Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Battery

Airic

Dry-fire indoors I keep it on the lowest setting possible, and never forget to turn it off. It may dim after 4-6 weeks, but is still usable indoors.

It might not suit you (or I) for outdoor matches in the sun at that point, since I like to turn mine up until it hurts to look directly at it ;)

I found a deal for the 1.5 v A76 ( LR44 ) batteries. I paid 35.00 for 100 of them. now I change C-More batteries 2 times a month and I figure I can keep doing it for the next couple of years.

http://www.microbattery.com/

Look under special offers. About 1/2 way down the page on the right.

I can't seem to locate Huston's $35 special, but this seems to be 100 for $20:

Atomic LR44/A76 Batteries

-Chet

I also use the 2 x LR44 batteries, and dry fire almost every day. at this price I change them before every BIG match, or at least once a month. that means the the 100 will last 4 years!

But to help answer your question, at the end of the month there is NO noticable dimming of the dot.

I just checked with wwmicrobattery.com also.

I entered "CR1/3N" under search.

It came back with a deal for 100 batteries for $195.00.

If you are buying 100 of the batteries that you need 2 of each to work with, it comes to the same cost.

So, I might as well by the right battery: CR1/3N At a $1.95 each is a lot better deal that I get a Radio Shack for a five bucks a piece.

Come to think about it. I think I'll buy some to keep in stock on the shelf at my Store. Maybe I can sell them to you guys for $2.95 make a buck and still sell them cheaper than Radio Shack ... ;)B)

If you are buying 100 of the batteries that you need 2 of each to work with, it comes to the same cost.

Hmm... one of us is doing our math wrong.

I just placed an order for 4 of the 25-x blister packs of Maxell LR44s (the "kind you need 2 of each to work with"), for $31.80 ($7.95 x 4).

Allowing that I need to use two, that means I have 50 "sets" for about $0.64 each, versus $1.95 for one of the "right battery".

ymmv

B

Hmm... one of us is doing our math wrong.

I just placed an order for 4 of the 25-x blister packs of Maxell LR44s (the "kind you need 2 of each to work with"), for $31.80 ($7.95 x 4).

Allowing that I need to use two, that means I have 50 "sets" for about $0.64 each, versus $1.95 for one of the "right battery".

ymmv

B

Oooops!!! My bad!

Just re-read and noticed it says $35.00 and not $95.00 :o:(

Still, their prices for the "correct" battery is very, very good.

You have to buy the blister packs and if you order 4 its 7.95 per pack the shipping for 4 packs was 2 bucks . Here is my invoice

M-LR44 BP-25 0 4 Maxell A76 Alkaline Mang 1.5V Blister 25pcs 7.95 31.80

Subtotal 31.80

Shipping/Handling Cost (POSTAL USA / CAN 2-12 Day) 2.00

Total $33.80

I've tried some of the cheap CR1/3n batteries from e-bay. I didn't like them at all. I have used the CR1/3N's from Microbattery and they are very good. As good as the Energizers or Duracells. I went with the Maxell a-76 batteries 'cause I tend to leave the damn C-more on after dry fire and would rather kill 65 cents worth of batteries then 2 or 3 dollars worth.

I found a deal for the 1.5 v A76 ( LR44 ) batteries. I paid 35.00 for 100 of them. now I change C-More batteries 2 times a month and I figure I can keep doing it for the next couple of years.

http://www.microbattery.com/

Look under special offers. About 1/2 way down the page on the right.

I can't seem to locate Huston's $35 special, but this seems to be 100 for $20:

Atomic LR44/A76 Batteries

-Chet

http://shopping.microbattery.com/s.nl/it.A...&category=1

Edited by Huston in Austin

I just had a nice converstion with the nice folks a Micro Battery. I just found out they happen to be my neighbors, sort of. Their warehouses are only a fifteen minute ride from my Shop/Store.

I will be picking up (no shipping fees) an order of batteries to keep in stock. Thanks for the great tip. :);)B)

I love the prices there at Microbattery. 1 to 4 packs for $20 each. 5 to 9 packs for $15 each. So for $80 you can get 400 batteries or for $75 you can 500. Or you could get 1300 batteries cheaper than 1000. :blink::lol:

Buy 5 packs worth and sell 400 of the batteries to your buddies for a quarter a battery and make $100 and still have 100 batteries for yourself.. ROFL

Joe W.