Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Really Bad Shooting Instruction Vids

Ok, so I'm trying to find the link to that guy (I think[/b] he's an Aussie...) who shoots weak eyed with the gun canted over.. that we all so completely maligned a long time ago?? :D I wanted to send the link to a friend for humorous purposes...

Can anyone help? I have no idea how to even begin to search on that stuff, not being able to remember names, and all... :lol:

Paul Castle...from center axis relock..look under sabretactical.com....i think...have never gone through this training but I have seen guys who have...kinda shady stuff..lots of numbers but no real facts...happy hunting.

Pat

When I worked fo the "G" we saw this guy's stuff, he sent us all kinds of tough guy clips.

I was trying to convince my bosses boss to pop for the FLETC instructor course...

I gathered them to watch this guys vid. Best dead pan, straight man delivery I ever did.

"Sir, I wanted you to see this, it's another vendor we could go with..."

Yup, that's all it took. B)

well.. it is better than no training, I have been working with one of his instructors a lot. Just shooting I've been getting him into competition and we have been playing around a lot.

His tactics for super close CQB are pretty sound.. they blend well with hand to hand fighting. But as for distance and marksmanship, it's a whole different world. it has no place in what we do for ipsc.. but it's better than no training. and does have it's place... i have to admit a few hours of laughing the first time i saw it.

This is one of my favorites..

Reaction video

thanks for bringing this up again..just made my afternoon in the office go a little faster.

HEHE. Very sexy and tactical.

Fast splits except first shot is a Miss for sure, at 3 feet no less. Watch the hole appear off the target, on left. I can't verify if the second hit either, but does it matter? ;)

nothing tactical but that....ohh wait nevermind saw all the velcro and black fabric..MUST be tactical...more to follow..I have hear rumors that this guy got slam dunked by some very reputable US shooting instroctors. Like I said earlier, some of our local sheriff's guys went through this training and espoused it as gospel. When we integrated tactical teams for joint training it was...well interesting..but everyone dunks thier own cookie..

pat

nothing tactical but that....ohh wait nevermind saw all the velcro and black fabric..MUST be tactical...more to follow..I have hear rumors that this guy got slam dunked by some very reputable US shooting instroctors. Like I said earlier, some of our local sheriff's guys went through this training and espoused it as gospel. When we integrated tactical teams for joint training it was...well interesting..but everyone dunks thier own cookie..

pat

From THAT guy it's gospel. How's things Pat??

Go find the thread on DRM and give us your take on that.

No, wait, Pat's a tactical guy who CAN shoot, so I guess he doesn't count. :ph34r:

Mall Ninjas of the world unite!!!

I think the one that really sticks in my mind is the instructor in the classroom who accidently shoots himself, and he tells the students to stay, as many of them are scared as hell, running out of the classroom. Like he is going to still teach the class. Maybe someone has a clip of that one also.

As far as the reaction clip, he was more effective with hitting the target with his gun, than his actual hits at that distance. Insane

I see these type of teachers all the time. These loud instructors who think they know everything there is to know about self defense with a pistol. I just listen to what they have to say in the next berm, and try to stop myself from laughing while I practice. But whats crazy about it, is that they usually have a good turnout of students, which is kinda scarry.

Somthing tells me that the Egret stance is just as effective at the ranges this guy uses.

I think there was a vid last year on Shooting USA of Jerry shooting a plate rack at 10 yds with a revolver with no sights, holding it us-side down, and pulling the trigger with his pinky and he still shot it faster than many others can.

With his outfit I wonder if he is related to the MallNinja.

I do like how he always starts out with the gun unholstered. With a two-handed from the hip shooting "system", GENIUS!

I never thought shooting a distance where you can touch the target required a "system" let alone a full on instruction course. I always thought just holding th gun and pointing my arm at the target and shooting as fast as possible was the answer but I guess I could be wrong.

His high speed clips are even better. Wow, he can shoot his glock at a target 3 feet away and get .16 splits. Holy crap! Oh wait, Taran can get faster aimed splits on targets much farther away with a glock.

Funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh.

This is one of my favorites..

Reaction video

thanks for bringing this up again..just made my afternoon in the office go a little faster.

Ive seen and taken instruction in the use of a gun as a contact weapon. It was from a pretty well known IPSC 3Gunner as well.

The bladed retention point shooting, no, BC didn't teach us that, for sure. ;)

Ive seen and taken instruction in the use of a gun as a contact weapon. It was from a pretty well known IPSC 3Gunner as well.

The bladed retention point shooting, no, BC didn't teach us that, for sure. ;)

I've seen some of his training vids... ;) Striking techniques are definitely viable, and good to know - I especially like the assisted (ie, using off hand) "flat side" strike...

I also get tickled when starts talking about "speaking in Braille" :lol:

Ok, so I'm trying to find the link to that guy (I think[/b] he's an Aussie...) who shoots weak eyed with the gun canted over.. that we all so completely maligned a long time ago?? :D I wanted to send the link to a friend for humorous purposes...

Can anyone help? I have no idea how to even begin to search on that stuff, not being able to remember names, and all... :lol:

I'm nut sure this was ever linked....but very "educational" also.

Enjoy, :D

MALL NINJA

Edited by TheHun

MALL NINJA

omg does springfield know about this. lol

MALL NINJA

Thinking I would find something entertaining to watch this early at work, I clicked...I watched...I winced. THAT was freaking scary. The burning targets at the end, nice touch...I now must own incendiary rounds in .45ACP to try this at my local range. The RO would love it. :ph34r:

There is a thread about this very thing going on in Glock Talk right now under the Tactics and Training section. Very interesting :blink:

KS

Thinking I would find something entertaining to watch this early at work, I clicked...I watched...I winced. THAT was freaking scary. The burning targets at the end, nice touch...I now must own incendiary rounds in .45ACP to try this at my local range. The RO would love it. :ph34r: