Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Job Interviews

Brian Payne

I have been an LEO for 28 yrs. Working for the same department for the last 20 yrs., been a Sgt. there for 11 yrs. Now the Chief retired and I am having my interview for the new postition in 45 minutes.

I haven't been through a job interview for over 20 years. I know more fear doing this than I ever remember when involved in fights or getting shot at. Kind of fun :D .

I had thought the only time I would be nervous for the rest of my normal life was just prior to the "beep" and after "Standby".

Keith. Yes, this is for the Chief of Police position, sorry I wasn't more clear on that.

The interview seemed to go well. A little like shooting a course of fire, and when you are done you really don't remember everything you did, just that it felt "right". Hopefully this will hold true.

My wife of seventeen years thinks it is about time I let the younger guys do all that chasing people stuff. Plus having nights, weekends, and Holidays off would be nice I guess.

Hoping for the best.

Hey Brian.....

Sounds like where ever you are located....your retirement system is as crappy as ours !!!! We can retire at 80%, after 28 YEARS !!!!!!!!!

I think the plan by Admin. is to work you to death before your time is actually up.....

Good luck with the promotion.

STInky

I could retire now but I am only 48 yrs. old so I plan on hanging in there until 55 yrs. old. I was lucky enough to start my carrier on my 20th. birthday. Graduated the academy at noon and in my first squad car by 1600 hrs. Back then the local bars still had red flashing lights on the roof to let squads know when a bar fight was taking place. 9-1-1 wasn't invented yet. Revolvers were the "tactical" weapon of choice, pump shotguns "ruled".

Thanks again guys.

Keith,

Can't make it to DPMS on Sunday because Tyler and I will be at CMMG in Missouri for that shoot. Too bad you couldn't make it, sounds like 1 in 3 shooters will be looking at a new weapon due to the great donations by the match sponsors.

Merlin

Look me up at CMMG and we can share a toast. When we are having that toast we can watch Benny beat the competition like a rented mule :D .

Thanks again guys.

Keith,

Can't make it to DPMS on Sunday because Tyler and I will be at CMMG in Missouri for that shoot. Too bad you couldn't make it, sounds like 1 in 3 shooters will be looking at a new weapon due to the great donations by the match sponsors

I forgot you were doing that match. Tear it up.

If I didn't have that pesky match director title for Saturdays SCAPSA match I would have thought seriously about the CMMG match.