Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Adjustable Sights To The Far Right

Cotys

The G35 I bought/stole a month ago had the rear sight cranked all the way to the right. The gun looked to have had at most 50 rounds through it. Gun shop owner said the gun shot way to the left and that I might want to look at another gun.

Took it home centered the funky Glock sight and proceded to shoot the center out of a 2" Shoot-N-C at 25 yds.

Moral of the story - many shooters jerk/milk the trigger. When the wrist breaks to the left guess where the bullet goes.

• 2 months later...
Not many of us here with perfect technique, it seems.

:D:lol:;)

Mine also shoots to the left-my sights are way to the right. I've been thinking about getting a different sight set up for my G34 as well. I'd be interested in hearing other people's set ups-I'm assuming that with the sight tool, this is a DIY job? Could the same tool be used to drift it over a bit so that the sight appears more centered?

I'm assuming that with the sight tool, this is a DIY job?

Yes.

Could the same tool be used to drift it over a bit so that the sight appears more centered?

Yes, though I believe you'll find that having your bullets hit point of impact/point of aim is more important than whether or not the sight appears centered.

Mine also shoots to the left-my sights are way to the right. I've been thinking about getting a different sight set up for my G34 as well. I'd be interested in hearing other people's set ups-I'm assuming that with the sight tool, this is a DIY job? Could the same tool be used to drift it over a bit so that the sight appears more centered?

Mine seemed to of centered itself after a week of dry firing.

Mine seemed to of centered itself after a week of dry firing.

They vibrate that much? Would red locktite help?

They vibrate that much? Would red locktite help?

No.

Im just saying that I was shooting low left and would of swore that the sights was off but after a lot of dry firing and paying attention to the front sight and too trigger pull I fixed my low left problem.

On a side note I have had a problem with my adjustable sights on my Glock and went to a fixed sight.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a G19, with the rear sight slid over to the right also. However, even after doing that I was still shooting to the left. So, I did the dry-fire practise, and sure enough I'm milking the grip. With lots of practise, it's shooting to point of aim now.... but I haven't been able to move the sight back to center yet, which only tells me I have more work to do. My wife's sights are dead center and she doesn't seem to have a problem. Women!!

• 2 months later...

Not to belabor a point, but when I started shooting, my groups were to the left, so I adjusted my G34 sights accordingly. After doing numerous sight changes to other adjustable sights (Meprolights, DP, etc.) and going through about 24K rounds, I finally got a set of Warren Tacticals fixed sights. I put them on dead-center and was immediately shooting <1" groups at 25'.

Of course I left at times when I'm shooting aimed-pairs, but practice makes perfect! Proper grip seemed to be key for me, more than milking the trigger. What I try to remember is to apply grip pressure with the palm of my hands versus my fingers.

Good Luck! :rolleyes:

Edited by The Outsider

mine shot to the right this weekend.

This is getting annoying. :) :) :)

It's not the GUN 'shooting to the right'... They're going right where you're telling them to. YOU are shooting to the right.

I wondered how all of you guys are doing this collectively, but then it occurred to me: I've never even shot a Glock with factory adjustables on it. My guns all have quality sights on them. :)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 1 month later...

I wonder...IF you are shooting decent-sized groups...and POA/POI are "together"...does it REALLY make any difference if your sights are "Centered", drifted to the right a bit, or even drifted to the LEFT some??? Correct me if I'm wrong...and I'm wrong QUITE OFTEN, just ask my Wife, but...isn't "Sighting In" a Pistol a pretty PERSONAL thing??? How many of you are able to pick up someone else's gun and have it shoot right where the front sight is "Looking" without any adjustment???...Just curious....mikey357

NEVER shoot group w/ both your SH/WH, you will immediately know that you're the one doing wrong, not the gun!! :lol:

Besides, anybody noticed that if you take up the slack on the glock trigger before getting to the sight your groups open up a bit or is it just me?

Our local Glock sight installer guy has installed many sets of replacement sights, adjustable and fixed, of many different makers. One of his questions to the gun's user is "are you right or left handed"? He tweaks a slight fudge factor for this and the guns normally are dead on for windage. Don't know exactly why it works, but it does.

I've installed sights on at least 6 different Glocks, for 3 different guys. I center the rear sight in the dovetail with a micrometer, and give the gun back to them.

One righty had small issues with this at first, and wanted me to adjust it until I took the gun (as a lefty) and shot point-of-aim at 25 yards with it. Another lefty tried it, and got the same result. He was then able to accept that his gun wasn't shooting left, HE was shooting left. Fixed it with some dry work and a lot of range time.

All my guns have non-adjustable sights centered perfectly (within .002") on the slide.

I'd rather correct my technique, than adjust my sights to hide my trigger-control problems. And shortly after I gave up playing with adjustable sights and spent time learning to shoot the gun, I stopped having problems. :)

Edited by MemphisMechanic