Ipsc Class For 8 Shot Revolver?

twister

Welcome to the Forum!

For the USPSA answer go to page 99 here:

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/Handgun_15th_2004.pdf

Short answer: Start in revo and shoot 6 or shoot open

For the IPSC answer go to page 93 here:

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/Handgun_15th_2004.pdf

Short answer: Start in revo and shoot in revo with one procedural penalty per shot over 6.

Have fun,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

Stay with the 8 shot and learn how to count for revo class. I shoot mine in USPSA in all the divisions. Revo, Open, Limited, L-10, and production as long as the holster and mag pouches are behind the apex of the hip. I also shoot a .38 Colt Short and declare minor as my load is similiar to a 9MM. I shoot alot of steel too.

Most important is to have fun and good trigger time.

Divisions that make sense:

Revolver - count to 6 and reload

Limited 10 - shoot all 8 and whatever gear you run is fine

Production - this division makes sense in 2008 because you can then wear your ammo in front rather than having to keep you ammo behind the apex of the hip which is the case this year.

The best is to run Revolver or Limited 10.

And Revolver Division is the interesting one.

For all you USPSA guys....there is no L-10 in IPSC.

Twister. You can shoot revo class and if you lose count, it is only a procedural.

To shoot limited, the gun has to fit in the IPSC box. Has anyone tried that??

You can always shoot open class and if it is a local match for fun, why not??

Production would work but you have to abide by the equipment rules.

I think your best bet is revolver.

Cliff

Twister, if you are shooting outside the US you would be under IPSC.

IF you are shooting inside the US the matches(with rare exception) would be under USPSA.

LOL, ask a simple question, get a bunch of seemingly complex, roundabout answers......

Depending on your club, if USPSA, you'd probably just get ribbed real bad for not counting and popping the 7th shot. That is if there are any other Revo shooters in your club.

Big Matches are a different story. You definitely need to count to 6 and if you accidently go further own up to it. The good will amongst the other Revolver Competitors would be worth more than a placque. I've tried at times, but so far I haven't been able to upset any of the Revo guys. Then it might not be pretty if they do get P.O.'d!

Other Divisions are L10, where you can play with whatever gear you have. In Production you have to use specific type of gear, not the usual gamey stuff, and it has to be behind the hip bones (for now).

Welcome and Good Luck.

I was looking at the rules, and it looks to me like you could shoot production. Any S&W revolver, with a barrel length up to 8.5" That would include the 627. Your equipment would have to meet the placement regs. 38 specials at 125 power factor would be pretty soft to shoot.

Any comments or actual experiences?