Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal 150 Primers

Keith

I'm asking this in the revolver forum as I know the wheelgunners pretty much HAVE to use Federal primers. Flex, feel free to move this thread as you see fit.

Can't seem to find Federal 150's around here in the last 3 or 4 months.

Just wondering if it is a regional thing or if anyone else is experiencing this around the country?

Edited by Keith

I warned you guys in August, Federal is backed up and out of stock. Haven't heard what the future is holding though.

Try Wideners, they had 100,000+ in August.

Wait, if you get primers you may practice, yea there's plenty around don't sweat it. :lol::lol::lol:

Sportsmans Warehouse had some as of the first of the month. If you can find some buy all you can because they are going up 10-12% the first of the year.

I cleaned out one of the local Sportsmans Warehouses about a month ago and I only got 5000. :blink:

The whole market is screwed up not just primers...A local police department shoots Federal ammo.....Well, used to. An order was put in for 2 million rounds of ball ammo...Federal couldnt/wouldnt touch it because of the war. ..The department now shoots Remington...

Keith,

To save cost my sponsor is thinking about leaving the primers out. It only makes sense. If your not going to put powder in all the cases, the use of primers seems a waste. :D

However,

I order mine locally through Gander Mountain. $22.90 @K. Usually arrive within 1 week.

If you look for a guy on here 'Squishy'. He is a small dealer that I shoot with. He can get them but I don't know about shipping them to the great white north.

By the way, I caught Shooting USA the other night. It was a re-run of the 2005 Nats. Nice coverage of you shooting and reloading. I had no idea you were a celebrity.

Looks like Midway is out but Wideners has 81,000 on hand and Graf and Sons has them in stock, too. Haven't ordered anything from Wideners in a long time. Maybe I'll try them.

Yup. I'm still trying to get used to my celebrity status, Jimmy. But the ladies are being real cool about it and not throwing themselves at me. But I can tell they are just pretending to ignore me. :lol:

I may have to get another order together, there's now about 4 to 6 more guys that are shooting Revolver here in Kansas.

Aerosigns,

Keith's even a champeen Revolvelero. He kicked our butts at the "Record Setting" Iowa Revolver Match. Watch Front Sight for the Whole Story in the coming months!

Dave,

That's one of those things where I can actually say "I was there!" :)

Are you planning another impressive article for Front Sight? I thought your article featuring Master Mike was insightful. I only hope that you can do the same thing to/for Keith.

I just hope that when he gets his next card he still remembers us little people.

On the primer note:

Now you have me worried so I ran out to check my primer inventory. Down to 1K. :o Time to order another 5-10 K.

Yep, it's already at FS. The Iceman will be featured, he won of course. Even had a picture, or two, of him. Unfortunately I gave Dr. Dremel some more space. I need to stop encouraging the guy. FS said they were trimming it a bit, so who knows.

One of the large distributors in my area said he did not really expect to see any Federal primers until the first of next year, and that they would be going up about 17%. He said that Federal is using all of them for their own ammo. I bought some WW primers, hoping that they will be reliable in a mod. 17. I have not used WW primers in many years.

Looks like Midway is out but Wideners has 81,000 51,000 on hand and Graf and Sons has them in stock, too. Haven't ordered anything from Wideners in a long time. Maybe I'll try them.

There. Fixed it. ;)

I guess I didn't plan on doing the FL open this year and I only ordered 20,000. :P 10,000 are mine and the other 10,000 go to another MN wheelgunner. Somebody else (another forum member?) ordered 10,000 just before I placed my order Saturday night.

I'm not trying to "drift" the thread...

But does the shortage of primers extend into the Federal 100s??????

I load only 45s...(and Carmoney knows they work).... but my good friend Cheetah and others feed on the smaller primers.

This reminds me of a line from my dad.......... "Let's stock up before the horders buy up everything" :rolleyes:

Yes
This reminds me of a line from my dad.......... "Let's stock up before the horders buy up everything" :rolleyes:
Same thang h'pened back when I was a young'un. Hell... I had 75K stashed at one point. ;)

Yes
Same thang h'pened back when I was a young'un. Hell... I had 75K stashed at one point. ;)

My friendly primer purveyor has informed me that Federal primers are now $25 a thousand :o

Yes

My friendly primer purveyor has informed me that Federal primers are now $25 a thousand :o

To make you feel better, I've just bought 3k Federal primers for my .45acp Taurus rev. I paid £20 per k (approx. $37.00!!!) and I thought that was a competetive price. It's not known as rip-off Britain for nothing you know.!!

Yes

To make you feel better, I've just bought 3k Federal primers for my .45acp Taurus rev. I paid £20 per k (approx. $37.00!!!) and I thought that was a competetive price. It's not known as rip-off Britain for nothing you know.!!

It doesn't make me feel better, but, I feel your pain. Congratulations on keeping the faith under difficult circumstances