Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PMAGs-Who got stuck with the first run that you have to dremel to make

No entiendo?

What's the difference between "old" and "new." Mine are datecoded 5/07. What's the malfunction?

There were some feeding problems with the batch Datecoded 3/07. Your batch should be fine.

Angel

Call magpul they will replace any first gen mags that aren't working for you.

Eric,

The feed lips were a bit longer which resulted in some feeding problems. I have two AR's the first gen mags were great in one however when the gun got a little dirty they were spotty in the second AR. Magpul's customer service was excellent.

Edited by smokshwn

The replacement program required you notify MagPul by June 1. Check magpul.com under News. I sent some in for replacement. I didn't have a specific problem but had not done extensive testing on all ammo or rifles I have. Of course.. now the windowed mags are available.

Thanks guys. I'm totally impressed with the mags so far. Took a loaded mag and dropped it from about 5' feedlips first on the concrete yesterday (deliberately). Cosmetic damage only. If they function, I can see buying a heck of a lot more.

Edited by EricW

I spent a day with the Magpul guys, shooting the snot out of the Masada. We talked about their magazines. Here's the test:

Load the magazine with 20-25 rounds. Push the stack down with a fingertip. If it snaps right up, you're good to go.

If it doesn't, it is from the bad batch. (No need to even shoot ammo.) They know about it, and all you do is send them back Attn: Drake Clark, and you'll get new ones.

If it fails the "stack-snap" test, yes.

The Masada is promised for 1st-quarter 2008, and if they all run like the ones I shot, we're going to see a whole new world. I was ahmmering steel, and as long as I left the suppressor off it ran like a champ.

They're working on the suppressor thing, not that we need worry about that for matches.

I shot it so much that by the time Sa-Ko got his hands on it, it was getting cranky with the "can" on it.

Sell the USGI mags for $12 at a gunshow and buy Pmags for $14 delivered from 44mag.com. You'll be miles ahead of trying to rework a mag with the $3 rebuild kits.

The only "interesting" thing I see with the Pmags is that the snap on dustcover is designed to push down the top round on a loaded mag - which I've never seen with any other mag. Say bye bye to the Orlite cracked feed lips...

The Masada is promised for 1st-quarter 2008, and if they all run like the ones I shot, we're going to see a whole new world. I was ahmmering steel, and as long as I left the suppressor off it ran like a champ.

They're working on the suppressor thing, not that we need worry about that for matches.

I shot it so much that by the time Sa-Ko got his hands on it, it was getting cranky with the "can" on it.

future "Future Weapon" episode

img2221nf6.jpg

The pre production guns that were shown off at the Shot Show looked darn good. At the time, they were saying end of year for delivery, so it does not sound like there has been any major snags in the project. At the price they were shooting for, I have to agree these things are going to create waves in the industry.

Interesting, that photo was taken in the low range rifle bay at Rio Salado.

Edited by Cactustactical

• 3 weeks later...

I've looked at the latest stuff on Magpul's website, and I can say that I will be in line for one also. The Masada looks like the answer to almost all of the problems associated with the AR 15 platform, while retaining the good things about the AR. I may have to sell a couple things to finance it, but the Masada is definitely on my major want list now. I may wait till after the gun has been on the market for a while, though, so they can work out any manufacturing bugs that always seem to crop up with early production anything, as per the Pmags. I particularly like the quick change barrel feature - with standard M-16 barrels no less!

I like Magpul! What a great, innovative, and honest company!

• 3 weeks later...

These people continue to amaze me. When some (not many, lucky for us) manufacturers think they can do no wrong, and that you should be lucky they produce their product, MAGPUL has done the smart thing again. What is it? They have not just let a minor imperfection, which affects a small percentage of rifle magazines, go without THEM calling OUR attention to it. They have gone beyond normal customer service and offered to fix the problem (when in my opinion they don't need to) at no charge! This is with mags that I had that were a-ok. They decided they were not. Magpul says PLEASE send them back for a not cost replacement.

Folks, these people deserve our business and our support to include calls to our congressmen to buy their product when they (MAGPUL) have decided it is good enough to sell to our government for the troops.

Man, this makes no sense, a company with an excellent product, and morals too?

Hell yea! I love being an American! These folks are the shining example of that.

Kudos!!!!

Guy Hawkins

Lubbock, Texas