Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Word "tactical" On Everything!

G-ManBart

I'm sure someone else has noticed this before, but why does every company feel the need to add the word tactical to everything? An example..."our newest tactical folding knife". If they're planning for a fight and focusing on a knife, I'd suggest their "tactics" are wrong and they should be thinking about bringing a gun, better yet, several guns, along with a bunch of friends with their guns. What about tactical pants??? Sheesh...gimmee a break. I don't even want to know what tactics people are planning with their pants. :o I'm waiting on a tactical cell phone or PDA that squirts OC, and has a SureFire built into it....you know someone's thought about it!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you know? You can sell the same product for 20% more if you put the word "Tactical" on it!!

Only if its black and has velcro or molle attachments. :D

Edited by Airic

Don't forget adding the word practical in front of tactical.

Our pants are practical for every day wear but tactical enough to do any harsh enviornment stuff... no they are not and anyone that sees you wearing this crap in public knows you were told about it by the guy at your gunstore that reads the most gun rags and has the least amount of expeiriance.

As far as I see it purchasing something that is know by its company as tactical, and that is your reason for buying it, lowers your IQ by at leat 25 points.

I have sucssfully elininated the words tactical and tactics from my shooting vocabulary because as far as I am concerned useing the words makes you a gunshop poser only worthy of couch sitting and talking about how great things are without really knowing the facts.

Sorry about the rant. Almost nothing makes me more angry in the gun world than the use of the word tactical.

Don't you know? You can sell the same product for 20% more if you put the word "Tactical" on it!!

I wonder if I can get pants with a built in laser?

Edited by theknightoflight

Don't forget od green or sand tan.

I hate buzz word created just for marketting. ;)

I read that too fast, I thought you said 'taser' :D

Don't forget od green or sand tan.

Oh I dont know, I welcome some new colors in the world. Black everything gets boring after a while.

On the other hand, the answer to tactical is simple: its there because we buy it, and I mean the colective we of the gun world.

Tactical Tazer Pants. Old hat... Open the old zipper and shock em so bad they fall over! :o

Edited by Merlin Orr

The applications of adding "tactical" to the names of ordinary things just doesn't stop with a dramatic rise in sales. Some of you may not know that three years ago, I had the ancient Tibetan Sanskrit word for tactical tattooed onto my right wrist, and in one week made GM in all divisions! After feeling as if I had cheated, I had the prefix un- added to the mystical incantation placed on my body...pronounced "stes-te".

222.jpg

Since then, I have started all over from unclassified. Let me tell you that without the assistance of tactical, the climb has been infinitely difficult :angry:

You mean you have not seen adds for the New and Improved, Police Issue Fire & Rescue 7.11 Tactical Safety Laser Pants with built in Molle straps? They come in ninja black or digital cammo.

You mean you have not seen adds for the New and Improved, Police Issue Fire & Rescue 7.11 Tactical Safety Laser Pants with built in Molle straps? They come in ninja black or digital cammo.

OOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I am getting some of those!!!!

How did this happen?

A. Marketing and all the homeland security $$$ flowing out of uncle sam's pockets. I heard the SHOT show was awash in all things "tactical" (i.e. spray-painted black and re-labled).

It's like Royal Robbins and 5.11 Tactical. Few people knew about the 5.11 pants when it was just Royal Robbins. Then they formed 5.11 Tactical and all of a sudden everyone is wearing them.

I also love companies putting Mil Spec on everything. Which Mil Spec? I deal with Mil Specs all day long, there's millions of them. There's a Mil Spec for just about everything you can imagine. If you want an overpriced zip tie, you can buy the Mil Spec version(MS3367).

If only BE would market a Tactical Slide Glide that's used by SEAL Team 123456 he would make a killing on the mall ninja forums.

How did this happen?

A. Marketing and all the homeland security $$$ flowing out of uncle sam's pockets. I heard the SHOT show was awash in all things "tactical" (i.e. spray-painted black and re-labled).

Yep.

But, I really hate having to sell all these guns/accessories with the dumb tacti-cool names manufacturers slap on them too! We waste so much time attempting to decode makes and models from some of the dorky names that all sound alike. I guess simple model numbers are outdated.

The one feature most have forgotten about...black (or coyote tan, sand, forest green, digital anything), nomex, and velcro...is FASTEX...without a fastex buckle somewhere on it, it is a cheap imitation, destined for the flea markets! :huh:

Uhhh... I'm not exactly what you call fond of digital camo, but regular camo is cool for a couple or so reasons...... The colors used in it are frankly delicious and have been intermittently 'fashionable' for quite some time as well; and properly fitted BDFs (usually in some camo or other) are really, really comfortable and practical. Not necessarily "tactical", but PRACTICAL. Whoever invented digital camo was smokin' too many Middle Eastern substances or something. Digi-camo only good in virtual reality scenarios---maybe. :rolleyes:

Someday I'm going to wear all my camo and defensive getup to work (it's a warehouse setting) and see if I'm sent home to change clothes. <_<:P

There were a couple of pair of ladies' pants on a rack at Wal*Mart the other day that were sorta camo-styled, but the damn' camo pattern had flowers in it!!!!!! <insert puking icon> Gimme a break.

Well Sig look at it this way once Digital Camo is all thats out there we will be able to wear our BDUs in woodland camo to matches.

They will no longer be inappropriate attire we can call them vintage nature attire.