Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jim Celebrates Earth Day....my Way

GentlemanJim

Happy Earth day :D

I had a GREAT Earth day...I changed the oil in my 32 ford coupe then poured most of the old oil on some red ant dens in my yard.

Warmed up the coupe and did a few Burn outs on the hiway close to my house :D

Released some captive lead back into nature :)

I put a new drive belt in my grand daughters dune buggy and topped it off with gas...so they can do their part this afternoon :)

I Plan to finish off the day with an ice cold coke and take a pee in the front yard!

jim :D

Edited by GentlemanJim

Is today earth day? If so we drove 200 miles worth of burnt diesel to witness thousands of rounds of lead go into the earth and along with the burnt gunpowder in the air to get the job done. This evening we plan on firing up the charcoal grill to contribute to the greenhouse gases. Maybe it will help warm things up around here. We did have the coldest beginning to April in recorded history. That global warming stuff is to blame for the cold I suppose. :wacko:

To top it all off I think I will burn the trash pile tonight.

I am going outside now to lay upon the bosom of my Mother Earth and press my face into the warm rich dirt which is both the Alpha and Omega of mankind. :rolleyes:

Hard to believe you've had that much to drink this early in the day. B)

I mowed 15 acres today. Between the diesel fuel to do that and the dead grass that won't be taking any carbon out of the atmosphere now that it's dead I think I did my part for Earth Day.

Good idea Chuck! Time to fire up the grill for dinner. :)

It was a fairly simple Earth Day for me. Over at a buddy's house helping him build some cabinets out of cherry ply. Lunch was grilled shrimp and burgers off the gas grill. We each added ~30,000 grains of lead to his back yard and I burned at least 6 gallons of gas getting out there and back. I didn't measure the gas he poured on the weeds in the bay but it worked quite well in killing them.

Have fun!

John

And to think all we did was burn a couple of trailer houses for training.

A little hot

This one came from the third burn in the same trailer. I had a couple new guys and was trying to get them used to a judging the heat a little better. Check out my helmet and goggles....might a got a little too hot :P

I really feel like my wife and I did our part as well. First thing in the morning a went to the range and burned off about 1000 rounds. Then went home and ran about 4 hours of diesel through the Kubota. Spent about another 4 hours between Sat and Sun running back and forth to the landscape place; after all, you have to plant something on earth day. Planted some extra trees we bought to really make sure that I won't be able to see our new neighbors house from our front porch. Planted some more stuff that the deer love to eat and then sprayed it down with repellent so the woodland created stay the hell away (they can eat the neighbors stuff). Then we finished the day by firing up the grill form some burgers and dogs.

Can't wait until next earth day..... :lol:

:( Red Ants!!! no say it aint so. I will trade you 1,000 of your nice red ants for just two of our Fire Ants. Keep your red ants strong = they may be your best army to defend you from the Fire Ants :unsure:

Our Fire ants Drink Gas with a straw out of our gas tank at night :unsure:

Well, I guess that I'm a little more earth conscious. Shot a match 4 hours away on AikiDale's turf, and half way home, had linner (lunch/dinner) at a Mexican restaurant. Natural gas is still gas ;-)

I do recycle cans...it's a fun way to pay for bullets and match fees

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

:( Red Ants!!! no say it aint so. I will trade you 1,000 of your nice red ants for just two of our Fire Ants. Keep your red ants strong = they may be your best army to defend you from the Fire Ants :unsure:

Our Fire ants Drink Gas with a straw out of our gas tank at night :unsure:

:lol::lol::lol:

I spent part of earth day raining death and destruction on a few local fire ants. Too bad no one in the family has any more Chlordane, that was a sure cure to any fire ants in the yard.

I sprayed my infested ferns with a hefty dose of Malathion...

I sent a number of rounds downrange, squandering lead, copper and all that...

I used dangerous chemicals to clean one of my guns...

Then I threw the chemical-soaked newspapers into the trash...

I reluctantly bought gas so I could go out and take pix of people fishing in filthy waterways...

I bought MORE gas (a gas dollar doesn't go NEARLY as far as it did a few weeks ago)...

I ate two corned beef sandwiches--probably soaked in toxic chemicals for ages before it reached me...

And not to mention the chemicals the cow was forced to ingest prior to death...

I recycled a bunch of stuff into the bins provided here, knowing that most of it will simply be thrown into some landfill...

:rolleyes:

Washed the winter's dust off of the Vette. Took a drive down along the coast, and saw the cleanup from last week's Northeaster. Added to the inventory of 12 ga low recoil slugs, then stopped for lunch. Upon arrival home, dragged out the grill and made "Beer Can Chicken" The sun was out, and it was a good day!

Spent most of the afternoon with a good friend communing with nature yesterday. Afterwards we cleaned all the nature we caught and tonight I'm going to bake some with a little lemon, butter, and cayenne seasoning. Mmmmm, nature sure is tasty. Thanks Mama Earth.

:D

Not in time for Earth Day, but Someday Soon I have to fire up the machinery and pressure-wash the moss and other "nature" off my driveway. With any luck, the runoff will find its way one of the big storm-water retention ponds ... um... I mean, the "fragile wetlands eco-systems" that dot the landscape up here.

B