Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brad Balsley

BSeevers

Brad Balsley has signed up for the Army and won't be shooting USPSA for a while. Well he leaves the sport with a 6th overall at the 2006 Open Nationals and many other wins under his belt. Since he is 18 don't worry, he will be back. He is shooting for the Army too but not our sport. He is a friend that I'll miss but its great knowing that he will be back shortly. Good luck Brad and thanks for serving our country. I didn't post in what I hate because it is a positive thing.

PS Probably won't be seeing his folks either so its a triple wammy.

AN ARMY OF ONE.

It's ARMY STRONG now. ;)

That said. Brad. You've got a lot ahead of you. Keep your head up and just be patient with everyone around you. Don't take anything too seriously. If you're going to Fort Jackson, SC for basic, well, I suppose the parents could yell at you when you come back instead of the "treatment" you'll get at Relaxin' Jackson. :lol:

Let us know how you're doing, what your MOS is, etc. It helped a lot when I got to AIT and could write, e-mail, etc. some folks every once in a while, so post up your AKO if want us to write.

Other than that, stay motivated and keep a great attitude.

Rich

C-3/82nd AVN (DUSTOFF!)

82nd Airborne Division

Fort Bragg, NC

Well hell, he'll have enough fun on Sand Hill then at Benning. One of the last true places where the Army is still the Army. 14 weeks of OSUT...no sweat.

You'll have a great time and then be across the freeway to main post and the AMU.

Good luck and let us know if you need anything. Letters from home are HUGE!

Rich

Good! That's competition at the top for next Nationals... I ought to have 19th place locked!!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though... Congrats, Brad - and good luck, shoot straight, and REPRESENT for the forum :D

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Right now I'm home on leave for Christmas..Basic so far has been interesting. We just ended the first 3 weeks 3 days ago and changed to the white phase..When I go back they said we get to start shooting things. That makes me happy!! :) My MOS is Infantry if you wanted to know. I'm at ft. Benning on Sand Hill and my o my do they like to do " corrective trainning "...sometimes we dont even know why we're doing it. And for thoes of you who are asking about dad and mom, they'll still be shooting. Dads excited to get back into the game. I just have one more big goal...To try to get dad to sign some of these guns over to me when I turn 21...Right now when I ask him about that he laughs at me <_< ...o well...still have 3 years to work him :rolleyes::D