Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Starline Brass by the "barrel"

Clint U66

I spoke to someone at a match today that said Starline offers a "barrel" of 38SC which consists of 12,000 pieces and is sold at a 15% discount if bought this way. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm gonna give them a call Tuesday and see what the "official" word is on this, just thought I'd see if any of you guys had ever heard this or had any details. Clint

I checked into it once.. it's true, but you have to buy a lot of brass.

Dealer/Bulk quantities are available in drums only. Minimum order: 3 drums.

For drum quantities and prices, call 1-800-280-6660

Clint,

If the order required is 3 drums and you need help pulling together that much, let me know and I will buy in. Since I have changed out my oddball bottleneck open gun for a 38 Super, I need the brass!

James Flowers

jameslflowers at hotmail.com

I am thinking you might be missing a zero Roy........

40 Brass will take 11000 in a 5 gallon bucket, 9mm will go about 18000. Never had a bucket of super, but it has to be somewhere between a shitload and a metric asspile......

The last that I ordered in 38 super, the drum was not a drum or bucket for that matter, but rectangular cardboard boxes wieghing 61lbs each and holding 6500 rounds each. Minimum order was 19500 or 3 drums/boxes for the discount.

40 Brass will take 11000 in a 5 gallon bucket, 9mm will go about 18000. Never had a bucket of super, but it has to be somewhere between a shitload and a metric asspile......

Damn metric system...what's the conversion here in the States? ;)

Damn metric system...what's the conversion here in the States? ;)

Don't you just love a good, graphical reference??? :lol::lol::lol:

dj

Here is what I found out from Starline today. You have to purchase 3 drums of 6500 pieces of brass (19,500 total) to get the discount. For 38 SC that is 116.00 per thousand shipped. In a nutshell you are saving eight dollars per thousand. Clint

HSMITH... Um, are you sure about the 9mm in a 5 gallon bucket? I once weighed what 1000 pieces of 9mm weighed and then extrapolated the weight of a 5 gallon bucket full of once fired 9mm. IIRC 5 gallons of 9mm came out to be between 8 and 9 thousand pieces by weight. Either way it was "quite a bit" and one heck of a pain in the um.. hand to try and lift.

Here is what I found out from Starline today. You have to purchase 3 drums of 6500 pieces of brass (19,500 total) to get the discount. For 38 SC that is 116.00 per thousand shipped. In a nutshell you are saving eight dollars per thousand. Clint

If ever a group buy will come into play, I'm in for 2K. Thanks.

sargenv, I am not sure at all. I once counted a 5 gallon bucket that was full to the top and thought it was something like 18K but that was years ago. It felt like 6 gillion counting it...

I just bought one that was about 80% full, it was 60 pounds, and I got well over 10K out of it by weight so far, there is still 6+ inches in the bucket too.

The only thing I am positive about is that a 5 gallon bucket holds a LOT of 9mm brass :D

I get about 9000 pieces of 9mm in a 5-gallon bucket. I know this because it would have greatly simplified my "storage system" if I'd been able to get a nice round 10k into a bucket, and it bugs me. :wacko:

Bruce

...it would have greatly simplified my "storage system" if I'd been able to get a nice round 10k into a bucket, and it bugs me. :wacko:

Bruce

So, stand in the bucket and jump up and down a bit - bet you can then squeeze in another thousand... :lol:

So, stand in the bucket and jump up and down a bit - bet you can then squeeze in another thousand...

Hey! No lip from you until you're done sorting and re-organizing your cleaning patches. :P