Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rude Obnoxious Idiots On Other Forums

tightloop

My other vice in life besides shooting is sailing. If you think shooting is expensive, just try racing a sailboat. :o Without a doubt, the wildest, craziest forum is Sailing Anarchy. Pretty much ANYTHING goes.. Be very CAREFULL opening any thread with the words "Friday" or "Wednesday". It's like fight club for the internet, lol...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be talking about GT. It's the only forum I'm involved in (since 2001) that the mods allow such rude behavior. Every post, no mater what it is about, encounters rude and agressive behavior. I have frequented it for so long, that I am am amazed when Flexmoney and even Brian jumps on rude posters in an instant. This has become my favorite forum for advice and info.

Best, Rik

One of my favorites lately is this forum where they started a $hit storm then shut off the registration page so no one could disagree with them. They then cancel accounts of those whe disagree and then post how all the "kool-aid drinkers" have gone away. LOL

One of my favorites lately is this forum where they started a $hit storm then shut off the registration page so no one could disagree with them. They then cancel accounts of those whe disagree and then post how all the "kool-aid drinkers" have gone away. LOL

I have browsed a few forums like that. I have also found some totally out of control. For some reason I keep coming back here. ;):D

I guess living in the cold and dark of Alaska means he has to find purpose in his life by trolling the forum...

You think they are bad on the net?? You should try going into their gunshops, listening to them drone on about how competition shooters are crap :angry: , driving on the same roads as them nearly getting killed because they "think" they can drive in the snow/ice :blink: , hearing these crazy Alaskans preach about their oil and gas and do nothing about it :rolleyes: , and having to pay 3 bucks more for everything because shipping is soo expensive :huh: !

Ever pay 6 bucks for a Happy Meal? :P

+1 on this forum....lots more signal to noise here.

<pats on backs to the mods>

I have about 20 shooting forums in my favorites. I am also on the Beretta forum and the Sig forum under the same screen name. Very nice bunch of folks, usually very civil on both of those, which leads me to wonder....

"As the price of the gun goes up, does the quality of their respective forums increase also?"

A correlation if you will.

Or could it be a competition thing?

Or a technical thing?

Does having to be more precise/accurate (usually in a short amount time) attract a different sort of crowd?

Anyway....sorry...I am just rambling now. I return you back to your regularly scheduled thread.

I did notice that Flex was there...

Was that real recent ?

I was having some fun saying some crap that I wouldn't say on this forum...just the other day. :oB)

Flex,

It was pretty recent, within the last few days. Something about "double tap accuracy" I think. At least no one flamed you (yet) when you spoke on the subject. Pretty good behavior for that particular place.

Chills,

I used to frequent BerettaForums and, for the most part, it was pretty civil there. The mods there did not let folks get away with too much, but it really does not meet my needs anymore so I haven't been there in quite some time. I don't know if he still frequents there or not, but David Olhasso used to show up there from time to time and let us pick his brain a bit on tinkering on the Beretta's. Now that he's not shooting one, I don't know if he still goes there or not.

Edited by bierman

"As the price of the gun goes up, does the quality of their respective forums increase also?"

Or a technical thing?

Does having to be more precise/accurate (usually in a short amount time) attract a different sort of crowd?

I think it's because we are real shooters not couch commandos. And Flex beats them back pretty quick B)

Or a technical thing?

I think it's because we are real shooters not couch commandos. And Flex beats them back pretty quick B)

I am stilll feeling the pain of Flex telling me/us we can't have a Single Stack Division Section :(;)

This site will definitely spoil a person.

I have very little interest in what plinkers and gun rag believers have to say. Anyone who mentions Ayoob or "one-shot stops" or uses the word "tactical" drive me nuts. This is the main reason I no longer moderate at the 1911forum. A few of their other mods is why I don't even visit anymore.

I will check out Glock Talk occasionally just for laughes. Guys asking if they need a new barrel after 10K rounds, more describing how they'd never buy a gun that was displayed in a gun shop (someone might have TOUCHED it), or expecially anybody referring to their gun as a female (I nearly barf if they've named it).

I'm sure at one time my guns filled the role of "play pretty", but I can't remember when. Guns, ammo, mags, mag pouches......doesn't really matter as they are all equally important to me. Must have been drilling the first trigger guard of a 1969 .38 Super Colt for a Ghost holster that cured me.

I don't know who's worse at some of those sights, the trolls or the troll-baiters. Maybe its just me, but I think if you just ignore the troll, they will eventually give up and go away. But if you engage them, they think they can sway you to their line of thought and so they redouble their efforts. I don't know. I guess I'll just hang out here some more and continue being spoiled. :D

Here, it is about sharing knowledge and becoming a better shooter.

There, it is about debate skills.

Along with the personal attacks tightloop hates, another behaviour that I hate is the ability for people to repeat statements that have been shown to be wrong...

Them: A does not equal C

Me: A equals B, B equals C, therefore A equals C

<a week later>

Them: A does not equal C

Me: What? Didn't I just.... ARRRGH!

Respectfully,

Mark Kruger

I think why we have a "majority" of more civilized posters here is because we shoot matches, we travel to other States to shoot matches thus the chances of meeting other members ftf here is VERY likely.

Not only likely, but a lot of effort to do so by many of us.

The more BE'ers I meet the better!!!

Get your puke bag ready!!

All my guns are Black and named Betty!! B):P:D

Whoa Black Betty, Bam a lam. Whoa, Black Betty!

Couldnt help myself.

I would say that I love BE.com

Some of the other forums are too elitist and I can't stand it. One of the ones I used to read if you ever mentioned another brand or using none factory parts you were instantly flamed.

However, I wont say we are the best because some people are insecure and need others to tell them that their guns are the best. If I needed someone to tell me how to be a better mall ninja or couch commando I would go somewhere else. Same reason I dont shop at mast gun shops.

Thank you Brian and Mods. :wub:

Couldnt help myself.

LOL...cool.

If you are gonna go there...go all the way.

(I love that I have my computer running through my amp and Bose speakers !)

LOL...cool.

(I love that I have my computer runs through my amp and Bose speakers !)

Lol... I think I could actually smell the weed oozing through my speakers.

Zack

Couldnt help myself.

LOL...cool.

(I love that I have my computer runs through my amp and Bose speakers !)

Ahhh....music from the days when talent mattered more than looks...

Couldnt help myself.

LOL...cool.

(I love that I have my computer running through my amp and Bose speakers !)

SEE!! SEE!!! Yu guys get jokes!! I love it here! You are a little more serious than us over at XDtalk but who cares!

This forum is about learning and sharing what you have learned.

I have always loved that line!

I think since we actually shoot a lot, and with a purpose, we actually have things to discuss.

Folks who plink a couple hundred rounds a year through their hi-points run out of discussion material pretty fast. Gun rags don't even give them any good lies since most of it is crapola. All that's left is picking at everyone else.

Here we aren't exactly strangers even if we haven't met. Go to the USPSA site and it's easy to see exactly how good (or bad) I am. 5 minutes on Google and you will see exactly how I perform locally. The same is true for the majority of regular posters here.

I still feel bad about bad-mouthing cooper tunnels when I know the person trying to make our local match more interesting no doubt read my rant.

I'm also fairly sure I'm going to get ragged on at our next local match by a bunch of folks with guns named Betty :P

I know I love this site and regularly review major match results just to see how the folks here did. I think I cheered out loud at Flex's finish at the Nats.

Edited by JFD