Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tinkering With Things

carinab

You ever make one of those mistakes? The kind of thing where maybe you said something that you wish you could now take back? I made one of those mistakes and it's turned a situation that was on good terms into a bubbling pot of awkwardness and ill-ease. There aren't any "do overs" so I guess I will have to console myself with the adage "nothing ventured, nothing gained." I can't do more than apologize but I really hate that I got myself into the position where it was necessary to do so in the first place. Hopefully it will work itself right eventually.

Ugh... :(

I am totally bumed.

Here I thought you did something like put a weed eater motor on an open gun or built a clown car out of golf cart.

Time heals all wounds and if not just plead CRS (cant remember spit).

Hitman...she threw me off with the title too.

First...it just didn't make much sense on the shooting forum...shooters not tinkering??? Then I realized it wasn't one of the 'guy' members...then I realized it wasn't anything to do with a hammer, welder or dremel. :)

Carina...I hope it gets worked out.

Oh, you mean like what i did yesterday drinking guinness. took apart a glock to do some touch up polishing. in a span of a few minutes lost one spring cup and slide release.

All was found later on :lol:

Hope you get things worked out too. No need to beat yourself up ;)

Edited by jessej

Thanks guys...I feel less like a walking clown show now (versus a clown show driven in a modified golf cart ;) ) And Flex, I'm guilty as charged - all female. And the strawberry blonde thing just doesn't help either...All it means is that I do stupid things and get all ticked off about it afterwards... :P:lol:

Nope, this is another lesson in letting things take their course rather than trying to push them one way or another. I seem to keep forgetting that square pegs don't always fit into round holes regardless how large a hammer you swing.

I feel your pain. Just try doing that over-the-air with thousands of people listening and you have a potential lifelong embarrassment about to occur... depending on what it was that was said. :ph34r:

We all screw up now and then. :rolleyes:

Square peg in a round hole, huh...?

Huh Huh Huh????

Matchmaker? :huh: hehe

Aw Merlin, you had to go there didn't cha'.... For you edification, it's called a colloquial or idiomatic phrase and it is supposed to bring to mind a mental image. For example, for most it would suggest something that doesn't fit. I can only guess as to why you happened upon that particular image. If you actually suffer such a condition then might I suggest medical treatment? I would imagine having a square peg could be rather problematic. :P:D:lol:

BTW, how is the view down there in the gutter ? Do you get lots of spare change when it rains and floods? :lol::lol::lol:

Ugh, let me go put on my clown shoes again!!!!

Edited by carinab

Oh no! My thoughts were but of an unequal yoking between two friends or acquaintances- a mismatched couple, a matching of two who are so far apart that to find common ground is the equivalent of trying to... put a square peg in a round hole.. and now I see my pondering so misunderstood. And not only misunderstood but to be painted mentally in such a way as to suggest a sexual picture, some misshapen and perverted erotic image, was somehow connected to my thought process.

...... all I can picture in my mind is your clown shoes.... trampling me in the gutter you place me in :o

The smileys did make me feel better, though.... ;)

Edited by Merlin Orr

I can't even begin to tell you about all the knives I've ruined trying to sharpen them and all the sharpening gee gaws i've bought in the pursuit of trying to do the same, or the gun I took apart and couldn't get back together, or the slide I tried to tighten, or my home bluing job and turned out sort of multi colored........at some point you just got to laugh.

Oh no! My thoughts were but of an unequal yoking between two friends or acquaintances- a mismatched couple, a matching of two who are so far apart that to find common ground is the equivalent of trying to... put a square peg in a round hole.. and now I see my pondering so misunderstood. And not only misunderstood but to be painted mentally in such a way as to suggest a sexual picture, some misshapen and perverted erotic image, was somehow connected to my thought process.

...... all I can picture in my mind is your clown shoes.... trampling me in the gutter you place me in :o

The smileys did make me feel better, though.... ;)

See...this is what I mean....you misunderstand, jump to the wrong conclusion, say the wrong thing, and whammo....clown shoes. I might need to ask Pharoah Bender where he gets his.... :lol:

Edited by carinab

• 2 weeks later...
You ever make one of those mistakes? The kind of thing where maybe you said something that you wish you could now take back?

Ugh... :(

For the icing on the whole situation, I just did...

:(