Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 4 Championship

Hi All,

I have some preliminary info for the 2007 Area 4 Championship. More info will be reported here on the Forum, and on the Area 4 web site, as we get it.

The info as listed in Front Sight is accurate except for the contact person. That will be me, Wayne Miller, at wwmiller@suddenlink.net. My cell phone is 214-335-8468. Tom Drazy will be the Range Master again and I will be the Match Director. Tom's email is tadj@discover-net.net.

A match application is being designed and will be posted on our web site and sent to USPSA for publishing soon. We are looking into the possibilties of accepting Visa/MC for the entry fee and using a link on the web app to STB Designs for match shirt orders. We haven't heard back from our webmaster on this yet.

Self squadding will be used for this match as well as the same shooting schedule as last year. Shooters can select either Friday AM/Sat PM, Friday PM/Sat AM, all day Friday or all day Sat slots. The all day slots will be limited to a single squad each day with only 8 shooters on each squad.

The match motel will be the Rodeway Inn & Suites where I will house the staff and have extra rooms blocked under "USPSA". I also blocked rooms at the Microtel and Quality Inns under "USPSA". The rates are 49.00, 59.00 and 72.00 respectively for double occupancy. Rooms will be available until 5-21-2007 at all 3 places and then released for general sale. Remodeling at the Rodeway will be finished by June so the problems we experienced at this year's A4 should not occur. I was guaranteed by the sales manager, Joanne Folse, that the room remodeling, breakfast area, bar, meeting rooms and wireless web will be complete and in place a long time before we arrive.

I have asked USPSA about the possiblities of holding a NROI certification class in conjunction with the match, specifically a Level II. Anyone interested in a Level II, or for that matter a Level I, RO class should contact me so we can determine if we have enough students for a class. If we do, some of the students will be solicited to work the match at which point we will pick up the usual expenses as match staff. I would suspect student fees would be approx $30 for the class plus room costs. Rooms will be available at the Rodeway at the 49.00 rate in the event we get enough students for a class. I will have more on this on our web site at a later date.

Please feel free to contact either Tom or me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Wayne Miller

Match Director, 2007 Area 4 Championship

BTW, since Hicks has the checkbook, there will be, must to the dismay of many, Standards again in 2007!!!

Hi All,

I have some preliminary info for the 2007 Area 4 Championship. More info will be reported here on the Forum, and on the Area 4 web site, as we get it.

The info as listed in Front Sight is accurate except for the contact person. That will be me, Wayne Miller, at wwmiller@suddenlink.net. My cell phone is 214-335-8468. Tom Drazy will be the Range Master again and I will be the Match Director. Tom's email is tadj@discover-net.net.

A match application is being designed and will be posted on our web site and sent to USPSA for publishing soon. We are looking into the possibilties of accepting Visa/MC for the entry fee and using a link on the web app to STB Designs for match shirt orders. We haven't heard back from our webmaster on this yet.

Self squadding will be used for this match as well as the same shooting schedule as last year. Shooters can select either Friday AM/Sat PM, Friday PM/Sat AM, all day Friday or all day Sat slots. The all day slots will be limited to a single squad each day with only 8 shooters on each squad.

The match motel will be the Rodeway Inn & Suites where I will house the staff and have extra rooms blocked under "USPSA". I also blocked rooms at the Microtel and Quality Inns under "USPSA". The rates are 49.00, 59.00 and 72.00 respectively for double occupancy. Rooms will be available until 5-21-2007 at all 3 places and then released for general sale. Remodeling at the Rodeway will be finished by June so the problems we experienced at this year's A4 should not occur. I was guaranteed by the sales manager, Joanne Folse, that the room remodeling, breakfast area, bar, meeting rooms and wireless web will be complete and in place a long time before we arrive.

I have asked USPSA about the possiblities of holding a NROI certification class in conjunction with the match, specifically a Level II. Anyone interested in a Level II, or for that matter a Level I, RO class should contact me so we can determine if we have enough students for a class. If we do, some of the students will be solicited to work the match at which point we will pick up the usual expenses as match staff. I would suspect student fees would be approx $30 for the class plus room costs. Rooms will be available at the Rodeway at the 49.00 rate in the event we get enough students for a class. I will have more on this on our web site at a later date.

Please feel free to contact either Tom or me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Wayne Miller

Match Director, 2007 Area 4 Championship

BTW, since Hicks has the checkbook, there will be, must to the dismay of many, Standards again in 2007!!!

The match dates are Thursday June 7 for Staff and Vendors Only

Friday and Saturday for scheduled shooting

Sunday for awards and prize table.

More specific info will be posted later. Thanks, Wayne

Thanks for the info. Any idea if a one day shoot will be available?

The one day shoots will be a single squad of about 8 on Friday and another single squad of 8 on Saturday.

Once the Holidays are over I'll get more info on the Area 4 web site.

See ya,

Wayne

Just out of curiosity, what's the reason for the traditional June date? The weather has been pretty crappy for most all the years A4's been in Shreveport in early June-- way too hot or massive thunderstorms and usually both.

Why not have the match earlier in the year like April-- at least there won't be any heatstroke problems and the calendar is a lot less crowded by the northern matches?

Just out of curiosity, what's the reason for the traditional June date? The weather has been pretty crappy for most all the years A4's been in Shreveport in early June-- way too hot or massive thunderstorms and usually both.

Why not have the match earlier in the year like April-- at least there won't be any heatstroke problems and the calendar is a lot less crowded by the northern matches?

Although in the past there were conflicts with dates like Space City. Make a Wish and even the Nats, the weekends in June were more of an inheritance than anything else. People that have been around forever have reminded me that it use to be held on the first weekend of June (which I remember) and then moved to the second to make up for the extended school year. It has always been a tradition down here to make the match available to as many juniors and students as possible as well as the adult shooters of Area 4 therefore the summer dates. Range help is much easier to find also after the school is out for the year since setup takes a week.

Now, from a setup and managing point of view, some folks have even suggested to have the 2007 and 2008 match back to back. 2007 the last 2 or 3 days of the year and 2008 the first 2 or 3 days of Jan! Sounds weird, huh?

Happy Holidays to all of you out there. Hopefully I'll get to see all of you at the match.

DVC

Wayne

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright, I know it's early, but will someone please post some match updates, scores, videos , rumor, gossip, innuendo, etc ASAP! I wasn't able to make it this year :angry2: so I'm desperate for info. Good luck to all the shooters and have a blast! And even though I can't make it, Wayne and all the crew: THANKS for all the time and effort you put out for the Area, sport and all the rest of us!

Finals are up, now... ;)

Any clue what happened to KC and to Forrest?? Unusual to see either of those guys DQ'ed....

I see a lot of forum names up there at the top of those results :)

Any clue what happened to KC and to Forrest?? Unusual to see either of those guys DQ'ed....

To the best of my knowledge (read: third hand information) KC for sweeping on stage 6 and Forrest for a 180 violation.

-Chet

To the best of my knowledge (read: third hand information) KC for sweeping on stage 6 and Forrest for a 180 violation.

-Chet

Forrest told me that he was clearing a jam on a target that was close to the 180 point as he engaged it; and during the course of clearing the jam he broke the 180. He handled it very well, he's a really good young fella.