Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Midway Usa

atmar

It is really strange for almost a year I could not access the Midway website from home. When I was able to it was slow and timed out often. From work I seem to do pretyy good. My work and home use the same ISP which is Comcast so I really can't figure out what the problem is.

I'm having trouble with their dealer prices going up to about the same as retail.

:angry:

+1 <_<

That is one big Bummer, I just checked several products and you guys are right!!

The Dealer discount is either very low or none at all!! Their Dealer Discounts were very generous and gave dealers a great Profit Margin. It all went away though.

Heck on 1000 Rainier 147Gr 9mm Bullets it's all of $.50 Dealer discount!!

How can a Dealer make a living with a $.50 Profit per Box of Bullets??

And They a re so close to me and they have lots of products too, I really miss the dealwer Discount.

Edited by ysued

I have the same problem occasionally. Click on a link and the page doesn't load. The problem must be on their end.

Mine works fast every time!!

I did have a Cookie Problem last year, but it solved itself out!!

Y

Midway had a pathetic display at Shot Show...Its was like a card table with a banner hanging behind it. Brownells had a great display..

I wish that they had a catalog there for you to take one!!

They were taking names for Catalogs though!!

Oh yeah, brainfart when i last read this thread.

One thing that can cause behavior like this is if you are timing out on your primary dns and failing over to your secondary dns server. Although this usually affects more than one site, it is possible that it only affects some and that combined with your browsing patterns makes it look like only one or two places are having isssues.

first thing to try is to do a release and renew and see if you get two different dns servers.

If that doesn't work you can always set them manually to ones that work (int he simplest case, just reverse the two that get set automatically).

Yeah... what's up with Midway's website? I'm having trouble with their dealer prices going up to about the same as retail.

:angry:

Up until last May I got dealer pricing from Midway. Suddenly when I went to order I realized I no longer had it. After several e-mails and a few phone calls I was finally told that my business name which I've used for 25 years no longer met their requirements for a dealer discount. So now Brownells, Grafs, and a few others get what I was spending every year with Midway plus some. When I've compared what I spent for the same item with Midway against what I now pay with Grafs or Brownells I find the Midway prices even with the dealer discount were more. I've lost nothing with Midway and find no reason to go back.

Keith

I find Midway's site to be sluggish to get around in. I use it some but I normally look stuff up in the catalog and order by phone. Likewise Brownells.

I don't have a dealer setup to see their "wholesale" prices.

I kind of default to Midway because of the wide selection but I usually check out Midsouth for price and availability.

FWIW, the pages do warn about long load times if you are pulling up a lot of catalog items with pics, and yeah, sometimes I give up on the wait too.

Mebbe something unique to their site's architecture/search algorhythms?

I run an older version of Netscape. What about the others here having problems?

Edited by kevin c