minutes on the treadmill), I'll have one!

:D

I had no idea such things could be done with PB!

Personally I'm a Jiff Creamy kind of guy and, luckily, so is my wife. I'm a big fan of dunking a nutter butter (or similar substitute) in coffee....Mmmmmm

Unfortunately, I have to place peanut butter under the "Things I Hate" forum.

It goes back to my childhood when my brother would open a new jar of PB and polish off the whole thing in one sitting with a huge soup spoon. I guess if I had a chance to taste the stuff as a child, things may have turned out differently.

Bill :)

Heated peanut butter over vanilla ice cream tastes a little like butterscotch. Excellent. Fattening. Still Excellent.

I eat peanut butter literally every day. :wub: (usually on whole-wheat bread...)

I eat peanut butter literally every day. :wub: (usually on whole-wheat bread...)

Exactly what I do. :) Nice big spoonfull on one side of the piece of bread and fold it over.

Peanut butter burritos are pretty good too, put some peanut butter on a tortilla, wrap it up like a burrito, throw it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. :)

Not sure where all they have John's Incredible Pizza restaurants, but they have peanut butter pizza. It's pretty good.

Peanut butter is a bit like sex. It can be really reallly bad or really really really good....way too much oil, far too dry, or just right :P

As far as a tasty treat, I will agree with nearly all of the above. One of my gazillion calorie favorites is a fat glob of peanut butter on a plate and a bag of Tostitos nearby for dipping :ph34r: It started out many years ago by placing fritos between the slices of bread on my PB&Js. I guess I never grew out of it.

Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter (the only ingredients are peanuts & salt - when you open it you have to mix up the PB with the oil on top).

My new fav is this Smuckers Natural PB over wheat bread with a handful of raisins in between.

Alright I wasn't going to do this but, you asked for it...

Best topping EVER for Good Vanilla icecream.

DP's PB & Chocolate fudge sauce: Take notes, this is complex. :rolleyes:

Micro safe ramiken. Heaping table spoon of smooth PB (Jif works well) and roughly same amount of Hershey's chocolate syrup.

"Mike" it 10-15 sec, stir and repeat until smooth and hot. DO NOT OVER HEAT the PB will "break" and then it's ruined, start over.

But when you learn to get it right, this is THE most decadent topping for ice cream you ever tasted.

And before ZHunter asks, you have to let it cool before applying it to ANY body part. :surprise:

Edited by dirtypool40

Peanut butter burritos are pretty good too, put some peanut butter on a tortilla, wrap it up like a burrito, throw it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. smile.gif

If you like that, try adding a section of a Hershey bar to it before you put it in the microwave. Mmmmm, warm,gooey goodness. :wub:

Defiantly a "what I like", we go though a big jar of Smuckers Natural every four or five weeks. And the puppy dog has a creamy Jiff treat every day.

This factoid from Wikipedia:

Using high pressure and high temperatures, it is possible to transform peanut butter into diamonds

One Sunday, when I was about seven, I was eating a breakfast of bacon and toast with PB. I crombled up the bacon and sprinkled it over the PB and toast. Hmmm. My mom made up some extra bacon, crumbled it up and mixed it with a jar of PB so I could have this treat during the week while she was getting ready for work. God bless that woman.

Recently my wife and daughter have been making chocolate truffles of various flavors. I'm going to have to suggest they try PB.

Later, Steve