Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooter Connection Mags?

North

I bought a 170 and a couple of 140's from chuck to use for reloading reps in dry fire. I took them out to the range just to see if they worked and they are all 100%

Couldn't say the same for the SV mags I bought prior to that for the same purpose. Those looked like they were run over and then run over just make sure they were dead.

Is there a reason they have mags 6 bucks cheaper than everyone else? Is this just a good deal, or are these factory seconds?

I bought one of those 140's to find out the same thing, took some Brasso and elbow grease to it, threw a Grams spring/follower in it and it runs as good as my "tuned" mags at nearly three times the price...last tuned mags I ever buy!

Is there a reason they have mags 6 bucks cheaper than everyone else? Is this just a good deal, or are these factory seconds?

Smart ass answer.

If it would make you feel better to pay 6.00 more I can arrange that.

Real answer.

If STI had 2nds and i was selling a second i would be upfront about specifying that fact.

STI has had a major military contract that has caused mags to be in short supply so I figure everybody else has taken any discounts off. STI allows us to discount 10% which is exactly what I discount some of the popular mags. I ordered 200 mags way back in November, in fact when the elections were held so I have not run out, came close, and have plenty for the time being.

Hello: All my STI 40 mags came from Chuck at Shooters Connection. The last ones I received were the 126mm tubes only since he did'nt have any full magazines. He is great guy to deal with and will tell you honestly what works and what does not. He will also tell you if you need it or not. Now I just have to save up for another STI slide. Thanks Eric

Hello: All my STI 40 mags came from Chuck at Shooters Connection. The last ones I received were the 126mm tubes only since he did'nt have any full magazines. He is great guy to deal with and will tell you honestly what works and what does not. He will also tell you if you need it or not. Now I just have to save up for another STI slide. Thanks Eric

guess i did run out for a short time. sorry eric

Thanks for the great replies.

No Offense intended Chuck, I'm still not used to dealing people in the BENOS Universe. I'll be placing a decent size order in the next week or so. I like the prices on your holster rigs also.

Thanks

Clint

Edited by North

Thanks for the great replies.

No Offense intended Chuck, I'm still not used to dealing people in the BENOS Universe. I'll be placing a decent size order in the next week or so. I like the prices on your holster rigs also.

Thanks

Clint

No offense. Dont blame you for being cautious in todays atmosphere. I bought a new keyboard & mouse on Ebay and missed the small print that said it was a refurb. So many in that arena try to hide those facts. Its common for first time customers to be cautious.

I've known/bought from Chuck since I think 1999 (?) and can say that no one in this business is better when it comes to customer service and giving you the straight poop on what works and what doesn't. For those that don't know, Chuck is a damn good shooter too!

Rich

I've known/bought from Chuck since I think 1999 (?) and can say that no one in this business is better when it comes to customer service and giving you the straight poop on what works and what doesn't. For those that don't know, Chuck is a damn good shooter too!

Rich

Was the first time we had lunch with Matt at PF Changs in Vegas?

Edited by chuckbradley

Awesome memory. Soon after I picked up a bag, holster parts for my then 011 and a bunch of other little things.

Rich

P.S. There too was the time when either you or Kevin Coomer(?) came out to the west side and play at the Golden Gate in Richmond, CA.

Edited by uscbigdawg

I loved that match & trip. San Francisco is a beautiful city. In fact I took the family through there on a cross country vacation this last summer. 6000 miles in 16 days.

Kevin hasnt shot match in over a year. He has been busy with TSA. He moved up pretty high and even was doing some work in DC and was offered a position there but decided not to move his family into that rat race.

I hear it at least once a week. Somebody who got out of the sport for a period of years because of other priorities in life coming back to do it again. Its hard to leave completely.

• 3 weeks later...

Made my order and got my stuff. Great service, even when I was stupid. I Highly recomend to everyone.

Thanks again Chuck

Clint

And I forgot to ad the 6.00. Hope you arent disappointed. :lol:

Chuck Bradley is A GREAT DEALER!!!!!!!!!!! He helped me a lot of time also if im so far because im in Italy and his patience for customs needs is mythical!!!!!!!

For me he's the number one!

• 3 weeks later...

Over 10 yrs I've bought from Chuck:

1 lim gun

2 open guns

too many parts, mags, gear, and accessories to count (very possibly more $$$ spent on this catch all category than on the guns)

Top notch service, always!

• 4 weeks later...