Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show Us Your Motorcycles, official BE motorcycle thread.

ErikW

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting....it seems a majority of the bike pics posted here are sport (performance) bikes.....hmm...what's that tell you? :D I wanna go fast comes to mind!

Edited by SteveZ

Bike_042.jpg ( 149.92k ) Number of downloads: 1

Not too shabby! Almost right to the edge ;-)

Now let's see some cornerin' flap hanging off those sidewall junctures folks! :ph34r::P

It is not surprising that most competitive shooters like to go faaaasst!

<_< Hmmmm I know there have to be other Harley riders out there....this is my latest baby.

How about an old Harley! This is a picture of my dad on his new 1939 Harley. He bought it new when he was discharged from the Navy. He got out in Virginia and this picture was taken shortly after he got home in Belt, Montana. He said that it was a long, lonely ride.

post-6529-1175144891.jpg

Bike_042.jpg ( 149.92k ) Number of downloads: 1

Not too shabby! Almost right to the edge ;-)

That was right up to the edge. The little Michelin man and the tire direction arrows that are on the edge were gone. That picture was right after a track day.

Just yankin' yer' chain a tad Bob! Anyone who wears the edges the same as the center is actually using their tires ;-)

Most folks never lose the casting nubs anywhere but at the center of their tires <_<:rolleyes:

I usta' run Michelin S-41's front and Goodyear KR-91's rear on my street RD-350's back in the day. The S-41 was a round profile tire and the KR-91 was a V profiled one. I actually wore the top of the tire marking off the sidewalls on all my S-41's from laying the KR-91 right onto it's fat edge in the sweepers. Pushin' the front a tad more than the rear kept the frame from bucking too bad on those danged bikes. Lotsa' motor, just enough brakes and no chassis whatsoever :P

Flat spot in center = backmarker ;-)

Seriously, back in the day, it was typical to size someone up by the wear areas on their tires, how scuffed the pegs and levers were and how many layers of duct tape was holding their toes inside the ground off boot tips.

Everything on the bikes scraped pavement back then, the trick was to keep scraping it until you ground off a little more clearance ;-)

Me and my old 900cc 'Blade...

blade.jpg

My new 1000cc V Twin fire breathing, window shaking, earth quaking, heart breaking SP2!

sp2.jpg

sp2-race-track.jpg

mick-race-day.jpg

"...NOTHIN' ELSE MATTERS!"

www.team-mtrain.net.au

Edited by M-TRAIN

Here is the day to day wear on my pegs and boots. When I ride her to her limits the front pegs get folded up and I use the passenger pegs.

M-TRAIN I really need to meet some of your pit crew.

Boots--peg.jpg

Peg-grind.jpg

Edited by Craiger

My Honda CBR 929 RR

CBR929RR.jpg

Pics from my trip through the Rocky Mountains last year:

http://henningshootsguns.com/pages/2006_Bi...For20Years.html

'05 I took it to Area 4 in Louisiana and a nice trip to San Diego up the coast to San Fran:

http://henningshootsguns.com/pages/2005_sandiego.html

my brother in law had a nice honda like that...well it wasn't bumble bee color. :)

his was red.

lynn

Some bikes from the years past. We still have the Mini Chopper and 99 Fat Boy (top 2)

2005 Big Dog Choppper

2002 Big Dog Pitbull rigid

200X V Star - wifes

sold those 3

9526443_1024.ts1175223072000.jpg

9524552_1024.ts1175219204000.jpg

9526146_1024.ts1175222629000.jpg

9526218_1024.ts1175222753000.jpg

9524397_1024.ts1175218999000.jpg

Edited by dstroyed

First pic: 2000 Honda RVT1000R RC51 and me taken at Texas World Speedway in College Station.

Second pic: same bike, but with a nitrous tank mounted on the subframe as a joke! Got some very sideways glances that day as I rode it around town. :D

Third pic: 2000 Honda VTR1000F Superhawk, with a few mods...

Sadly, both are now gone. Wife isn't real fond of motorcycles. <_<

post-7974-1175225781.jpg

post-7974-1175226044.jpg

post-7974-1175226121.jpg

quote name='George' date='Mar 29 2007, 08:44 AM' post='533331']

MTrain, with a pit crew like that, I wouldn't be spendin' much time on the actual track ;-)

Here is the day to day wear on my pegs and boots. When I ride her to her limits the front pegs get folded up and I use the passenger pegs.

M-TRAIN I really need to meet some of your pit crew.

Some more of my..."Pit crew!" B)

pit-crew1.jpg

Dsc00657.jpg

pitcrew3.jpg

"...NOTHIN' ELSE MATTERS!"

Well....it's not my bike, but one that tried to run from me a couple years ago. The 18 year old rider decided he really didn't want a speeding ticket.....

It was a Yamaha R1 1000 with some racing mods. The kid hadn't had it very long and wasn't able to handle that much power.

Don't forget to check out the last photo. It is a pic of the box-truck this kid ran in to at approx. 130MPH. After impact he flew over the handlebars, through the roll-up door of the truck, and came to rest inside in the truck amongst all the boxes.

In case you were wondering, he was wearing a helmut. This saved his life. He was air-lifted to the nearest trama center, where he was released the next day with no broken bones or internal injuries !!!

post-3426-1175371352.jpg

post-3426-1175371370.jpg

post-3426-1175371387.jpg

post-3426-1175371401.jpg