Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Tape?

Tattoo

TruGrip is the one :D

Use it on my play Glock and work Glock, just don't get it too close to the paint on your truck :blink::lol:

Tried the others and nothing comes close to TruGrip

barry B)

Use it on my play Glock and work Glock, just don't get it too close to the paint on your truck :blink::lol:

And in our next lesson, we teach you wily LEO's how to drag the butt of your gun along the side of some loudmouth turd's Mercedes. :lol:

Don't listen to Eric, Tru-grip is the only way to go.

Tru-grips flex and stretch and stay on and are very reasonably priced for a set of three. Over time, the surface wears a little but it depends on how much you shoot. The courseness of the surface is just right so that you still have sensitivity compared to standard skate tape which is too rough.

I used to have my S_I grips custom altered but now with Tru-grip, I just throw them on and never look back. All my Glocks are wrapped except for my off-duty.

I also recommend Tru-grip to all our Academy students and try to get them during training. Increasing friction between the hands and gun makes a world of differrence, especially on issued Glocks.

Haven't tried it on cars (yet :ph34r: )but seems like every doorway at home is scratched up about waist high.

MAN! Little did I know asking about grip tape would lead to this long a discussion!

I am looking forward to the TRU-GRIP getting here. I do move my hand around some on my reloads to press the stock mag release, so I hope it is not too "sticky/grippy"

for that. But, it sounds like lotsa guys like it and I know that Glock grip can get slippery.

Anyway, cool deal.

I do move my hand around some on my reloads to press the stock mag release, so I hope it is not too "sticky/grippy"

for that. But, it sounds like lotsa guys like it and I know that Glock grip can get slippery.

Anyway, cool deal.

Initially it's fairly grippy ---- but it can be worn down to an acceptable level fairly quickly. Then, at least in my experience, it stays there for several years......

Tried 'em all, but TruGrip is the best IMO, especially when hands are dripping with sweat during summer matches here in Louisiana and Mississippi. Tames the slip on that slick Glock plastic just right, no matter how the temps and humidity climb ;)

I'm just too cheap to buy trugrip or agrip. The agrip feels very good in the hand, but it's just way too expensive.

I've got a panel of skateboard tape on the weak side of my pistol, and a small patch of it on the strong side, where my middle and ring finger lower joint contact. This gives me plenty of grip, but I can still shift if necessary.

Oh, and also a small strip on the slide, for racking. Back when I was trying to load 20 in a mag, I couldn't rack due to pressure.

As for sticking, I haven't had any problems with the skate tape. It stayed on with no peeling, and came off easily when I replaced it. Just use the old chunk as a template for the new chunk.

Lastly, the new tape was wearing my hand pretty thin, so I just sanded down a 2x4 for a while with my G35, and everything is perfect!

H.

Recieved mine yesterday. Took my time with installation, and it works perfectly. Look good, and feel better. No problem at all when shifting grip if needed. can't wait to try them this weekend!

Package of 3 grips should last awhile ;)

Thanks for the quick delivery EW

Luv'um

The Negative One stuff, that TruGrip has been made with lately, goes on incredibly easily and securely.

Two years ago, or so, when I first bought it, you really did need to be a Zen master, 'cause it took a *lot* of patience and stretching, though in all cases, the finished application remained excellent.

I love the stuff, especially after it's slightly worn. Use about a pack a year.

I tried Decal Grip and found that it shifted too much with use. A-Grip worked well enough. The two problems I had with it - 1. It is designed to cover the mag relase and I did not like that. A little surgery with a modelling knife fixed that. But the tape shifted a little with use and I had to keep on forcing it back to where cutouts alligned properly. 2. It covers up the trigger housing pin. I had cut small holes to give access to the pin, but had the same problem with the shifring of the tape. Unlike the mag release I needed to access the pins a lot less and the hole is a lot smaller but it was harder to re-align the holes to the proper place. I still have A-grip on my G-19 that I use infrequently. It holds up fine with moderate use.

For the heavy use on my G-35 I switched to Tru-Grip and am extremely happy with it. It covers what needs to be covered and does not cover what needs to be exposed. It does not shift at all with use.

Slav

Man.....Got some rounds down range today (match tomorrow), and I love the Tru-Grips! Much better then the half a$$ job I did with some grip tape I had.

Can't say enough about how much I like'um!

I would recommend them to anyone who wants that type of texture.......Smooth, but grippy.

Hey all,

I could'nt wait and put my TRU-GRIP's on last night. My hands were still cracked

from all the denatured alcohol I used :D But, better safe than sorry.

Anyway, Very nice directions and easy to understand too. Grips went on perfect!

It took me about 45 minutes and I was really anal about it. They look awesome!

Played around dry firing with them last night and I think they feel great. I tried them again today after I ran on the treadmill and was sweating like a pig and my hand stuck

right in the grip..... excellent. I used my G23 for a comparison with no TRU-GRIP

and it felt like I was trying to grab a greased pig :blink: I think I like 'em.

I can't wait to try shooting some with them to really try them out w/ recoil. I'll

let ya know how it works out. Thanks again for the input from all.

T

Alright I made it out to do some shootin today. Again I took my G22 w/ TRU-GRIP and

my G23 w/o it for a comparison. Shot some .40 minor reloads and a box of WWB.

First off the TRU-GRIP worked great for keeping my hand from moving around. Especially

half way through a mag and I was sweatin alittle. .40 minor was not a big deal

of the difference between G22 and G23. But, it was still better w/ grip tape.

With the WWB you could really tell a big difference with the TRU-GRIP. My hand was stuck.

The only downside I found was that I do tend the find the gun in the holster and then slide

my hand to the right spot and draw. Which tended to not work good with the TRU-GRIP.

I really had to focus on grabbing the gun in the right position on my initial grab and then

draw or it was hard to move my hand if I grabbed it wrong. I'll have to work on it.

Overall, I am still glad I got the TRU-GRIP. Thanks Eric W.

T

And in our next lesson, we teach you wily LEO's how to drag the butt of your gun along the side of some loudmouth turd's Mercedes. :lol:

hmmmmmm....... ;)